“Great Hotel & Staff! Great Location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Horizon Hotel

You added Blue Horizon Hotel to your Saves list
Blue Horizon Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1225 Robson Street | Downtown, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 1C3, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
Best Rates
Ranked #27 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great Hotel & Staff! Great Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

It is great value for money! The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel looks a little dated but you get a great view of the bay and there are great restaurants just across the road. Highly recommend the Chinese restaurant Chongqing next to the Samsonite store. There is also Breka on the corner of Bute and Robson Street which is a fantastic 24 hour bakery! Would definitely stay in Blue Horizon again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
bcchik
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Maybe it's because I insulted the person at check-in by commenting that the hotel wasn't my first choice, but I think I must have been given the worst room in the hotel. When I stepped out of the elevator, I was facing directly at my room door. My coworker was gicen a room with a bit of a water view, while mine faced the noisy street. I saw rooftops and parking lots. The standard room is very basic - no mini-fridge, no bottled water, no ipod docking, etc. At least it was clean and somewhat newly decorated. Despite my initial interaction, the staff were friendly (but then, when aren't they, since they live off tips?). It was cheap, though, so I guess I can't complain too much. If I wanted all the frills, I could have paid the extra and stayed somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't face Robson Street
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
BlueHorizonVancouver, Front Office Manager at Blue Horizon Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear bccik,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased you found our hotel to have friendly staff, good location, clean rooms and great value.

We wish we had the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you while you were here.

Our February order for iPod docking stations / radios has recently arrived and we are busy programming the devices and placing them in our guest rooms, this will be complete by mid-May. All of our guest rooms have amenities such as fluffy bathrobes, in-room safe large enough for a lap top computer, movies on demand, Keurig coffee brewer, kettle and a mini fridge discretely located in a cupboard under the coffee station. All guestrooms have double glazed windows to neutralize the outside city sounds.

Each floor has only eight guestrooms, so no long corridors from the elevators. All of our rooms are corner rooms with a balcony and windows on two walls. While our standard rooms are on lower floors, our superior rooms offer fabulous city, water or mountain views for only a few dollars more - great value.

Our friendly Guest Service Agents are ready and willing to answer any questions or concerns and to assure our guests an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We chose the Blue Horizon on trip advisor based on price and rating. We were more than impressed with our stay. We were there for one night and our room was great. The rooms are large and had windows on one and a half walls. There was a small balcony where we could go out and see the city. It is in the best part of town and close to everything. It is not a chain hotel so we were a little skeptical but once we went through the city we realized the usual hotels were in bad parts of town. I would stay here the next time I go to Vancouver. The only downfall to this hotel was parking with a large vehicle. We had a GMC Yukon and it didn't quite fit in the parking garage. If you stay here you will be close to shopping, food and the convention center. The Bellman Oliver was awesome also! He helped us with our bags and then made sure they were stored and secure until we returned. He was very personable and so willing to help. The elevator has funny pictures of an old lady also.

Stayed April 2014
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I recently had the extreme pleasure of spending one week at this hotel for a very busy business trip. When you arrive at this hotel you will be greeted by smiling front-desk staff. The front-desk manager Paul is such a caring man, it is so evident he genuinely loves his work and is so suited to his chosen profession. An amazing group of people are working for the Blue Horizon Hotel! I was very early arriving due to my flight time, and they not only stored my bags, but moved my check in time up without hesitation. I had chosen the location of this hotel due to it's close proximity to first-class shopping, restaurants, grocery, entertainment...and most importantly for my stay the convention centre at the waterfront was a short walk....Traveling for business or pleasure, I prefer a location in an area such as this versus staying at a convention centre hotel, because a city centre location offers the city at your doorstep without the need for a car. When I checked into my room, I was absolutely stunned...It was on the 20th floor facing the harbour and I have no words to describe how beautiful the view was...the sun coming up in the morning, and the sun setting at night...just breathtaking. The amount of windows in my room and the walkout balcony made this room one that I actually hated leaving everyday!! Not to mention I was genuinely saddened leaving the hotel when my week was complete. The food and beverage staff are equally as fantastic as the front-desk staff. They are friendly, caring, prompt and efficient. I have absolutely nothing to complain about regarding the restaurant, and I am really a tough critic. The food that I ordered was terrific and the location of the restaurant offers inside and outside (patio) dining and a great feel for Robson Street and the entire Vancouver experience. I cannot comment too much from first-hand experience regarding the housekeeping staff as I try to conserve environmental resources particularly during hotel stays. So I did not use the housekeeping services at all during my stay other than to request a couple of supplies, which were delivered very promptly by another smiling staff member. I cannot wait to return to the Blue Horizon Hotel, and next time I am hoping it will be a pleasure only trip so that I can have the opportunity to experience all that Vancouver and this amazing hotel has to offer.

Room Tip: A room or suite on a higher floor will offer you amazing views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Wonderful hotel, great location, good value and friendly service. Free shuttle in front to Capilano Suspension Bridge. The room was very spacious but the bathroom was small (although bigger than many places we've stayed).

Negatives
Not enough lighting (ceiling).
Parking is an additional charge ($16/day) in a small lot with tight spaces.

Suggestions
Need curved shower rods.
A throw blanket for sitting in the chair.

If we were ever to return to Vancouver, we would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Located in the centre of the main commercial street in Vancouver, the Blue Horizon is convenient to many attractions. An avid walker, I enjoy the easy access to the waterside and Stanley Park. The hotel has rather small elevators and narrow corridors, but more than makes up for that with the spacious rooms. I've stayed there several times and every room I've been in has nice views, including balconies. The rooms are nicely furnished and kept very clean.

Meeting rooms on the top floor have spectacular views and are well equipped, though the last one we used never got warm on an early spring day, even though we had pushed the thermostat up as high as it would go,

Staff are very responsive to any request for help I've ever made. I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I found this hotel and my family was delighted! The room was spacious with two comfortable queen beds, Keurig coffee maker and mini fridge. It was very clean and comfortable. I couldn't believe how affordable this beautiful hotel was! It was a better deal than hotels in Washington during our spring break, which worked out great because restaurants are a bit pricier in Vancouver. We were right on Robson street and enjoyed walking up and down the street anytime of day. There was an abundance of great restaurants and shopping right around the hotel. It was hustle/bustle, but we felt perfectly safe and comfortable. Everyone is so polite and nice! Park your car in the hotel's parking garage and walk! It was great.

Room Tip: We were on the 21st floor, included a balcony! What a view of the city! Very quiet room and quiet...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Blue Horizon Hotel? Share your experiences!