“Great food, great service and just a real nice place to dine.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #179 of 3,032 Restaurants in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Food is delicious; prices are reasonable for seafood; only about 2 months old. Chef was from The Cannery. I'm a very happy customer who wants them listed.
Vancouver, Canada
“Great food, great service and just a real nice place to dine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

What a find! We were looking for somewhere out of the downtown core to eat, some place besides the big chain restaurants, someplace that was good and that was "local". We tried The Pink Peppercorn and we are very glad we did. Before we arrived we didn't realize that there was a linkage to the now gone Cannery Restaurant. The food may be somewhat similar to that of The Cannery but The Pink Peppercorn certainly deserves merit on its own. So .... 4 items:
1. The setting. I call it a hole in the wall Kingsway restaurant. Nautical themed setting that is nothing to write home about but the linens, cutlery, dishes and glasses were spotless which I do appreciate.
2. The service. Nothing less than EXCELLENT!. Our server, Matador, knew his business and his menu. He was friendly, engaging and not at all overbearing or imposing in any way. And not once did he ask us "so, how are the first bites for you tonight?" which is what we get asked at every single chain restaurant these days.
3. The food. Just fantastic! One thing I really appreciate in a restaurant is food served hot. I know that hot food hasn't been sitting around cooling off for a while and at The Pink Peppercorn Matador served our food hot. Kudos to the chef and to our server for getting our meals in front of us right off the stove. Clams and mussels for an appetizer and smoked black cod for my main. Had I had the 'big one' after that meal I would have died a happy man. How do they possibly cook the black cod to such moist, tender, flavorful perfection?
4. Value for money. Meal wasn't inexpensive but as black cod is on the market for the same price as gold this wasn't unexpected. Value for money ..... yes.

Thanks to Matador, the Chef and all at The Pink Peppercorn for a most enjoyable meal. I'm going back for more.

• Visited April 2013

Vancouver Island, BC
“Best seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

About the best seafood I have had anywhere. Understated shopfront location on Kingsway and King Edward, off the beaten track, run by refugees from late lamented Cannery in the docks, now closed. Large photograph taken from Cannery waterfront covers one wall, nicely nostalgic. Maintaining their standards and many recipe favourites. Lobster bisque and Salmon Wellington both highly rated, rich, and justify higher prices for Vancouver, but modest by international standards they match. Owner chef Eddie appears frequently in the comfortable room with clubroom feel, knows many customers. Service efficient and all the small points met. Food is quite elaborate, beautifully presented, and done with deft lightness.

Vancouver, Canada
“Fishylicious Crisp linens, delectable sea food dishes and a wonderful dessert menu make this place worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Probably the best Lobster Bisque in Vancouver, and you must taste the smoked black cod in lemon butter sauce... absolutely divine!
Our server was attentive and courteous and the seating was comfortable.
.The fresh bread and lobster oil/ balsamic dip with it was perfect!
It is more expensive than most restaurants at $25 to $35 for a main and we paid almost $12 for a bowl of soup..which was rich , flavorsome and robustly bursting with lobster taste. I would have preferred lobster meat in it rather than shrimp but it lost nothing with the shrimp.
The salmon wellington was huge and impressive to look at...steaks were good but one was not cooked to the requested "well done" and was medium rare.. ( we were given a token dessert and were charged full price even though the victim could only eat half of it) ...others requested medium and it was perfect. And two in our party had chicken and adored it...
I recommend this little haven of flavor for Fish lovers and special occasions!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“We had an awesome dinner with great service and excelent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Appy's were perfect
main course was excelent
Dessert was bar none
I will return with friends for sure

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canada
“Pink Peppercorn restaurant "excellent"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just came back from a visit to beautiful Vancouver. Since this was my wife's birthday and she loves salmon, I inquired about a good seafood restaurant at the front desk of my hotel.
They recommended the Pink Peppercorn restaurant which was located about 12 blocks from our hotel. As we like to walk and see different things, we got on the bus and headed south on Kingsway to the Pink Peppercorn.
well, I don't know how to describe it, but I can say that it was the best seafood i had in a very long time. I had the halibut that was served with this very special sauce, veggies, shrimps and mashed Yukon Gold potatoes that I can almost still tasting.
Of course my wife had her salmon which I also tasted.
We finihed off with a creme brule that you, travelers, have to taste and savor just so you know what I am telling you.
Overall, I'll recommend this place and I guarantee your tastebuds will want more.!!

• Visited September 2012