“Our favorite hotel in Vancouver” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wedgewood Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Wedgewood Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Wedgewood Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   845 Hornby St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1V1, Canada (Downtown)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #7 of 96 hotels in Vancouver
“Our favorite hotel in Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for New year's Eve. What a lovely experience. The staff is the friendliest in the business and we travel a lot!
Bacchus bar is such a wonderful spot.
This hotel is a delight.

Chris and Thea Upchurch

• Stayed December 2012

609 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The Wedgewood Hotel & Spa is situated in the center of town and is convenient to wherever you want to go. The staff are outstanding and the rooms are attractive in a very English way and are very comfortable. We love the home baked cookies every evening. We can't say enough good things about the staff. They are very professional, capable and nice!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I go to Vancouver quite often on business, the last hotel I stayed at which I am not even going to waste my time in a review (it was that bad) The Sheraton Wall Center Vancouver if you must know. After a cold and miserable experience at the Sheraton I decided to change hotels in the same area, did a googlemaps search and found the Wedgewood. From my arriving at 2 a.m from the airport they had everything ready for me to just head on to my room and be comfy, the room was super warm and cozy, beautiful bathtub in the room with separated shower and toilet. They have really thought out every single detail that makes your stay away from home a wonderful one! They leave you warm cookies with a note every night, the towels where soft and nice to the touch (hotels usually have crappy sand paper like towels), they thought of every little thing like a dimmer light right in your bedside in case you want to read, to iPod dock radio alarm, you can control the TV with an iphone App if you so wish to do that. They have a balcony with nice chairs and ashtrays in case you smoke and don't want to feel like a criminal cold person standing out in the rain. The view at night was very beautiful with all the lit trees, then at breakfast throughout the week I had pistachio danishes, mmmm small and perfect! I also had a berry yogurt very nice. But my favorite one was the Canadian Salmon scrambled eggs with a latte and fresh squeezed orange juice, the salmon was just unreal, super fresh and delicious, it melted in my mouth.. Plus having the breakfast in front of the fire place just made things even better. Everyone in the staff was polite, gracious, ready to come to your needs at any given moment... And going back on the details of the room, you have lots of space to put your clothes, you can iron, you can use their ropes and slippers (super comfy), lots of light, you also have a mini kitchen where you can keep perishables in the fridge, microwave things and make yourself some hot coffee or tea. It is walking distance to a lot of good restaurants and shops, plus super close to bars in the downtown area. I am actually thinking of bringing my mom and son here since I know they will love it. I didn't use any of the Spa options though I wished I had because it looked so nice! But I did try out the fitness center, it is spacious, lots of machines, they have water and towels, and I had a really good workout. Oh yeah! They also have really neat umbrellas for you to use in your room closet since it rains quite a lot in Vancouver. Overall it was a great experience, I will stay here in all my upcoming business trips to Vancouver for sure! Hope my review helps your decision.

Room Tip: I think any room is great, but depends are you traveling alone or with Family? Are you a smoker or n...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I used to stay here when I lived out of town and always enjoyed the friendly and effecient service and the cleanliness--nowadays we like to go for drinks and appy's in the Bacchus bar-room--they make a great Martini--nice and cozy atmosphere--definitely recommend for a romantic evening--they even lent us an umbrella overnight no questions asked.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had out Company Christmas Party at the Wedgewood Hotel and I can say without a doubt, the food and service was absolutely outstanding. They catering manager came around several times to make sure all is well, the room was beautifully decorated and we had that Christmassy feeling with the fire place going and nicely decorated Christmas Tree.
I stayed over in the hotel and the room was great, bed was comfy. Turn-down service with cookies and water, and newspaper in the morning. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

From arrival to departure, this place is first class all the way. The bell men are terrific--not only with baggage but also with ehlpful suggestions for shopping, restaurants and entertainment.
The newly redesigned exercise room is a great addition to an already excellent place to relax for a few days.
When checking out recently, my daughter realized she left some jewelry in the room safe. We called the front desk(several hours after checking out) and asked if they would go to the room and see if still there. Not only did they check but they promptly mailed the jewelry to us. Thats good service.
We could not be happier

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I drove to Vancouver from Los Angeles, and this last leg of the trip was by myself. My travelling companion went AWOL so I ended up having to spend 2 days in Vancouver alone--a sad turn of events but for the Wedgewood Hotel!

When I pulled up in the rain, the valet was ready with an umbrella over my head. They whisked the bags out of the car, and by the time I got to the front desk, the check in staff was waiting for me. The service was really impeccable and they ended up giving me a pretty room with chocolate chips cookies waiting inside. The bellhop who took me upstairs was super friendly (and forgiving when I had to tip in US dollars since I didn't have any Canadian ones).

The room was slightly dingy but the bed was very very comfortable, the lighting was great, and the work space was perfect. I even had a huge balcony...but at 40 degrees outside, I didn't much feel like sitting out there. The room included complimentary water and a coffee maker plus a newspaper in the morning. All little touches that added up! The only downside was that the Wifi (free) was too slow to stream anything on Youtube or Netflix.

My room included breakfast--a continental one down in the lovely dining room. The server there was incredibly friendly and did not make me feel weird for eating alone.

Then I had a whole day ahead of me by myself, so the concierge (Christine) mapped out plenty of things for me to do--she was terrific!

I should mention that the bathroom was the best part of my room by far--huge bathtub, wonderful amenities, and tons of space.

I don't think I'll go back to Vancouver--really, I didn't have a good time in the city--but I'd go back to the Wedgewood for sure. It is top notch.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Wedgewood Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!