“poverty” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8

You added Super 8 to your Saves list
Super 8
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   725 SE Marine Drive, Vancouver, British Columbia V5X 2T9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #94 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
“poverty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

The lobby and breakfast sucked even a bum would love this place. I come here often just to bowl not much there to do. clean up or destroy this place or something. super 8 or super expensive yet very poor quality for anyone even a bum

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Prince George, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This place is a total dump! I figured how bad could it be since it was a super 8 but man was I in for a surprise. The room was the worst I have ever stayed in in any hotel. The electrical sockets didn't have switch covers. The window was broken and wouldn't close properly. The sink and tub were cracked. One elevator was broken and the other shook so bad I thought I might plummet to my death. Oh and when I went to have a look at the breakfast in the morning I wouldn't have forced my dog to eat it.
Avoid this place at all costs!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Terrace
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Obviously a place Super 8 picked up from a former owner. It desperately needs a facelift. The light switch plate in my room was missing a piece, and some of the switches seemed to do nothing. Couldn't get the bathroom fan to work. Furniture was shabby, the room carpeting old and the bed not particularly comfortable. The continental breakfast didn't have a whole lot of variety to it.

However, if I needed a place, I would stay again. If you want a hotel near the Vancouver airport that offers shuttle service, this is probably your least expensive bet.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We are not fussy travellers and I have never given a bad review but this place is not safe. The room they gave us had no heat, front desk told us they would send a portable electric heater up, we refused - the electrical outlet that was visible already had burn marks- scary thought! We were given another room and an electric heater...... just in case. The rest of the hotel was falling apart, everywhere we looked there were maintenance updates required. The only good thing was the room was clean. It was far too late for us to change hotels and had prepaid through hotwire so we stayed. Not to discredit Hotwire; we use Hotwire often and have had amazing stays. This hotel was rated 2 star and we usually book 3+, will know better next time!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8

Address: 725 SE Marine Drive, Vancouver, British Columbia V5X 2T9, Canada
Location: Canada > British Columbia > Vancouver
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #94 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Super 8 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Wyndham, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Super 8 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Hotel Vancouver
Quality Inn Vancouver

If you own or manage Super 8, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.