“The best place in Vancouver to eat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salmon n' Bannock

Salmon n' Bannock
7-1128 W. Broadway, Vancouver, British Columbia V6H1G5, Canada (Fairview)
+1 604-568-8971
Cuisines: Native American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fairview
Description: We are Vancouver's only full service First Nations restaurant open year round. We are located on the ancestral Coast Salish territories where the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil Waututh people meet. We specialize in wild fish and game. We bake our bannock in our kitchen everyday. We feature culinary delights inspired from a variety of First Nations traditions, but presented in a modern and way. Our space is small and cozy. We typically have 26 seats available. We highly recommend calling us to make a reservation. We accept group booking and can accommodate up to 36 guests in one seating. All are welcome and we look forward to meeting you. Hy ch' qa! Thank you! Salmon n' Bannock Bistro
Vancouver
“The best place in Vancouver to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Every meal ordered is so delicious and appealing, and the staff always give good service, my son took me there in December and we had a pleasant experience, I also order catering from Salmon and Bannock for work meeting, always satisfied with the servings and menu ;)

• Visited December 2012

Vancouver, Canada
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

There is never a bad time to go to Salmon n Bannock. All of their food is amazing but the owner is more amazing! More people have to go here. Each time I go there is barely anyone in there. It's like a secret in the city. We had our work Christmas party there last year and it was a great space for it, they also do catering. Everyone is always intrigued by the First Nations culture but you should know the food isn't much different, it's just good meat and potatoes --done up nicely. Bring a guest from out of town here and I can say for certain they'll love it.

• Visited March 2013
Calgary
“First Native Food Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Though there are definitely some things that can be improved, I am giving Salmon 'n Bannock five stars nonetheless as it needs to be experienced to be appreciated.

BEST PARTS:

- Atmosphere is cozy and lighting and colours are subdued, waitress/owner is delightfully mellow and warm in her interactions. She makes you feel as though you are a guest in her home. Their mellow jazz music completes their relaxed and interesting vibe.

- Authentic Native-inspired cuisine. How many chances do you get to try this? The game and seafood platter appetizers were subtle and interesting. My favorite main was the Salmon burger. I have ever had a better one nor do I ever expect to eat a better one in my life. Next time hopefully someone at my table will try the deer shank as it looked delicious arriving at the other tables. Berry pie with ice cream for dessert was an excellent finish.

SOME ROOM TO IMPROVE:

- Salad component was respectable and fresh but a little bland for my taste. Would like to know if they could add a touch of zing to this and yet still stay authentic. According to my friends, their bison burger was tasty but indistinguishable from beef.

OVERALL:

I would recommend that anyone try it. I will definitely return. The atmosphere is warm and cozy. The food is interesting and tasty. These aspects, along with the lovely manner of the owner/server are such that you will leave feeling warmed up inside, Be sure to reserve.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“An adventure for you palate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and looking for something new to try. The is a great restaurant. We tried the Hunter sample which had 5 new things on it we hadn't tried including muskox. For dinner he had the halibut which was excellent and I had the bison burger which was the best bison burger I had ever had. For dessert we had the bannock and cranberry bread pudding which was probably the low of the meal but still good. Overall, we thought it was the best food we had had in a while and it also satisfied our adventurous palates. Make sure to make reservation as seating is limited.

• Visited January 2013
Williams Lake, Canada
“Great Hospitality - Salmon Burger is Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Warm and Inviting hospitality. They recommended the Salmon Burger on my first visit a few months ago and this trip I treated friends...and they enjoyed as well. Looking forward to my next trip south to try out some other menu items...

• Visited January 2013