“Perfect place to stay in Vancouver BC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wedgewood Hotel & Spa

You added Wedgewood Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Wedgewood Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   845 Hornby St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1V1, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #4 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
“Perfect place to stay in Vancouver BC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

From arrival to departure, this place is first class all the way. The bell men are terrific--not only with baggage but also with ehlpful suggestions for shopping, restaurants and entertainment.
The newly redesigned exercise room is a great addition to an already excellent place to relax for a few days.
When checking out recently, my daughter realized she left some jewelry in the room safe. We called the front desk(several hours after checking out) and asked if they would go to the room and see if still there. Not only did they check but they promptly mailed the jewelry to us. Thats good service.
We could not be happier

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I drove to Vancouver from Los Angeles, and this last leg of the trip was by myself. My travelling companion went AWOL so I ended up having to spend 2 days in Vancouver alone--a sad turn of events but for the Wedgewood Hotel!

When I pulled up in the rain, the valet was ready with an umbrella over my head. They whisked the bags out of the car, and by the time I got to the front desk, the check in staff was waiting for me. The service was really impeccable and they ended up giving me a pretty room with chocolate chips cookies waiting inside. The bellhop who took me upstairs was super friendly (and forgiving when I had to tip in US dollars since I didn't have any Canadian ones).

The room was slightly dingy but the bed was very very comfortable, the lighting was great, and the work space was perfect. I even had a huge balcony...but at 40 degrees outside, I didn't much feel like sitting out there. The room included complimentary water and a coffee maker plus a newspaper in the morning. All little touches that added up! The only downside was that the Wifi (free) was too slow to stream anything on Youtube or Netflix.

My room included breakfast--a continental one down in the lovely dining room. The server there was incredibly friendly and did not make me feel weird for eating alone.

Then I had a whole day ahead of me by myself, so the concierge (Christine) mapped out plenty of things for me to do--she was terrific!

I should mention that the bathroom was the best part of my room by far--huge bathtub, wonderful amenities, and tons of space.

I don't think I'll go back to Vancouver--really, I didn't have a good time in the city--but I'd go back to the Wedgewood for sure. It is top notch.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Not to repeat the many good things said about this wonderful establishment here in T.A., I can only second all the recent Excellent reviews given here about this hotel & restaurant. Every staff member in this hotel goes out of their way to help you and make you feel welcome. One particular experience on Oct 27th 2012 after a delicious birthday dinner, prompted me to return with my lady to experience the hotel & spa facilities. I would especially like to say THANK YOU to Tristan, one of the many courteous bellman working the front door. At the end of our meal around 11pm, while waiting in vain for a Taxi during a rainy night in Vancouver, he offered to chauffeur us back to our hotel in his private car, 8km out of his way. It was the end of his shift and he surely wanted to go home, but instead literally went the extra miles to help us.

While it's a well-known fact that many celebrities stay at this hotel, no one here name-drops or asserts any kind of elite status. You are made to feel like a celebrity, no matter who you are.

While summer-peak prices for their rooms are a little out of my personal budget range, I very much applaud them for offering special deals during the winter months so that average income earners can enjoy a little bit of that royal treatment.

On to their Spa:
The deep-tissue massage was executed with great skill and knowledge of the human anatomy. Ask for Melissa if you have a sore shoulder or sciatica problems. On the island where we live, my RMT doesn't even do as good a job as her. Don't forget to visit the hot-steam room afterwards to really enhance the rejuvenating experience.

A quick comment about the food. While it's no trouble sitting down for a 5 course high $$$ meal, you can also sit in the lounge or in your room and simply order a duck-confit flatbread for just $15 that will blow you away.

I've stayed in Relais & Chateaux hotels in Europe, and this rarity here in Western Canada, lives up to those high standards in every aspect. Go on, spoil yourself once in a while.

Room Tip: If available, ask for a higher-floor room facing Robson Square, if you enjoy a city view like we did...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hyde, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is a fantastic hotel in a lovely city. The position is perfect in downtown Vancouver so that all the amenities of this city are within easy walking distance.The ambience of the hotel lounge and restaurant is superb. The bedrooms are spacious and extremely comfortable and the beds to die for with lovely cotton sheets and all the top of the range amenities that you expect from a first class Relais Chateaux hotel.The restaurant provide a truly memorable meal with lovely wines in a very relaxing atmosphere and excellent service.
All the staff were very helpful and friendly.We had breakfasts in our room and we had exactly what we wanted and ordered down to the last letter.
We have no hesitation in recommending this Hotel and when we are in Vancouver we always stay here and they actually note that we have been before which is always appreciated.
We did not use the Spa but It looks very good.

Room Tip: All the ones we have stayed in have been excellent I don't think they do bad rooms !!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Recently my husband surprised me by booking a night at this magnificent home away from home. From the moment we stepped out of the car i felt like we were royalty. The front desk staff greeted us by name and welcomed us warmly. We stayed in a suite which was gorgeous. A box of chocolates and a personalized note welcoming us is such a beautiful touch. We experienced the lounge and the restaurant and the food and service was exquisite. i guess the most impressive detail of this hotel is the ability to find that line between making guests feel warm and welcome from beginning to end, but also delivering a polish and sophistication that make one feel like royalty. Thankyou Eleni, you must feel so accomplished <3

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at the Wedgewood for 2 nights in one of the suites. Superb facilities, service and food. The bed was very comfortable and bathroom was spacious. It seemed that every time we left the room and returned the staff had left us a "gift", cookies, chocolates etc...! Great location. The breakfast was superb. All in all one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Every member of staff was friendly, courteous and helpful - the charming doorman, the bubbly bellman, the helpful staff of reception, and the personable staff for room service, all were exceptional and attentive. The breakfast and dinners we had were wholesome and stylish, and the added touches impressed us. We had with us our very young son (under 2) and they welcomed all three of us with open arms. Couldn't fault one thing, and will definitely return again soon. If you like boutique hotels with a five star feel, great hospitality, you would love the Wedgewood.

Room Tip: If you have children choose a suite so your little one has more to explore. All rooms to Hornby St...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family