“Great environment, service could be improved” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar

Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar
601 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1G1, Canada (Downtown)
(604) 678-8000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #287 of 2,846 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Seymour - Waterfront Station
Transit: Rogue is conveniently located at Waterfront Station where you may arrive via skytrain, seabus, bus, west coast express or harbour air.
Description: Every day funk is what going Rogue is all about. Crazy tall light fixtures and walls that glow set against sand-blasted brick and well-worn hardwood floors. Menu-wise, going Rogue means doing things in the kitchen others said couldn't be done. Like a completely fresh burger served medium-rare to make it the juiciest and best tasting in town. Or corn-dogs your not supposed to want but secretly crave. Going Rogue means your horizons are greater than the "usual suspects" of chain restaurants. Rogue gives it's customer an eclectic enough offering of food and surroundings, that they can feel and be themselves. You can go Rogue when you're slumming, you can go Rogue when you need to impress. You can go Rogue with a date, your mates or with your boss. Best of all, you can afford to go Rogue every day of the week. Need a stiff drink and tasty meal to get you through your daily grind and have enough left over to do it all again tomorrow? Go Rogue.
British Columbia, Canada
“Great environment, service could be improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Been here a couple of times with friends and I love the atmosphere. Nice decor, clean tables, perfect lighting (not so dark that you feel like falling asleep)

Pretty casual dress code - in the summer it's nice to sit outside and people watch while you eat and enjoy the sunshine.

I have tried the following:

Coconut Chicken Salad - flavourful and fresh

Spicy Tiger Prawns Pesto Pizza - I'm a mild spice kind of girl so this one was a little spicy for me, no complaints though because I knew I was ordering a spicy item. Pretty interesting combo and a variety of cheeses

Sourdough Turkey Sandwich - I loved this one, the cranberry sourdough gives you that nice sweet and savoury mix. definitely more than enough for one person I ended up sharing with my boyfriend.

I love their fishbowl sangrias; the straws are huge and the bowl is huge-er? haha I have a picture in my photos of it.

Service is pretty good here, they're pretty attentive. I've never had an above and beyond experience though but I would say much better than your average "bar". The food is definitely better than typical bar food.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Red Deer, Canada
“Unbelievable food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

It was our first time to Rogue. We went for supper there after a day of touring around Vancouver. We had a great experience here. We were well taken care of by the wait staff . . . actually several people helped us as our waitress fainted! Having a gluten sensitivity, I had several amazing options to pick from (something I'm not used to!) and was quite pleased with the Cod selection I made. It was incredible! My husband ordered the blackberry maple salmon and was equally impressed. We both were impressed with the quality of food. Should you go here? Yes! Just a quick mention about the aesthetics . . . gorgeous decor! Very impressive lighting, and wonderful atmosphere. I highly recommend Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Good appies and great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Gastown location. Lettuce wraps and the mac and lobster balls were delicious. It was a Friday night and the place was packed, but we had great service throughout the evening. It was a little noisy, but that kind of goes with the territory. We'll definitely visit again.

Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Greeted with a friendly smile. Hostess went out of her way to find me a table outside. Wait staff was friendly and attentive. Delicious Caesar and good happy hour specials.

Definitely worth a visit!

Vancouver, Canada
“Arrogant Bar Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Just nipped into this bar as we waited for the seabus. Ordered a Bellini and a Whisky Sour as we only wanted a wee drink while we waited. The bellini arrived as per usual for bellinis here in Vancouver, loads of syrup, masses of crushed ice and a dash of fizz! Whisky sours are one of my favourite drinks as i like the punch you get from the whisky, that's the overriding taste (hence the name). First thing i noticed was the bar tender asking his pal how to make it so i was alert from the off, it then arrived with a lime wedge which i hadn't seen before but seeing as I'm in a new city i thought id persevere. I couldn't taste any whisky at all and my fiancee who is adverse to the taste of whisky couldn't taste any either. I politely and quietly asked the bar man if he had remembered the whisky, he promised he'd put an extra half shot in! I still wasn't convinced so asked him to try it at which point he took the huff and aggressively removed my drink. He became very argumentative and made me feel embarrassed and unwelcome, so we left. His attitude through the whole event was appalling and he immediately went on the defensive when i tried as politely as possible to ask him to check the drink.
Real shame!