“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Grand Vancouver

You added Westin Grand Vancouver to your Saves list
Westin Grand Vancouver
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   433 Robson Street and Homer Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 6L9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #23 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Located at the downtown with plenty of shopping places, pubs, restaurants nearby. Staff were nice, room service was great and valet parking service is excellent (although it is a paid service!!!). The suite is a little bit simply decorated per my personal opinion, but the "Heavenly Bed" is always a reason why I choose Westin. Most likely, I will stay in this hotel again when I visit Vancouver next time and hope to try their food and drink at that time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bryce B, General Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review Chun Sek F! I'm looking forward to your next visit, and I assure you you'll have an excellent experience at Hidden Tasting Bar & Social Lounge.

Bryce Beatty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was my first trip to Vancouver and had an amazing time. The Westin Grand was perfect for our needs and such a great location to everything. I look forward to our next stay in Vancouver and at the Westin Grand.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us Jill! I'm glad we were a part of your inaugural visit to Vancouver!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Excellent busines hotel, completed to exacting Westin standards.

Room furnished excellently, all amenities you could ask for.

Room service was great even at the lae our I arrived, still a large choice available.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Diveboy77,

I'm glad to see that we were the perfect destination for your business trip! I hope we can see you again soon, thank you for staying with us!

Ancaster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Beautiful boutique hotel. Spacious corner suite with separate bedroom. Attention to detail with their “Heavenly Bed” with white linens and contemporary bathroom. Friendly, courteous employees. Excellent location. Walking distance to Yaletown, Vancouver Art Gallery, Restaurants. Short distance to Granville Island, Capilano Bridge, Gastown, Grouse Mountain.
Highly recommend a stay with Westin Downtown Vancouver!

Room Tip: Request a corner room …
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bryce B, General Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Still_Life_1125,

Wow! With a review like that it sounds like you had a busy trip experiencing every part of Vancouver! I'm so glad we provided a great home base for such an exciting trip. We hope to see you again soon!

Nanaimo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have stayed at the Westin Grand over 40 times in the last 2 years. My last stay is my last stay. They charged me for things like parking and meals that I never incurred and then gave me a lecture in a very condescending manner that this was common practice. When I asked the guest services manager to cancel my next reservation, I did not even get the courtesy of a return email to confirm cancellation. If this is how they treat a regular business customer, how do you think they are going to treat you?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear malogato,

Thank you for your review, I'm sorry that you felt that we were charging you for items that you had not used. I have had a chance to review your folio, speak to my guest services manager, as well as review the emails that were sent between yourself and her.

When a guest checks into the hotel we authorize the credit card for the full stays room & tax, plus $80 for incidentals. This $80 hold allows the guest to charge room service, movies, phone calls, mini bar, and other such incidentals to their room by ensuring the hotel has the authorization from your credit card company to withdraw this amount should a charge be made. When you check out a "charge" is actually made on your credit card, this will be the total room & tax plus any incidentals consumed. If no incidentals are used then the $80 authorization that was taken at check in is released by the hotel, there is absolutely no charge put on the card other than what was consumed.

I'm sorry this wasn't explained to you clearly upon your arrival at the hotel, this authorization occurs with every guest that checks in to the hotel, regardless if it's their 1st time or their 200th, and is certainly no reflection on how we treat our guests.

Again, my apologies that you felt we were treating you poorly by holding this authorization, and I'm sorry you felt you needed to cancel your upcoming reservation, I do hope you will reconsider. If there is anything I can assist with, please don't hesitate to reach out directly to me at bryce.beatty@westingrandvancouver.com

Guilderland, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

You are smack dab in the middle of everything at this hotel....half way between GasTown and YaleTown with Stanley Park just up the road. The room we were given was a corner suite and it was fantastic. Views were amazing of the city and the harbor. The staff was gracious and very personable. Breakfast at their lobby side restaurant was delicious and not overpriced. Only negative is that there are only 2 elevators....it can be a long wait, but we didn't mind.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear traveloverz,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful and detailed review. We are fortunate to have such a great location, as well as a team of associates who aim to make every guest feel special. I'm so pleased to see you had such a great stay, and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

It is always a pleasure to stay at the Westin Grand, Cant be the location in Vancouver close to great shopping and restaurants. I have stayed at this Location 10 times this year and continue to stay here each time I am in Vancouver. This location offers great SPG recognition and upgrades for members. You won’t be disappointed with this Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being such a loyal guest jacsaw! I truly appreciate your business, and look forward to many more visits.

Bryce Beatty

Been to Westin Grand Vancouver? Share your experiences!