“Great place to stay in Vancouver downtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Regis Hotel

You added St. Regis Hotel to your Saves list
St. Regis Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   602 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1Y6, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Seattle
“Great place to stay in Vancouver downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We liked the place. It is in the heart of the city.
The room was quite small (for 3 of us) but then we spent most of our time outside of the room :)
Price wise - it was worth its cost with free breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Polish first
Prince George
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The St Regis hotel has some of the best service I have ever received at a hotel. I arrived at the hotel before check-in time. The clerk was very friendly and took care of my bags while I ran off to a meeting. When I arrived back at the hotel, the clerk recognized I had checked-in earlier. He called the elevator as I was walking in the front door and told me my bags had already been taken up to my room. The room was compact but nicely furnished and very well planned with an efficient use of space. It had everything I needed to feel comfortable. The bath robes, chocolates on the pillows, two bottles of water, complementary wi-fi and international calling were very nice touches as well. I also appreciated that the hotel has made a significant effort to reduce its environmental footprint. Breakfast was included with the room price (which was reasonable for downtown Vancouver). I was expecting the typical continental breakfast but was pleasantly surprised to find a full service breakfast. The food was nicely prepared and the service was prompt. Check-out went smoothly as well. All in all, my stay at St Regis was fantastic. If you are looking for a nice place to stay, with fantastic service and reasonable rates downtown Vancouver, St Regis is your answer!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was a surprising gem in the center of the city. We reserved for a night based on Trip Advisor reviews. The price was only $125 CA for the night, including a cooked breakfast, which had me a little wary when other major hotels were charging a lot more. This hotel has been completely remodeled in a modern style. Bathrooms were beautifully done too. The staff was most accommodating. The only hitch is that you have to pull your car up in front on a busy one-way street, unload luggage, get a special access card. then move the car to a nearby parking garage. A bit awkward, but the staff did offer to park the car; I did it myself. Our first room had heating problems on a cold snowy windy night. The bellman tried to fix it but when we returned from dinner several hours later, still no real heat. They moved us at no extra charge to a small suite on the same floor. Very nice. Breakfast was cooked to order and served by a waitress, not a buffet. Very nice. Perhaps the best overall factor was that the staff was falling all over themselves to be of service. We were impressed. Would I stay here again? Absolutely. Located in the heart of town with easy access to major streets, this is a wonderful bargain.

Room Tip: In winter, they say corner rooms at end of halls are hard to heat, so try to avoid. We had to get a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We agree w/ the recent excellent reviews. On a recent trip to Vancouver, my wife and I stayed at the St. Regis and we were pleased in every way. A convenient location with on-site parking and excellent service. We were very impressed.

Check-in was easy. The staff was friendly. The room was excellent, clean, and contemporary. We really liked the room here. It was one of the nicer, more contemporary rooms we've stayed in recently and we would love to stay here again. There is a bar/restaurant located conveniently on site with a great menu and good atmosphere.

The location was great. This was our first time to Vancouver and we walked everywhere. We almost always stay in contemporary, boutique-style hotels and we were very pleased with our stay here. If we every come back to Vancouver, we will certainly stay here again. We recommend the St. Regis and we're sure you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've never had much luck with hotels in Vancouver with the exception of the Fairmont at the Airport....What do i mean by that? I mean service wise...Nothing's ever really grabbed me and made me say "Wow" and whilst i had high hopes sadly this place didnt make the cut.

So it started off ok, i got into YVR from Toronto and made my way to the hotel via the Canada line, Upon disembarking at Granville i walked the 5 mins to the hotel and Ryan checked me in.....he's fantastic! A credit to the hotel, he was personable, friendly and informed me of all the hotel services etc.

Free International calls were a huge bonus especially for this Australian. I checked in on Wed Nov 7 and checked out Fri Nov 9. So i get to my room on the second floor (I think it was 203) Nice job with the renovation, Although small it has a nice bed and the bathroom is well renovated with Acca Dacca tolietries.

The lift/elevator in the building is quite small and requires your keycard to summon it...it's charming but also means a tight squeeze if theres multiple people in it.

The location is good with a Shoppers Drug Mart just across the street and within a 15 min walk of Gastown, Yaletown, Pacific Centre etc

A 7 eleven also across the road which proves handy if you need anything. Just a word of warning i did notice a couple of homeless congregating in front of it after 9pm.

That night i realise the closed window is quite thin....let's just say i could hear very clearly a conversation between a homeless guy and a girl bragging about her conquests. Maybe the hotel needs a double/triple glaze?

The next morning (8th Nov) im woken up to a fire alarm at 8am....ok these things happen.... i wake up, jump out of bed, throw on my jeans ready to evacuate and it stops.....No instructions or no mention of it for the rest of the day....An announcement to say everything was ok (which i assumed) would have been nice, I later found out an earthquake had hit Vancouver Island that morning....Not sure if it may have tripped it

I did the Grouse Mountain/Capilano Bridge tour which i highly recommend (Including the bear sanctuary) and if youre looking for eateries my favourite places are "Steamworks" in Gas Town and Yaletown has some great places too.

The morning of Fri Nov 9 i got up late got dressed and started to pack... As check out was 12pm i was ready to go but wanted to double check my room to make sure i hadnt left anything behind (as im notorious for doing so) at 12pm on the dot!!!!! The check out clerk calls me (cant remember his name) and whilst polite asks me if im checking out to which i reply "Yes" im on my way....
12:03pm....Knock on door and manager or possibly even hotel guest (I hope it wasnt another guest as i wouldnt like to be checking into an unserviced room after another guest had just departed) says to me "Oh i were told you were checking out?" to which i reply "Yes im on my way"

12:07pm im now out of the room and downstairs.......Didnt make me feel welcome and made me feel like just another number....I mean i completely understand check out is 12pm however i feel at least a 10 to 15 min leeway is reasonable and doesnt make a guest feel like the spanish inquisition is shooing them out the door.

Unfortunately this soured my opinion of this establishment.

I was able to leave my bags with them until i had to go to the airport (As i had a late flight to hawaii)

next time im in Vancouver i'll most likely look elsewhere

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
La Conner, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed at the St. Regis for two nights while visiting with family over the Holidays. Staff friendly and knowledgeable. A fresh, cooked to order breakfast each morning. Rooms clean and nicely decorated. The heated floor in the bathroom a very nice treat for cool, damp, northwest weather. A great location for shopping and sight seeing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We flew to Vancouver on our way to a Whistler ski vacation and chose St. Regis simply for the price. We were very impressed during our stay from the first minute when we were greeted by a friendly and conscientious front desk staff. The gorgeous room, extras such as free wi-fi, global phone calls, Fiji water and slippers, and the included made-to-order breakfast were more than we've received or expected in far more expensive hotels elsewhere. Had we only known about St Regis we would be staying there again on the return leg of our trip,but unfortunately they are booked. Thank you for a perfect stay!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to St. Regis Hotel? Share your experiences!