“Heavenly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wedgewood Hotel & Spa

You added Wedgewood Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Wedgewood Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   845 Hornby St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1V1, Canada (Downtown)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #5 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
New York City, New York
“Heavenly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I searched for a hotel in Vancouver where I could stay for a two day extension after a business trip for a very long time. It is a wonderful city but it isn't home to a lot of reasonably priced hotels. Wedgewood had excellent reviews everywhere it was listed (including on this website) and it was about $100 per night cheaper than similar properties. It turned out to be an excellent choice. Although not surrounded by Vancouver's natural beauty, it is in a very convenient location Downtown. The minute you walk into the lobby, the world slows down and you feel you are in an oasis of calm. The rooms are nothing short of sumptuous (mine had an incredible jacuzzi tub and a balcony). The hotel has a tiny spa, where you can book an appointment and get there early to use their lovely steam room. The staff is extremely attentive. The hotel also has a truly lovely fitness center with an outdoor patio, I have absolutely not complaints about Wedgewood except that it doesn't have a pool. Stay there!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just recently had the occasion to stay at The Wedgewood Hotel in Vancouver, BC on a business trip. Most of my colleagues were staying down the road at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. After reading the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor about this hotel, I decided to give it a try. The price was substantially lower and I felt that the rooms were Superior. I was even upgraded at no charge. Walking distance to most everything and the Canada Line metro station is only a block or so away so no taxis required getting from the airport.

Make sure that you check out the lounge in the lobby, The Bacchus. Beautiful decor and some of the best cocktails you will find. Had a Dark and Stormy (Dk Rum and Ginger Beer) and it was made with home made in house ginger beer.

Room Tip: If hotel is not full, I have heard many travelers mentioning that they usually get upgraded. But if...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our family has had the true pleasure of staying at the Wedgewood 3 times.
The service is like no other for hotels in Vancouver, and the location is perfect.
It truly is a magical, old world hotel in days where too many glass tower hotels are springing up. Even if the service level is technically matched in new hotels, you cannot match the charm and familiar nature of the Wedgewood.
The rooms have a great style, and the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept on.
Location is perfect at the foot of robson st.
The restaurant is great, having had breakfast and lunch there a few times.
To highlight how great the service truly is, I've eaten in the restaurant on a trip when I was not staying at the hotel. As I passed through the lobby on leaving the doormen remarked that he had not seen me, or my business colleagues on today's arrivals list, each of which he remembered by name. Having stayed in this hotel in 3 times, I was very impressed that there was this connection with a guest. Sadly that day I was only flying in and out of van, and look forward to my next overnight visit.

Overall an exceptional experience not to be missed in Vancouver.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I'm used to traveling alone and it doesn't make me nervous, but it occurred to me while staying at the Wedgewood how well cared for they made me feel. The room was spacious and had everything I could have wanted, including strong Wi-fi, good toiletries, and free chocolates. The staff was attentive but not overbearing. The hotel is steps from Robson Street (restaurants and shopping), the Vancouver Art Museum, and the huge Chapters bookstore. I'll almost certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Huntsville, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We arrived early and were pleasantly surprised to find our room ready for check in. Staff members were all friendly and helpful, assisting with recommendations for restaurants and activities. Excellent location, within easy walking distance to Canada Place, Granville Island, and Robson St. shops.

The room was spacious and clean. The only slightly negative comment I can make is that housekeeping was slow. On the second day our room was skipped & I had to request service around 4 pm. The rest of the days housekeeping did come but later in the afternoon. We typically leave early in the morning, are gone all day then return to shower and dress for dinner. Late housekeeping was somewhat inconvenient. However, they did do an excellent job and it was peak tourist season. Turndown service with cookies was also very nice.

All in all, a very nice hotel with an excellent location and friendly, helpful staff. I would recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived early after an Alaskan cruise and the staff at the front desk were extremely accommodating. Since our room was not ready yet, they took care of all our luggage and packages plus personally took care of a breakable item until we returned from our sightseeing. The room was extremely comfortable and to our surprise, we were sent a small box of artisan chocolates - yum! This is our second stay at the Wedgewood and we definitely will stay there on future trips to Vancouver. The bar was extremely comfortable and made a great stop after a busy day of walking around the city. Great stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by a colleague of mine, I decided to stay at the Wedgewood for the first time. Comfortable, spacious rooms with walk-in showers, a very well-equipped gym and a great steam room. Free WiFi throughout the hotel is a definite plus.

I was told that their piano Lounge is the in place in town and it sure lived up to its reputation. Colleagues from the legal field seem to also love this place, and I can see why! The surroundings are very clubby, but colourful and their martinis are some of the best I’ve ever tried. I did not eat in their restaurant, but had a quick dinner in the Lounge. The food was superb with great presentation. On my next visit, because I’ll be returning for sure, I’ll try their restaurant. It’s supposed to be a favourite with the Vancouverites!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Wedgewood Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!