“Beautiful Property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront

You added Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront to your Saves list
Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1133 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E3T3, Canada (Formerly Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Cars Eat & Stay for Free!
Ranked #43 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Austin, Texas
“Beautiful Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel felt like vacation even though I was on a business trip! Wonderful location right on the harbor two blocks from the convention center--view from the harborside rooms is stunning. Ordered room service for breakfast each day--service was excellent--for instance, they brought me the wrong kind of toast one day and brought the right kind back up without my asking. The harbor is beyond breathtaking--went for a wonderful run each day and all was right in the universe. Only issue was quirky elevator buttons that skipped floors intermittently. I would stay here for a vacation in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RSGgmRVHH, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Amy B,

Thanks for your feedback and very happy to hear that you had a great stay with us.

At Renaissance Hotels we ask, "Why can't a business trip also be a journey full of inspiring discoveries? You spend your life working. Discover the world as you go." It sounds like you've found the perfect balance here!

We're in the process of servicing our elevators so should have the quirky elevator buttons addressed.

We look forward to welcoming you back - for business or pleasure.

Roman St. Germain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stay here often and was compelled to write a review as I find the staff to be friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. The rooms are always very clean, the beds are extremely comfortable and bellhop always opens the door for you with a smile. The front desk always does their best to accomodate guest requests. The hotel is a short walk to Robson street. It's one of the few hotels I stay at that I actually have a feeling of being at home!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Stephanie M,

Thanks for your wonderful comments!

We're really happy that you enjoy staying with us and view us as home away from home.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The rooms are dated in layout, partially renovated. Bathroom doors are thin with a sliding mechanism, offering very little privacy. Lobby and gym are nice, in- room wifi and parking expensive. The location is convenient to most downtown sites and attractions.

Dear Fabian S,

Thanks for your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Excellent location within easy walking distance to the harbour and shops. We found the staff friendly and pleasant. Our harbourview room with 2 double beds for 2 adults and 2 teenagers was cosy to say the least. Photos on the website look they are taken at the right angle to make the room look bigger. We found the beds uncomfortable and small, and the bathroom with shower over the bath just too small also. There was no place to hang your towel!!! We also found the air co too noisy.
Reception area had free wifi and a very nice bar with views. Originally, we had planned to go out for dinner but after smelling and seeing a nearby tables food, we decided to stay and eat from the bar menu. The chicken wings and burgers were a winner. Staff were friendly and attentive and also gave us some hints on nice places to visit in rainy Vancouver.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear blossySydney,

I appreciate your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay at the Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside.

Glad to hear that you had pleasant interactions with members of our team and that you enjoyed dinner in p2b bistro+bar.

I apologize that your room wasn't up to your expectations and am concerned that the beds were uncomfortable. I'd like to learn more about the room in which you stayed.

I will provide my direct contact information to you via a direct message and hope we have an opportunity to connect.

I look forward to hearing from you and having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Fort Worth, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Marriott properties are great because of their consistency across the brand and around the world. If you like Renaissance properties, then you will like this hotel. Pros: close to the harbor/walkway, convention center, Olympic torch and many restaurants/bars. The conceirge lounge was superb....good selection of healthy and creative bites plus very friendly and gregarious staff. Cons: the front desk staff was absent....I only had a couple of dealings with them but wow, what a miss. Aloof, un-attentive, did not smile or offer a kind or supportive word and had to stalk them to get them to look up to answer a question. A notable fail. Also, the self parking (add 10 minutes to your coming/going to get to parking garage) was a bit atrocious unless you pay to valet (which still looked like a long wait). Overall, clean hotel, comfortable rooms and mostly consistent Marriott quality. I will likely look elsewhere on a future trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear miraval1,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your January stay with us.

Our goal is to ensure that you have a GREAT stay rather than simply a "decent" stay as you've noted.

My apologies for the conduct of the folks at the Front Desk. We have recently focused on this particular area and are confident that we have overcome these challenges.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Dear Here-today-gone...,

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us in February.

Very sorry to hear about your stay - my apologies that we did not meet your expectations.

I'd like to learn more about the room in which you stayed and would love the opportunity to connect with you to discuss further.

I have sent a message directly to your account with my contact information. Please feel free to contact me directly when it is convenient to do so.

I look forward to chatting with you and hopefully having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The pictures and lobby are completely misleading. I chose a different hotel but my host directed me here because the Marriott was sold out. My room is below ground level, tiny and noisy. This place is seriously a dump. Maybe there are nicer rooms? Who knows, but I'm not coming back to find out. The folks at the counter were very polite. The room isn't so polite.

Dear Here-today-gone...,

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

From the doorman's welcome, valet service, and front desk clerk (Cesar!) we felt like royalty walking in. We were upgraded to a harbour view for free, which was a nice surprise. Breakfast room service was fast and yummy. Again customer service was spectacular. Housekeeping was perfect and attentive. The windows actually opened, so we were able to take great photos of our view and enjoy fresh air. The room was spacious, bed comfortable, water pressure reliable, and the valet parking was less expensive than most anywhere I have stayed in an urban setting (23$ Canadian/night). I have already recommended it to multiple people.

Room Tip: Harbour view is spectacular but only worth the extra expense if you plan on relaxing for some hours...