“The best B&B I have ever stayed - Truly five star stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bee & Thistle Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vancouver
Bee & Thistle Guest House
You added Bee & Thistle Guest House to your Saves list
1842 Parker Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V5L 2K9, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 63 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Hillsboro, Oregon
“The best B&B I have ever stayed - Truly five star stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I wanted to celebrate my wedding anniversary in Vancouver and was looking for a best place to celebrate without feeling away from home.

After doing lot of research on hotels and B&B's in Vancouver, I was convinced to stay at Bee and Thistle.

I had lot of expectations before landing there and guest house beat my expectations.

Lynn and Micheal are very friendly. Lynn was very kind to accept my request to buy a cake for me on my wedding anniversary to surprise my wife.

Lynn upgraded my room to a larger room for no additional cost after she came to know that we are going to celebrate our wedding anniversary, that tells the loving nature of sweet couple (Lynn and Micheal).

We enjoyed the night sleep and the next day we got up to have the breakfast and I cannot tell how tasty the breakfast was. That's the best breakfast that I can ever imagine.

Lynn and Micheal were so helpful in providing the full list of places to see in and around Vancouver. we even got the color printouts of the places to see with google maps.

After coming back to the guest house in the evening, we were surprised to see a wine bottle in our room and some cookies. This was my best wedding anniversary celebration after my home.

I would highly recommend this place who are looking for some lovely place to stay.

Thank you Lynn and Michael.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our Lions Den room was perfect in every way - the most comfortable bed ever with luxurious sheets that provided the perfect sleeping temperature and coziness, heated floor in the bathroom, kitchen, and a gorgeous view of the mountains and of the city through our private balcony, use of laundry was available if we needed it, drinks and snacks were available in the fridge in our kitchen, wifi and notebook, travel pamphlets and dining guides, home baked fresh cookies every night, and a bottle of chilled champagne as it was our 13th year wedding anniversary. Local natural artisan handmade soaps smelled wonderful and every little detail in the room and the house was just beautiful. Even more memorable were the fantastic breakfasts that Lynn made every morning - they were just amazingly delicious! Lynn and Michael were excellent hosts - they made us feel so welcome in an intimate setting, yet provided us the perfect balance of privacy that we wanted. It was just an amazing bed and breakfast. We would pass a five star hotel and book Lynn and Michael's Bee & Thistle if we are in Vancouver again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We love Bed and Breakfasts and Bee & Thistle is the ultimate comfort experience. Mike and Christine are so heartfelt. Mike even picked us up at the train station and brought us there . We got the Ivy Room which has king size bed, armoire, even a laptop flat screen tv and heated bathroom floors with its own balcony and the mountains can be enjoyed under the stars right in front of the suite.! The first night huge cookies are left on a plate along with a typed personalized menu and weather report and information for the next day which is presented in a folder. The breakfasts are like being at a 5 star restaurant. There is a small dining room with several tables set with freshly cut flowers and candles .They even have a friend who makes them specialty soaps for the guests. I feel like when we left we had made new friends. I cannot wait to recommend Bee & Thistle to my friends back home.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am a TA loyalist -- and when you see a # 1 rating for B&B's in Vancouver AND a perfect 5.0 score -- you know there must be something very right and very special about this place.
The Bee & Thistle did not disappoint. We would stay there again in a nano second and will recommend it to anyone who will listen. Lynn and Michael told us they actually rely soley on word of mouth and the web (and these great reviews on TA!)

All the photos posted of Lynn's fantastic breakfast creations tell the story far better than any words I can write down. Breakfast here is a special treat. Beyond the BED and the BREAKFAST - two key elements of a memorable stay, which the B&T handily delivers on... what made our stay so memeorable was the genuine, sincere, gracious Innkeepers. Lynn and Michael are special in their own right. It is very apparent that they really care about the comfort of their guests; yet they are careful not to intrude on your privacy. This Inn is a labor of love for them and it shows everywhere.

We had a great experience from the moment we sent our first email inquiry. Lynn responded promptly and inquired if there was anything they should know to make our stay with them as comfortable as possible... food allergies, pillow allergies, directions from the Ferry port etc.
I let them know that we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary (which coincidentally happend to be the same day day as theirs :) When we arrived, they generously upgraded us to the Ivy Room. When we returned after an all day excursion on a Sunday, they had left a bottle of wine on ice for us in our room (see photo.)

The Inn is in a great location, just 2 short blocks off Commercial Drive -- a "hipster" spot with every kind of restaurant imaginable within walking distance; we highly recommend Havana for great Cuban inspired food. There is a SkyTrain stop about a 20 minute walk if you wanted to take that into downtown Vancouver. We drove, as it's just across the river - a 5 minute drive.

If you have any hesitation about booking this B&B, know that you can believe that this property truly deserves all of the glowing reviews it receives.

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Michael said to be a B and B you need a good bed and good breakfast... And boy did they. Michael and Lynn offer the best in hospitality and accommodation. Our room (the lions den) was lovely, they made us feel really welcome by upgrading us to this room and giving us a bottle of fizz as it was our honeymoon.
The breakfast each day were different and ultra tasty, you can tell how much love goes into them. I suggested Lynn wrote a cook book. Honestly we have never had breakfast like it, even the presentation was something else.
As hosts Michael and Lynn went above and beyond to make us feel at home and suggest places to visit whilst in Vancouver. Thank you so much for a great experience and you truly deserve all the praise.

Los Ranchos, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Lynn and Michael offer the best Bs (Bed and Breakfast) we've experienced in quite some time, and we've tried many over the years between the US and England. On various review sites this B&B has one amazing review after another and after staying there we know why!

We had the opportunity to have two mornings of scrumptious breakfasts that included amazing tastes such as brandied strawberries in lace toffee cups, blackberry oatmeal muffins, eggs benny, honeydew melon ribbons with lime honey drizzle, and chorizo potato petals. Every morning since then I've been wondering what is being served to guests and wishing I was there to sample!

The room was stocked with goodies such as in-room coffee and tea, a fridge with complementary drinks and snacks, a corkscrew, free wi-fi, bath products for the soaking tub, and an awesome fireplace. Luxury sheets and duvet on the bed, along with thick yet soft towels in the bathroom, all made for a wonderful stay.

The beautiful and comfortable accommodations in both the common areas and bedrooms, and warm hospitality from the hosts add up to memories we'll always look back on with smiles. I would come back to Vancouver just to be able to visit more with Lynn and Michael and once again enjoy their fabulous B&B.

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Michael and Lynn are fantastic, softly spoken, mild mannered people with a warm and considerate attitude. Their welcome is just what is needed after a long flight or a busy day. They leave no room for improvement. The Bee and Thistle Guest House is faultless. We stayed in Florence's room and the bathroom is gorgeous. There are hand made soaps, a personalised welcome pack with the menu for the following day's outstanding breakfast, tips and advice and plenty of local knowledge. I really don't think it would be possible to find the same level of perfectionism, cleanliness and style in an expensive top class hotel. They are very reasonably priced in a great area, and you get more than value for money, you get personal service and great passion for hospitality too.

Room Tip: Florence's room has a fab bathroom