“Conan O'Brien Trip - Thumbs up Moda!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moda Hotel

You added Moda Hotel to your Saves list
Moda Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Seymour Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 3L9, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #65 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Whitehorse, Canada
“Conan O'Brien Trip - Thumbs up Moda!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

We had tickets to see Conan O'Brien at the Orpheum Theatre... this trip was the start of a vacation which would eventually lead us to Arizona... but we stayed a couple nights in Van for the show... The Moda hotel was conveniently located kitty-corner to the theatre. It's a beautifully restored boutique hotel which is smack dab in the middle of everything! We took the City Line skytrain (recommended by the front desk when I booked the room) right from the air-port and it dropped us off @ the Pacific Ctr shopping mall which was a short two block walk to the Hotel. The staff were awesome.. the room was perfect for our stay.. Not gigantic, but clean, and nicely decorated... The location was the best... and there was even a wine bar & sports bar in the building. Didn't get a chance to visit the wine bar, but ate supper @ the sports pub before the show and the food was DELICIOUS! I absolutely would recommend this hotel to anyone passing through the city.. or visiting for a show or a game..(right up the street from GM place)... the price we paid was cheaper than any of the other hotels in the area... We liked it so much we booked family there to attend a concert (xmas present) and we booked ourselves for our next trip passing through the city.. Check the online-rate.. it's cheaper than if you call... :) Thumbs up Moda!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Quesnel, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

I recently stayed in the Moda Hotel and I was very happy with my stay. With the hotel being right downtown, I was close to all of the shopping. The staff was very friendly, making sure I was comfortable and had everything I need. The rooms there are beautiful and the designs were all very modern. I had a great stay and I highly reccommend this hotel for anyone who needs a nice place to stay in the Vancouver downtown area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Becarful when renting this hotel... especially if you have a pet allergy and do not want smoke filled hallway odours that waft through the vents! I travel to Vancouver almost weekly and we decided on this personal trip to do a boutique hotel... BAD IDEA!"

- Only 1 Elevator (long wait times)
- Thin walls you will hear the people above you and next to you
- Not great for those who have allergies...
- Management lacks the customer service skills to deal with today's educated traveller - they try and belittle you with any requsts
- I would recommed the larger hotels within viscinity who are business minded and are concerned with bad experiences...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
ModaHotel, General Manager at Moda Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
We would like to thank you for choosing Moda Hotel Downtown Vancouver for your recent stay. We are disappointed to learn that your stay was not as memorable as other guests. Moda Hotel is a 100% non-smoking hotel and if there is any infringement of this policy, there is a $300.00 charge and we are very strict on this policy. We are working diligently to cure the noise problem. In terms of pets, we do welcome pets to the hotel and we do have designated rooms for our guests with pets. We do apologise that we did not live up to your expectations and feel free to discuss this further with me as we would love to welcome you back as our guest.

Warmest regards,
Kanat Kantman
kanat@modahotel.ca
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

I was traveling with my husband and good male friend. We got the room via Priceline and got it for $99 plus tax. When the conformation via Priceline arrived we found out it was reservations for two. My friend called to ask for two double beds. They said they would try but no promises. When we arrived, the room was one king. We explained our situation. They told us they could put us in the double room but it was above the bar and it would be very noisy. We said that would not work and was there another hotel close by so our male traveling compainon could stay there. They said hold on and might have something. After a bit of discussion, they offered us the king room with a rollaway bed. We took it. The room was a bit small compared to a US room but was very much like a Europian room. The room was on the corner with lots of windows and no air conditioning. We opened the windows which brought in the city noise. If you are light sleeper, it might bother you. But really liked it. The rollaway bed was fine for the night.

• Stayed September 2010
Warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Easy access from the airport via Skytrain, a good place to stay whilst visiting the city, with most attractions/places of interest within easy walking distance. Overall it doesn't quite live up too the 4* standard, with the rooms being on the small side and walls being thin enabling other guests to be heard. The restaurant, wine bar & pub are all top notch and well worth a visit although no breakfast was available during our visit. The staff were courteous, approachable and well informed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights. The second night at 2:50 a.m. our neighbours arrived. I woke up because they were talking in the hall, then in the room across the hall then they went into the room adjacent to ours. I thought they'd settle down in a few minutes but noooo.... their baby started crying and crying! Instead of trying to soothe the baby they seemed to want to play with the baby. Loudly, if course. I phoned the front desk and he said he'd phone them. I don't believe he did because I think I would have heard it. After about 45 mins they were quiet and I got to sleep about 4:00 am. We complained at the front desk when we checked out the next morning and was told there was nothing she could do because we had prepaid. And that "there's always one bad person..." She waived the parking fee which was not in any way equivalent to a night's sleep. I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010 via mobile

I stayed at the Moda Hotel because of the historic location. I was very impressed with how they incorporated the "antique" feel of a hotel with the "funky" feel of modern comfort. The decor as you walk in is amazing and the service you receive is exactly what you should expect at anywhere you are laying your head, be it for one night or ten. Front office staff greet you with sincerity and a "homey" welcome feel. The room was so comfortable, I actually DREADED having to go back to my own! I don't plan on ever staying anywhere else, now that I have finally found my gem. I recommend this hotel to both the young, and the young at heart, as it beautifully blends the best of both worlds!

• Stayed September 2010

Been to Moda Hotel? Share your experiences!