I spent 2 nights in this hotel and thought it was wonderful and extremely good value. My room and bathroom were reasonably compact but perfectly adequate in size, with attractive decor, and the amenities were good quality, including a proper kettle for making tea and coffee rather than just a coffee-making machine as US hotels tend to provide. The double bed was extremely comfortable and the room was quiet, even though it was on the corner of two busy streets and there was major construction work on the other sides. I was disappointed that the pay-movie feature on the TV wasn't working at the time, but this is a very minor matter.
All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
For meals guests can use the White Spot restaurant to which there is special access from reception, and there is a special discount if you eat lunch and dinner. I was unfamiliar with what I gather is a British Columbian chain of restaurants, but I was most impressed with the choice and quality of food and the service, so much so that I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there on both days. There are plenty of other restaurants nearby, especially on Granville Street, but none tempted me as much as the White Spot.
The hotel, which is at one end of Granville Street, is very conveniently located for many of the attractions and facilities of downtown Vancouver - the Art Gallery, for example, is a 10-15-minute walk away. It is no more than about a 10-minute walk to the very attractive harbour shore, from where there are great views on a clear day. There is a stop for the SkyTrain - which I caught to go to the airport - about a 10-minute walk downhill from the hotel, but there are lots of bus stops much closer on Granville Street, making it easy to get around Vancouver by public transport.
I would definitely return to this hotel when next in Vancouver.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Downtown Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Best Western Plus Downtown Vancouver Hotel
- Best Western Vancouver
- Vancouver Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Multiple award-winning full-service hotel most with microwaves and fridges, free downtown shuttle drop offs & more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, EasyToBook, HostelWorld, Best Western, HostelBookers, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.