“Exciting and Delicious” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salmon n' Bannock

Salmon n' Bannock
7-1128 W. Broadway, Vancouver, British Columbia V6H1G5, Canada (Fairview)
+1 604-568-8971
Cuisines: Native American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Fairview
Description: We are Vancouver's only full service First Nations restaurant open year round. We are located on the ancestral Coast Salish territories where the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil Waututh people meet. We specialize in wild fish and game. We bake our bannock in our kitchen everyday. We feature culinary delights inspired from a variety of First Nations traditions, but presented in a modern and way. Our space is small and cozy. We typically have 26 seats available. We highly recommend calling us to make a reservation. We accept group booking and can accommodate up to 36 guests in one seating. All are welcome and we look forward to meeting you. Hy ch' qa! Thank you! Salmon n' Bannock Bistro
London, UK
“Exciting and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

What a wonderful meal we had last might at this excellent and exciting restaurant. The food and wine was all local, fresh and Native Canadian Indian. This was a big family get together and we could not have asked for better food or service.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“A humble yet awesome restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Don't be fooled by this very simple decorated restaurant. The food and its presentation is extraordinary, and the taste is fantastic. Try the musk ox soup and appetizer. Yummy!

Vancouver, Canada
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

The food at Salmon n' Bannock is excellent! We had the game platter to start, which was incredible! The musk ox was phenomenal!!! We then had the bison and the elk. Both were exceptional. The elk just melted in your mouth. The wild rice risotto was my husband's favourite thing. He devoured it!!! For dessert we had bannock bread pudding and pie; again it was great. And the prices are very reasonable. The atmosphere is perfect because it isn't pretentious. The service was also amazing. We will go back for sure!!!

Palisade, Colorado
“A Native American Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The food here is from local and American Indian (Russel Means says that anyone born in America is a Native American, and that he is an American Indian) sources. I had the salmon salad which was the best I have ever eaten. There was some mushrooms on toast with a sauce that was too good to describe. The décor was on the rustic side. The service was great; what you would expect from Canadians. They gave my dog water without my asking. Vancouver Island must be one of the most beautiful places in the world. It was expensive, but it seems that all places are on the expensive side here.

• Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“a wonderful, unpretentious restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I really miss Lilliget Feast House (formerly on Davie near Denman, closed for years now) and was heartbroken when they closed, so I was so happy when I saw Salmon 'n' Bannock open a couple of years ago. Though S'n'B doesn't have the atmosphere (or my favourite waiter), it still earns it's 5 stars. I highly recommend the deer stew and the game platter sampler. I wish they had some sort of feast platter, like Lilliget did, but it's not fair of me to keep comparing them. The service I have received at S'n'B has always been fantastic and I like the all Nk'Mip wine list (though the whites are more consistent than the reds, as is true with most BC wine). Overall, a wonderful, unpretentious restaurant that has never failed to make me full and happy.

• Visited October 2013