“So Chic! comfy && cute” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moda Hotel

Save Saved
You added Moda Hotel to your Saves list
Moda Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Seymour Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 3L9, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #66 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“So Chic! comfy && cute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I went to stay at Moda for a week and it was my first time to Vancouver. The location was PERFECT ! downtown Van was only a few blocks away, a good walk to gastown too. Overall, my stay was great. Everyday I came back to my hotel room and it looked brand new ! Now, I do admit the walls are a bit thin so you can hear a little bit of hallway noise but nothing that was enough to bother us. Ohh and a greattt bed too ! Nice linens and clean bathroom.
Uva bar has greatttt drinks ! The Hotel was a great price and a good stay. I would def stay again

469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I liked the Moda Hotel, I liked it's location, I liked the attention to detail. It was a little pricey for what I got. I kind of expect breakfast included for what I paid. I had not been to Vancouver in roughly a decade and so I was not aware of the area's reputation and when I told a friend where I would be staying she blanched. But, it has all be regenerated and gentrified and if you want to be in the center of things, look no further than this comfortable hotel. Given its name obviously it wants to fashionable and so it tries hard on this level. I don't know fashion and so this is inevitably lost one me!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

This is our 3rd or 4th time staying at the Moda Hotel. Living in Seattle, we usually go to Vancouver at least 1 or more times a year. We have stayed at many hotels in Vancouver ranging from 3-5 stars. Currently Moda is our very favorite. The Moda is a great little boutique hotel in a great location. Just a few block away from Robson street shop, Yaletown, Chinatown or Gastown. As always we spent part of the evenings at UVA sipping one of their fantastic cocktails, it is great to have such a chic bar with great handcrafted cocktails just downstairs. The bartender at UVA was, as always helpful, friendly and gave a laundry list of other great bars to try. We had lunch /snack at Red Card there we also found a great atmosphere and good food.
The hotel rooms are small, but clean and stylish. The rates are usually relatively cheap compared to other hotels in the same class. Probably can’t do better for price, location and amenities.

Room Tip: Have a drink at UVA
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
ModaHotel, General Manager at Moda Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and choosing Moda Hotel for your Vancouver get away. We are very happy that you keep enjoying our friendly service, location, and amenities.

All of us here at Moda are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Love from all of us here at Moda,

toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011 via mobile

Great value and location.

Friendly staff and very clean room.

Located in the heart of downtown and there is a Starbucks next to hotel.

Room size is not large but functional. Nice decor and LCD tv with lots of channels.

FREE INTERNET.

• Stayed April 2011
Surrey, British Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to stay over night in Vancouver after our flight back from San Franscisco before we headed home to Langley. He was suffering from really bad allergies on the night we stayed, Philipe from the front desk was amazing. He went from room to room with us to so we could have a room that didn't have fumes from the recent renovation he gave us the perfect room, brought up new keys and an usb cable for our laptop!! Amazing I have stayed at 5star hotels and I had the best experience here, even if the hotel was 3 star!! WOW!!

Room Tip: Be authentic and treat people kindly!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

The room was in a great location. We were able to walk all over the city. The bed was really comfy - the soap in the room was fabulous. If they had room service, it would have been perfect. This hotel would not be good if you want peace and quiet. At about 3AM, there was a "drunk driver" bust right outside of our window. We had just gotten home ourselves (walking, not driving!), and it was pure entertainment to watch. I probably would have been annoyed if I had been sleeping, but it was a great place to crash if you want to go out in downtown Vancouver.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

After reading all of the negative reviews about the loud noise, my wife and I took a gamble with this place. We honestly were sold with the special package for Washington state residents ($99/night with free parking in a secure, gated garage...not bad!). We were reassured by the staff that sound proofing would be completed by the time of our arrival. Regardless, we packed our ear plugs just to be safe.

I have to say, we were pleasantly surprised. We were in a corner room on the third floor. The street noise was barely audible. You do get some noise from the hallway, but it was mostly negligible. The room was clean and well decorated. The bed was nice and firm with comfy pillows. The sheets were a bit stiff, but we got used to them pretty quickly. The bathroom was well stocked with Skoah products, a local (~5-7 min walk) Vancouver body care shop. A DVD player would be a nice touch. I also wish there was a micro/fridge combo for all of our wonderful leftovers.

The staff was pleasant and very accommodating. They gladly held our bags and extended our free parking for several more hours after check out. Big brownie points in my opinion.

The location can't be beat. You are in very close proximity to any number of bars, clubs, shops, and restaurants. We took a few Frommer walking tours and they all started within a few blocks from the hotel. Don't bother with the overpriced restaurants located on the street level of the hotel. There are much better places nearby.

Next time we're in Vancouver, we'll definitely consider staying here again. Bravo, Moda Hotel!

Room Tip: ask for a corner room...better ambient light
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Moda Hotel? Share your experiences!