“Very Happy Experience and Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Grand Vancouver

Save Saved
You added Westin Grand Vancouver to your Saves list
Westin Grand Vancouver
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   433 Robson Street and Homer Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 6L9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #21 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
Hong Kong, China
“Very Happy Experience and Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

My husband and I stayed from July 2 to July 6 2014, total 4 night in the hotel. The location is perfect cos it's in Robson Street. The most impressive is the handsome staff in ground floor concierge. They are very polite, helpful and I am sure they are well-trained. We enjoyed the valet parking service even it cost CAN35.00 per day. It really worths.

I would strongly recommend if you have a car parked in the hotel, just pay CAN5.00 more dollars for valet parking. The service level is excellent. Thank you again handsome guys. I would love to come back again next time when I am in town

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1,027 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Located at the downtown with plenty of shopping places, pubs, restaurants nearby. Staff were nice, room service was great and valet parking service is excellent (although it is a paid service!!!). The suite is a little bit simply decorated per my personal opinion, but the "Heavenly Bed" is always a reason why I choose Westin. Most likely, I will stay in this hotel again when I visit Vancouver next time and hope to try their food and drink at that time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was my first trip to Vancouver and had an amazing time. The Westin Grand was perfect for our needs and such a great location to everything. I look forward to our next stay in Vancouver and at the Westin Grand.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Excellent busines hotel, completed to exacting Westin standards.

Room furnished excellently, all amenities you could ask for.

Room service was great even at the lae our I arrived, still a large choice available.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ancaster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Beautiful boutique hotel. Spacious corner suite with separate bedroom. Attention to detail with their “Heavenly Bed” with white linens and contemporary bathroom. Friendly, courteous employees. Excellent location. Walking distance to Yaletown, Vancouver Art Gallery, Restaurants. Short distance to Granville Island, Capilano Bridge, Gastown, Grouse Mountain.
Highly recommend a stay with Westin Downtown Vancouver!

Room Tip: Request a corner room …
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nanaimo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have stayed at the Westin Grand over 40 times in the last 2 years. My last stay is my last stay. They charged me for things like parking and meals that I never incurred and then gave me a lecture in a very condescending manner that this was common practice. When I asked the guest services manager to cancel my next reservation, I did not even get the courtesy of a return email to confirm cancellation. If this is how they treat a regular business customer, how do you think they are going to treat you?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear malogato,

Thank you for your review, I'm sorry that you felt that we were charging you for items that you had not used. I have had a chance to review your folio, speak to my guest services manager, as well as review the emails that were sent between yourself and her.

When a guest checks into the hotel we authorize the credit card for the full stays room & tax, plus $80 for incidentals. This $80 hold allows the guest to charge room service, movies, phone calls, mini bar, and other such incidentals to their room by ensuring the hotel has the authorization from your credit card company to withdraw this amount should a charge be made. When you check out a "charge" is actually made on your credit card, this will be the total room & tax plus any incidentals consumed. If no incidentals are used then the $80 authorization that was taken at check in is released by the hotel, there is absolutely no charge put on the card other than what was consumed.

I'm sorry this wasn't explained to you clearly upon your arrival at the hotel, this authorization occurs with every guest that checks in to the hotel, regardless if it's their 1st time or their 200th, and is certainly no reflection on how we treat our guests.

Again, my apologies that you felt we were treating you poorly by holding this authorization, and I'm sorry you felt you needed to cancel your upcoming reservation, I do hope you will reconsider. If there is anything I can assist with, please don't hesitate to reach out directly to me at bryce.beatty@westingrandvancouver.com

Bryce Beatty
Guilderland, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

You are smack dab in the middle of everything at this hotel....half way between GasTown and YaleTown with Stanley Park just up the road. The room we were given was a corner suite and it was fantastic. Views were amazing of the city and the harbor. The staff was gracious and very personable. Breakfast at their lobby side restaurant was delicious and not overpriced. Only negative is that there are only 2 elevators....it can be a long wait, but we didn't mind.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Westin Grand Vancouver? Share your experiences!