My wife and I recently went to vancouver to run a half marathon. we arrived early (10am) at the hotel after a short walk from the city center train stop, the morning before the race to find out that a room was cleaned and available and that we had also recieved an upgrade to a king suite with a view. Even though we are SPG gold status, upgrades such as this do not occur that often. We also were able to get a late checkout on the Sunday after the race for no extra charge. The early check in and late check out made our stay in Vancouver very relaxing given that were only there for "one" night. This was in sharp contrast to a typical one night stay at other hotels where you can only get to you room at 4pm and have to be out by 11am unless you want to pay an extra fee that can sometimes cost half a nights stay. It was also imppressive that we got the extra time in the room given that there were about 15,000 people signed up to race that weekend. After finishing the half marathon and walking back to the hotel we were greeted at the front entrance by hotel employees who had water bottles and fresh towels waiting for us. This shows that the management and staff are aware of the activities going in their city and are willing to do the extra little things to make guest's stays more enjoyable. Also we spent some time at the pool which was really quiet and well protected from the wind which made it feel like it was warmer than it really was. With the peacefulness of the pool area, It's hard to believe that you are so close to the action of Robson st. The location of this hotel is awesome. Starbucks, Tim Horton's, grocery store, beer store literally within 15 seconds of the front door, not to mention the dozens of shops and restaurants within walking distance on Robson. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, if you want quiet and relaxing you can have or if you like the action and night life, you can go outside and be in the heart of it in a couple min.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Grand Vancouver Hotel
- Westin Grand Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Westin Vancouver
- Vancouver Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Grand Vancouver offers stylish guest suites. Downtown location on Robson Street at the edge of Yaletown near hip shops, exciting theatre, vibrant nightlife and tantalizing restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Starwood, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Westin Grand Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.