“Peppery mussels, average steak” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #127 of 2,779 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Food is delicious; prices are reasonable for seafood; only about 2 months old. Chef was from The Cannery. I'm a very happy customer who wants them listed.
Hafnarfjordur, Iceland
“Peppery mussels, average steak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had the San Francisco style mussels for a starter. It was a bit too peppery and also a bit salty. Wasn't in the mood for more seafood so I ordered the Aged Alberta Tenderloin. I've had so much better Alberta beef. I was probably only unlucky with the steak but there wasn't much taste. And it was no 10 oz chunk. No way.

Visited May 2013

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had the fish of the day - halibut- and it was fantastic. The dish was a bit pricey, but it was a big portion.

• Visited May 2013
“Best seafood ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant served the greatest seafood. Every single dish was excellent. I can't wait for my next trip to Vancouver.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Great Seafood where you wouldn't expect to find it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Came here for my birthday on a Monday night. The place was empty but from the reviews, I still had high expectations for the food... and... they were met!
The appies and meals were delicious all across the table! Our group of 6 had nothing but high praise for the food which was presented beautifully. Our waiter (named "Teddybear" - Yes, check the receipt!) was awesome. He was attentive, friendly, and very knowledgeable. The chef even came out to check on us and chat after our meal. Granted... there were no other customers, but it was still a nice gesture.
The only 'complaint' I had was that the décor doesn't fit the restaurant's menu, staff, or price point. It's a pretty small complaint given how much I enjoyed my meal.
Will be back next time I'm looking for some good seafood and don't feel like travelling downtown. =P

• Visited April 2013
Vernon, Canada
“new location for a great chef !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have visited this restaurant 3 times since chef opened up after the closing of the well known waterfront restaurant in Vancouver. The decor is not quite as fancy but very pleasant with a nice atmosphere. The food here is absolutely amazing & I can't imagine anyone being disappointed.
I always order the Black Alaskan Cod (hard to find on any menu ) It is out of this world. This man is simply put, an artist were food is concerned. Service is also top notch. On weekends I would advise reservations. A fine dining experience not to be missed. Average price around $25.00 - $ 35.00 - worth every penny. Also, Lobster Bisque heavenly !!!!

• Visited November 2012