“Best seafood” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #126 of 2,771 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Food is delicious; prices are reasonable for seafood; only about 2 months old. Chef was from The Cannery. I'm a very happy customer who wants them listed.
Vancouver Island, BC
“Best seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

About the best seafood I have had anywhere. Understated shopfront location on Kingsway and King Edward, off the beaten track, run by refugees from late lamented Cannery in the docks, now closed. Large photograph taken from Cannery waterfront covers one wall, nicely nostalgic. Maintaining their standards and many recipe favourites. Lobster bisque and Salmon Wellington both highly rated, rich, and justify higher prices for Vancouver, but modest by international standards they match. Owner chef Eddie appears frequently in the comfortable room with clubroom feel, knows many customers. Service efficient and all the small points met. Food is quite elaborate, beautifully presented, and done with deft lightness.

Vancouver, Canada
“Fishylicious Crisp linens, delectable sea food dishes and a wonderful dessert menu make this place worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Probably the best Lobster Bisque in Vancouver, and you must taste the smoked black cod in lemon butter sauce... absolutely divine!
Our server was attentive and courteous and the seating was comfortable.
.The fresh bread and lobster oil/ balsamic dip with it was perfect!
It is more expensive than most restaurants at $25 to $35 for a main and we paid almost $12 for a bowl of soup..which was rich , flavorsome and robustly bursting with lobster taste. I would have preferred lobster meat in it rather than shrimp but it lost nothing with the shrimp.
The salmon wellington was huge and impressive to look at...steaks were good but one was not cooked to the requested "well done" and was medium rare.. ( we were given a token dessert and were charged full price even though the victim could only eat half of it) ...others requested medium and it was perfect. And two in our party had chicken and adored it...
I recommend this little haven of flavor for Fish lovers and special occasions!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“We had an awesome dinner with great service and excelent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Appy's were perfect
main course was excelent
Dessert was bar none
I will return with friends for sure

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canada
“Pink Peppercorn restaurant "excellent"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just came back from a visit to beautiful Vancouver. Since this was my wife's birthday and she loves salmon, I inquired about a good seafood restaurant at the front desk of my hotel.
They recommended the Pink Peppercorn restaurant which was located about 12 blocks from our hotel. As we like to walk and see different things, we got on the bus and headed south on Kingsway to the Pink Peppercorn.
well, I don't know how to describe it, but I can say that it was the best seafood i had in a very long time. I had the halibut that was served with this very special sauce, veggies, shrimps and mashed Yukon Gold potatoes that I can almost still tasting.
Of course my wife had her salmon which I also tasted.
We finihed off with a creme brule that you, travelers, have to taste and savor just so you know what I am telling you.
Overall, I'll recommend this place and I guarantee your tastebuds will want more.!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Vancouver, Canada
“If you liked the Cannery, you'll LOVE Pink Peppercorn for the food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

For anyone who knows me, I'm a "foodie" at heart. Some of my favourite restaurants include: Vij's, Tojo's, Cioppinos, Hawskworth, Rim Rock Cafe in Whistler. This helps qualify my review for those of you who are also foodies. I went to the Cannery as a kid of my birthdays or for other special occasions and always loved the view which Pink Peppercorn does not have. However, the food is just as impressive as Eddy IS the daytime chef from the Cannery. The best part of it is he saved up every dime to open up this restaurant and runs it with his family trying to give his kids a great education and life - a very admirable thing to do.

But I know you're not eating there for charity, but this IS the original Cannery menu - maybe with less fancy plating but the servers are from the Cannery and they are so happy and pleasant and really love what they do, the drinks are reasonable (have the Caesar as there is fresh prawns on it!) and the food is top notch. If you're expecting fancy and pretentious, this ISN'T the place for you. If you just want want unbelievably rich lobster bisque, a perfectly balanced trio of tartare (scallops, salmon and tuna) and a Salmon Wellington that melts in your mouth with mashed potatoes that have no shortage of cream or butter (yummmm!), GO NOW! I'm a big fan and have been going for awhile now, but I highly advise give it a try. We had a 3 course meal with a drink for under $100!

• Visited August 2012