“Great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #132 of 2,805 restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Food is delicious; prices are reasonable for seafood; only about 2 months old. Chef was from The Cannery. I'm a very happy customer who wants them listed.
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I had the fish of the day - halibut- and it was fantastic. The dish was a bit pricey, but it was a big portion.

• Visited May 2013

91% Recommend
“Best seafood ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant served the greatest seafood. Every single dish was excellent. I can't wait for my next trip to Vancouver.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Great Seafood where you wouldn't expect to find it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Came here for my birthday on a Monday night. The place was empty but from the reviews, I still had high expectations for the food... and... they were met!
The appies and meals were delicious all across the table! Our group of 6 had nothing but high praise for the food which was presented beautifully. Our waiter (named "Teddybear" - Yes, check the receipt!) was awesome. He was attentive, friendly, and very knowledgeable. The chef even came out to check on us and chat after our meal. Granted... there were no other customers, but it was still a nice gesture.
The only 'complaint' I had was that the décor doesn't fit the restaurant's menu, staff, or price point. It's a pretty small complaint given how much I enjoyed my meal.
Will be back next time I'm looking for some good seafood and don't feel like travelling downtown. =P

• Visited April 2013
Vernon, Canada
“new location for a great chef !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have visited this restaurant 3 times since chef opened up after the closing of the well known waterfront restaurant in Vancouver. The decor is not quite as fancy but very pleasant with a nice atmosphere. The food here is absolutely amazing & I can't imagine anyone being disappointed.
I always order the Black Alaskan Cod (hard to find on any menu ) It is out of this world. This man is simply put, an artist were food is concerned. Service is also top notch. On weekends I would advise reservations. A fine dining experience not to be missed. Average price around $25.00 - $ 35.00 - worth every penny. Also, Lobster Bisque heavenly !!!!

• Visited November 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Great food, great service and just a real nice place to dine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

What a find! We were looking for somewhere out of the downtown core to eat, some place besides the big chain restaurants, someplace that was good and that was "local". We tried The Pink Peppercorn and we are very glad we did. Before we arrived we didn't realize that there was a linkage to the now gone Cannery Restaurant. The food may be somewhat similar to that of The Cannery but The Pink Peppercorn certainly deserves merit on its own. So .... 4 items:
1. The setting. I call it a hole in the wall Kingsway restaurant. Nautical themed setting that is nothing to write home about but the linens, cutlery, dishes and glasses were spotless which I do appreciate.
2. The service. Nothing less than EXCELLENT!. Our server, Matador, knew his business and his menu. He was friendly, engaging and not at all overbearing or imposing in any way. And not once did he ask us "so, how are the first bites for you tonight?" which is what we get asked at every single chain restaurant these days.
3. The food. Just fantastic! One thing I really appreciate in a restaurant is food served hot. I know that hot food hasn't been sitting around cooling off for a while and at The Pink Peppercorn Matador served our food hot. Kudos to the chef and to our server for getting our meals in front of us right off the stove. Clams and mussels for an appetizer and smoked black cod for my main. Had I had the 'big one' after that meal I would have died a happy man. How do they possibly cook the black cod to such moist, tender, flavorful perfection?
4. Value for money. Meal wasn't inexpensive but as black cod is on the market for the same price as gold this wasn't unexpected. Value for money ..... yes.

Thanks to Matador, the Chef and all at The Pink Peppercorn for a most enjoyable meal. I'm going back for more.

• Visited April 2013