“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Vancouver

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Vancouver to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Vancouver
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   655 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 2R7, Canada (Coal Harbour)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #26 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Elegant rooms, smart public spaces. Lobby a bit noisy when large tour groups in hotel but rooms are quiet and very comfortable. Bathrooms are particularly nice, especially the shower. Parking is expensive though.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1,507 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The location of Hyatt is so accessible to elsewhere of the city, many attractions can be reached on foot, by bus or metro minutes away from her. A wide range of dining options are also available nearby; from chained fast food to fine dining. No wonder limited dining choices are provided by the Hotel herself ! As regards the hotel services, the Hyatt brand certainly won't let you down and I appreciate their guest services the most.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My room is on the eighth floor and they have an elevator system that assigns an elevator to you based upon your destination. For example, if you want to go to the lobby, you select the first floor on the keypad and it tells you to go to elevator A, or B, C, etc. So far no problems. Unless the hotel is busy like it is today. I left my room and pressed the keypad and it said wait for elevator C. My wife and I waited for five minutes. No elevator. Tried the keypad again. Now it said elevator B. waited for another five minutes. Tried again. Now elevator A. No elevator ever showed up and it had now been fifteen minutes. I called the hotel operator to see if the elevators were working. An unbelievably rude woman told me that everything was working properly and that I "would just have to wait". This is supposed to be a classy, four star hotel. We paid a premium to stay here. That was a HUGE mistake. You have been warned....

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Boyd M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I understand our team at the hotel has reached out to you regarding your experience, but I did wish to offer you an apology for the inconvenience. Should I be able to assist you with anything further, please contact me at brandi.lasanen@hyatt.com.

Warm Regards,
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've always had good experiences at Hyatt hotels, and we even got married in one of their properties. This Hyatt specifically though won't even break the top ten of Hyatt properties in my book. If I could, I would probably give this property a 1.5 star instead of a 2, but since I don't have that option, I'm leaning towards 2 since it's not so bad that it only deserves a 1 star.

It didn't start out smoothly from the start. The check in process was amazingly slow. Unlike most Hyatt properties, this one specifically didn't have a Platinum line check in. When it's busy like it was, Platinum line would have been appreciated. For some reasons, during the reservation process, we were booked into two different rooms for the first night and the rest other two nights, so we would have to move on second day, which would have been a real pain. The lady who helped us was nice and assured us she would do whatever she needed to do so we didn't have to move the second night. The check in process took more than 20 minutes because of this issue. It was probably the longest check in we ever had. After that long check in, you would think the issue had been fixed. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. We got locked out of our room the second night. We were out all day and didn't make it back to the room until after midnight. Imagine the inconvenience when you made it up to your room only to have to go back downstairs to take care of this when it's promised to you that everything was taken care of during the check in. That was one strike!

The room itself was not the cleanest;it was quite dusty, thus allergies galore! The sink still had nasty dark gunk all over from previous guests I'm guessing? In case you're wondering, it was there to stay for the whole three nights we were there. Perhaps most guests don't look at their sinks closely, but I'm OCD so I notice things that really shouldn't be there.

The hairdryer was broken; it looked like someone had dropped it previously so the head didn't stay in place. Imagine trying to dry your hair with a hair dryer that wouldn't stay lock. It wasn't replaced even though I had made it known that the hair dryer was broken the first night.

Whoever okayed the placement of the shower head should have really reconsidered! Sure it's cool that your shower head is on the ceiling, but seriously, it is not the most convenient when you're showering. Imagine all the ninja moves you are forced to do just to get certain parts of your body all washed.

If anyone ever considered booking a suite here, seriously, reconsider! it's not worth the upgrade! We had a suite our first night (thus the whole reservation mess I mentioned earlier) which was an upgrade from my points. I so wished I had saved my points for another property. The second "room" aka suite side of the room was literarily a pull out couch. And the amazing waterfront view they promised us was blocked by all the giants building around.

There's some kind of party our last night there so we went up and down the elevator with some drunk young crowd. Okay, I must tell you that I'm not THAT old and I'm pretty close in age to some of these people, but I was shocked by how some were acting. I saw no securities around! Normally I see securities around during events to make sure things are in control. At one point, there's broken glass or bottle in one of the elevator. Seriously? And the party continued outside our room that night. Drunk people running around screaming down the hallway (another negative: you can hear noises from the hallways). Seriously, where were the security people? We're talking after midnight here, so it's not like it was early during the night where no one was sleeping.

Now, let me get to some positives since this place was not all bad, thus the 2 stars rating:
- location location location. It is in the middle of downtown, so it's walking distance to pretty much whatever your heart desires.
- staff is friendly
- free and very fast wifi <-although this might be due to my Platinum membership though. Not sure if this is for all. Normally, at other Hyatt properties, I get free fastest wifi, but here, I'm only given the standard wifi. If anyone ever considers upgrading to fast wifi, DON'T! The standard is fast that I was able to watch stuff on my iPad. That's usually my test of how fast hotel wifi is.

Now, will I stay here again? I can honestly say I would not consider this hotel at all next time I'm in Vancouver. I keep on thinking about how I wasted my points on this unsatisfying stay. I may check out waterfront hotels next time.

In case anyone cares, I did mention my unpleasant stay when Hyatt contacted me after my stay as they normally do after each stay. Normally, the hotel managers will respond to either positive reviews/criticisms I have over each property, but I haven't heard from them at all in this regards. It sure doesn't make me feel any better about this property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear ZaiZaiLv,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I understand that our General Manager has been in touch with you regarding your stay, but I would again like to apologize for the less than satisfactory experience you had while at our hotel. It is feedback such as yours that allows us to improve for the future. I do appreciate you highlighting the positives of your stay such as our friendly staff and our location within downtown Vancouver. I hope that should your travels bring you to Vancouver in the future, we have the opportunity to welcome you back and give you the experience that you should expect when staying at a Hyatt. Please contact me directly at brandi.lasanen@hyatt.com so I may assist you with future bookings.

Warm Regards
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We enjoyed a night at this hotel located in the heart of the business district and a top the hill in Vancouver so the rooms have nice views from the top floors. The staff is friendly, the rooms are well appointed and very comfortable. The restaurant in the hotel was OK, food was mediocre.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor so you get a view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kobe, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

A block away from Vancouver Art Museum and close location to downtown shopping district, it was great for shopping and just roaming around. The elevator is a little interesting system, and the Wi-fi is not complimentary, so need to watch out for that. Room service is well cared for. They did add extra towels for us without us requesting. However, one of the rooms we had had a patio, but registration did not tell us anything about over-looking pool and jacuzzi. The noise is easily heard. you can hear the morning call of the next room too. If you want a quiet sleep, I recommend somewhere higher in the level or somewhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north are facing the pool and jacuzzi.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I planned my 20th anniversary without telling my wife that we are travelling to Seattle and Vancouver that week. So I made my airline reservations from Tampa to Seattle and reserved two nights at Hyatt Regency Vancouver. I ended up telling my wife that we are travelling to Seattle and Vancouver without the kids a couple of days before our departure, but never told her what is waiting for her there. I called the hotel in Vancouver the day of our arrival and told them that it is our 20th anniversary and that I needed a room upgrade if possible. No surprise to me, they were very receptive and even offered me a complimentary upgrade to a higher floor, bigger room with a balcony, and premium views. When we got there, The check-in agent asked me to wait, and she brought out the hotel manager. He congratulated us and was very courteous to us to the point where we felt so special. He also provided us with free access to the lounge, which offered free breakfast and other snack services. They took us to our room, and oh my God, the view was breathtaking, overseeing downtown Vancouver and the water front where cruise ships dock. Few hours after our check-in, they brought in a very nice arrangement of chocolate to our room, complimentary.

The room was spacious, the views were great, the lounge food was delicious, and most importantly, they made us feel very special.

THANK YOU HYATT REGENCY VANCOUVER FOR YOUR GREAT HOSPITALITY!

Room Tip: Higher floors with a balcony overlooking the bay would be a great choice. The views we had are bette...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Redwan A,

Congratulations on your 20th Anniversary! We are thrilled that you chose to spend your special day with us. I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful visit and that you enjoyed your stay in Vancouver. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm Regards,
Brandi

Been to Hyatt Regency Vancouver? Share your experiences!