“most generous hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Vancouver

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Vancouver to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Vancouver
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   718 Drake Street (at Granville), Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2W6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #38 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
“most generous hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the most caring about your personal needs without having to ask! I had an especially welcoming experience with Anita Doan at the front desk as she provided information about the places she knew we were visiting and had an overall great personality. there were so many great aspects towards my stay at the Best Western Plus but my favorite had to be the free bike rentals, not the mention Sheldon, the amazing shuttle driver who also had plenty of information to offer.

• Stayed January 2014
BWDT, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Vancouver, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear speakwhale,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your time in Vancouver. It is always excellent to receive this feedback so that we can continue working hard to exceed our guests’ expectations. I am happy that you were also able to take advantage of some of our complimentary hotel amenities, including our guest bicycle service and complimentary Downtown Vancouver shuttle bus drop-off service. I will be sure to share your comments with our team as I am they will be delighted.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and Vancouver soon.

Shannon Gu +Hotel Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Purchased the hotel through Priceline, decent sized room for just myself. Received a King Size bed which was exactly what I wanted so in general I was quite happy with the stay. Wifi was consistent and the location of the hotel was far away from the noise of Granville street. Would recommend as one of the better 3 star hotels in Downtown Vancouver.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear ewales,

Thank you for your choice in choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear that you found your stay with us to be of great value. We offer complimentary high-speed wireless internet access to all of our guests to stay connected and was delighted that you were able to take advantage of it. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Sapiranga, RS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Quiet near from Granville Island, we recomend go walking by the bridge and you'll have a great picture of the city and also get the Public Market. The restaurant is very good for dinner, "White Spot" is a legend of BC! But for the breakfast you can only choose an option of the "menu", we thought it would be a buffet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RogerMarmitt from Sapiranga, RS,

Thank you for your choice in staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to
that you enjoyed our convenient location in Downtown Vancouver and Granville Island. I am also thrilled to learn that you also enjoyed our on-site White Spot Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and Vancouver soon!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Room was big and clean (King bed). Great service, got an hour late checkout on asking. Convenient location, however it is not very close to waterfront. Paid parking as everywhere in vancouver. recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear happysi2013 from Vancouver, Canada,

Thank you for choosing to stay with. I am delighted to hear of your enjoyable experience with us, and are able to recommend us. I am happy to learn that we were able to accommodate your late check-out as well. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Shannong Gu + Hotel Team
Vernon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Good downtown Vancouver location at a reasonable price. Well kept and clean, comfy bed, good internet and TV, comfortable room temp., nice shower with lots of hot water. Quiet room. Optional bike use available (complimentary).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWDT, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Vancouver, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Helen B from Vernon, Canada,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us in Vancouver. I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience. I am happy to learn that your enjoyed your stay with us and do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and Vancouver soon.

Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel and our room was clean and quiet, which are my biggest concerns in a hotel. That said, the Internet access was below what I expect in a hotel and would impact my decision to stay here in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mark M of Victoria, Canada,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your time in Vancouver. I am delighted that you found our hotel and guest rooms to be clean and quiet. However I was dismayed to learn of your internet experience. As an added convenience and comfort, we offer complimentary high-speed wireless internet access throughout the hotel for guest use. Please rest assured that I will be following up your internet experience with my team so that it may be improved upon.

Thank you again for sharing your recent experience with us. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me, by e-mail: shannon@bestwesterndowntown.com or by phone at 604-633-4340.

Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

First thing location is very good to explore Vancouver down town and other areas of GVRD. Hotel shuttle service is also a plus several levels of underground parking available but stalls were narrow. I would highly recommend for the business trips

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mirza B from Surrey, Canada,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience, noting that your business stay with us was enjoyable. I am delighted that you are able to recommend our hotel for business stays. I am also happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary Downtown shuttle bus service, which is readily available daily for drop-offs around the Downtown area. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Shannon Gu + Hotel Team

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Vancouver? Share your experiences!