“favorite hotel in B.C” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver

Save Saved
You added Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver to your Saves list
Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   645 Howe St., Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 2Y9, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #15 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
“favorite hotel in B.C”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

When my husband and I am going to B.C, We always stay there. Friendly staffs, very clean and nice room. Bed is so comfortable, and I love their bath tab and separate shower space.
Eazy access and walking distance to all good shopping mall and resturants.
Highly recommended to the people who want to have relax and luxury stays.

Room Tip: Their parking rate is $ 38 per day, so get a special package for stays and free parking.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

1,036 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The property may be nice, I'll never know! I had a group of 10 couples booked at the Metropolitan due to a recommendation, everyone checking in on a Friday and out on Sunday for a cruise. 1 couple decided they wanted to go over to Victoria, I called the hotel and spoke with the reservation manager and they would not let me change the reservation even though I was more than 90 days out for check-in. There were NO stipulations with the rate I booked, the hotel just decided to make that weekend in June a two night minimum stay. I found a hotel across the street, better rate, and included breakfast... I will not be recommending this property to anyone anytime soon, there are just too many other options.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We decided to take a mini-family-vacation in downtown Vancouver. The Metropolitan Hotel was the perfect destination. Our children loved the pool and we loved the hot tub. The facilities were very clean and the staff was friendly. Our room was very comfortable and spacious. Our breakfast at the Diva restaurant in the hotel was delicious and our server, Vanna, was very accommodating and prompt. We had a visit from the General Manager, Joe Dias, who came by to make sure we were enjoying our stay. We were delighted by the whole experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at the Metropolitan Hotel in Vancouver in March for 4 days during some meetings. I booked through Hotwire (see more notes below) - which is a really good deal for such a "fancy" hotel, but make note that the "hotwire room" is 2 twin beds. The beds (while small) were VERY comfortable, and there was a nice view. An old (also small) TV, but it worked, so that was okay. The bathroom was amazing - bigger than many rooms I've stayed in! The bath products also smell really nice. The location is good, but tough to find a coffee after 8 pm (financial district), so pick one up on your way back for the night. It was easy to walk everywhere, and close to the sky train that I took from the airport. It's across from the Pacific place mall, which was nice to stop by. The staff are really friendly, and it's a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: I booked through Hotwire - the room was an awesome deal (nice!), but it comes with two tiny twin bed...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stay here often on business. It is unassuming, professional, and comfortable. Their service is always excellent. The health club facilities are unusually excellent (pool, fitness room, lots of machines). The restaurant is also excellent. I love staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is the best hotel in Vancouver, I have stayed for a day on my Wedding Anniversary which I just mentioned in my "purpose of trip" when I was booking this hotel and they organized a very well decorated cake with a card. We thank you to the hotel management from the bottom of our heart to make our day truly amazing. I believe this is called "Truly Exceptional Service".

• Stayed March 2013
Sausalito, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I can't wait to go back to Vancouver and stay here again. I stayed here on March 17th and it helped make my birthday one of the best. I was able to check in early without any problem. I had requested a "quiet" room, and actually got it, for once! A little welcome note wishing me a "Happy Birthday" had been left on the writing desk. There was a thick white terry cloth robe hanging in the closet, as i found in the other hotels on my trip to Victoria and Vancouver. i discovered that the hotel had a beautiful indoor pool, as well as a great jacuzzi and sauna, all of which i took advantage of.
Between the fresh air of Vancouver, and the relaxation provided by all the amenities of the Metropolitan, I slept like I hadn't for years. And check out is not till 12 PM, so i was able to enjoy reading the newspaper--left outside my door--at leisure in bed the next morning. All the
staff were professional, helpful and friendly. Also, it is very centrally located at W. Georgia and Howe, right off Robson Square, next to the Art Museum and all the shops. The Saint Patrick's Day Parade on Granville Street was 2 blocks away.
If you go to Vancouver--which i recommend!--- you will love this hotel!

Room Tip: I was on the 11th floor and had a wonderful view of the harbor and mountains.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver? Share your experiences!