“Westin Grand Vancouver” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Grand Vancouver

You added Westin Grand Vancouver to your Saves list
Westin Grand Vancouver
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   433 Robson Street and Homer Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 6L9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #23 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Westin Grand Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our first stay at the Grand but it will not be our last. The hotel is in a great location, and the staff was wonderful. The check-in was fast and courteous, the concierge was very helpful with directions and suggestions re what to do in Vancouver and everyone from the hotel was very friendly. The room was very comfortable (as I have always experienced at the Westin). I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Vancouver.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bryce B, Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Barb,

It was a pleasure to welcome you for your first stay. We're delighted to hear that you'll be back again. Until then, take care!

Bryce Beatty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The final stop on my west coast trip was a weekend exploring beautiful downtown Vancouver. With many friends from Canada’s western capital, I had some advance knowledge about where to go and what to see – but of course there’s nothing like experiencing things for yourself.

As with ski week at Whistler, staying at a Westin Hotel was a good decision. The Westin Grand Vancouver is located in the heart of downtown, a few walking blocks from pretty much anywhere I wanted to go, even wearing heels! There’s about ten more nice things I could say about the hotel – including that I am a huge fan of the signature Westin Heavenly Bed – but most of all it’s reassuring to stay at a Westin to avoid drama like what happened in Hollywood staying at another brands’ hotel.

Arriving on a Friday and departing on a Sunday, I was curious to experience the Vancouver nightlife. The two neighborhoods that I was told to explore were Gastown and Yaletown. Both nights I opted for Yaletown, and in particular Hamilton Street, where the crowd was mostly twenty and thirty-somethings dressed up for a night on the town.

Craving all-things seafood, I loved Blue Water Cafe on the first night for their Seafood Tower. The real fun came after though at George Lounge just down the street, as I had my first brush with con artists! George is stylish and welcoming, but it is relatively small. So what seemed a pleasant enough father and son pairing invited me to sit with them as I waited for my own place to come available. They engaged in 10 minutes worth of chit chat, and then suddenly left WITHOUT PAYING THEIR BILL. In retrospect the idle chit chat seemed clearly just to create a diversion in order to skip out on their $100+ bill. Of course sad for the manager and waitress, but more sad considering the con artists were 30 and 50 years old and dressed relatively well, so what’s up with living life like that??

Night two was a little less dramatic. I made a big effort spending almost an hour walking around Gastown in search of a dinner spot – yes wearing heels – but finally gave up and took a taxi back to Yaletown. Rodney’s Oyster House was a good choice, since more than just seafood these days I am craving lobster. I know it’s not a west coast thing, but still a good choice and a fun spot.

Brunch has become more appealing than dinner, so on Sunday I checked out what seemed to be the trendy Cafe Medina. I’m not a huge fan of places that don’t take reservations, but it came so highly recommended that I made the effort to put my name on the list and took picture in the neighborhood nearby while waiting the hour for my table! I would say it’s worth checking out because the food was good, but certainly I wouldn’t wait an hour again!

Hope it's helpful, both for deciding where to stay and where to go if ever you plan to visit Vancouver!

With Love...
Marta

Dear Marta,

It was truly our pleasure having you stay with us on your first trip to Vancouver, and thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. We hope to see you again very soon!

Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

A huge thank you to the reservations team at the Westin Grand! They went out of their way to accommodate my family and I after an unpleasant stay at another terrible hotel in Richmond. Not only did they offer us a reasonable rate for a last minute booking, the room was beautiful, and they sent a hand written note, two pellegrino's, and welcome chocolates. A very classy gesture. Impeccable customer service. The location is perfect with great food options, shopping, the library, etc all close by. Would definitely recommend and we stay in Vancouver all the time so will be back!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Paul,

Thanks so much for your kind comments! It was truly our pleasure to go the extra mile to make your stay a little more special after it got off to such a rocky start at your other hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Location is strategic - in the heart of Vancouver, walking distance from restaurants and retail stores, including outlets and souvenir shops. Bus routes surround this hotel, for added convenience in travel. The room I stayed in has a separate bedroom and small living room. Clean carpet and drapes. Bedroom is truly comfortable with king size bed, big pillows, and giant LCD TV. Full amenities in the bathroom which is also spotless. I have nothing negative to say about the service - my stay was comfortable. My request for late checkout was immediately granted.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear dinoarevalo,

We're so glad you had such a "grand time!" Thanks for staying with us, we hope to have you back again soon!

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Westin for a work trip up to Vancouver for two nights. The room was pretty spacious, it had a separate sitting area which was extremely helpful for my work and it had a great view of the stadium. I also ordered two meals in my room and both were excellent. The reason for the lower rating came down to housekeeping, they never came and I was really disappointed. Not only that, but when I called initially the women at the front desk informed me that they were gone for the day. They then spent 15 minutes investigating whether I had my "do not disturb" sign on--which I hadn't--the manager called back to inform me that she didn't know what happened and told me she did look into my dnd sign being on and informed me it wasn't (which I had already told her). I was frustrated by her lack of ownership for the mistake and lack of immediate solution to the problem. After an very long awkward pause on my part she agreed to comp the room service I had ordered to make up for the lack in cleaning. So if you do chose to stay here I'd recommend calling and letting them know when you're leaving so you get some clean towels!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Kristininsea,

Thank you for your review, I'm glad that you enjoyed the physical layout of the property as well as the meals you ate. I'm so sorry about the poor service you recieved, both from initially not recieving housekeeping service as well as the lack of empathy by our staff in response to your call.

Needless to say I have already discussed with my Director of Rooms and we will be using this as a learning example of what not to do in this type of situation. If you read other reviews you will see that the service of our staff is one of the highlights of most guest stays, we obviously did not display that with you, and I'm sorry for this.

I sincerely wish for your return,if you do please email me in advance of your stay. I will ensure that your stay is much more comfortable than this one.

Again, my apologies for the lack of follow up on our part.

Nanoose Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We always stay at the Grand and always enjoy it. It's very convenient to everything downtown and the staff is always accommodating. Typically there are good online booking deals that make the stay more affordable for a upper end downtown stay.

Dear vifamily,

Thanks for sharing your review! We truly appreciate your business as such frequent return guests, and are glad our associates keep you coming back. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great customer service, amazing price and beautiful clean rooms... will never considering staying anywhere else when in Vancouver! From the booking process, the reception, the cleaning crew to checking out and having "thank you" emails sent to us - great experience from beginning to end!

Room Tip: Loved having the suite - when we go back with the kids we will be staying in one of those again!