“Succesful meeting at the Westin Grand” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Grand Vancouver

You added Westin Grand Vancouver to your Saves list
Westin Grand Vancouver
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   433 Robson Street and Homer Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 6L9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #23 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Succesful meeting at the Westin Grand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had a two day meeting at the hotel. Staff, food, meeting and hotel rooms were all great. Nice central location with a boutique hotel feel. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Parking isn't cheap but accessible to elevators etc... Heavenly beds are just that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Leslie P,

I have passed on this review to our Banquet & Culinary teams, they much appreciate the very nice comments and are very happy that your meetings were a success.

We hope that we can welcome yourself and your group back to the hotel soon.

Bryce Beatty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Robson street is the hub of downtown Vancouver so restaurants, bars and shops are located around this hotel. The staff were very polite and helpful. The 1 bedroom suite was pretty standard for a Westin hotel - clean and modern and the kitchenette contained a microwave and a sink. My suite faced the street so there wasn't much of a view- I think the mountains are in the opposite direction. It has a good sized bathroom and a TV in both the bedroom and the living room. There's a small cafe in the hotel which is good for breakfast. They have small breakfast choices on the menu, as well as the usual enormous eggs and bacon type meals. I tried the in-house reflexology foot and shoulder and neck massage, which is done in your room. I highly recommend it. The masseur sets up a massage table in your room. Great Hotel - I highly recommend it.

Amritsar, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Up on the 19th floor, one thing is for sure that WESTIN is by far the most consistent of all hotel chains when it comes to rooms amenities etc. Good view out the tiny tiny balcony. Comfortable bed nice bath with a great tub. The location is convenient, just a few blocks to Yaletown, restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear indian-jones,

Thank you for the note, we certainly strive within the Westin Brand to deliver excellent service and amenities. I'm so glad that you found our hotel appealing in both our guest rooms and our location.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My Boxing Day getaway was much needed and this hotel delivered. As a Starwood Prefer Guest I did receive a little extra welcome but nothing over the top. What got me about the service of the hotel was the overall kindness and politeness of the staff. This included the valet team, dining room team and front desk staff. They were all approachable and likeable. Rare these days in hospitality.

Moving on the room - I had a queen-size bed in my suite. Comfortable doesn't describe my nest. I primarily went to this hotel to sleep. I needed to rest, unplug and catch-up on some rest. The heavenly bed delivered as did the rest of the smartly appointed suite. I was comfortable and warm on the cold nights and mornings that filled the Lower Mainland. Long afternoon naps and sleeping in in the morning recharged me greatly. The high-pressure shower was a much welcomed delight since I despise the water-saving shower heads that take a day to get the soap off my body. The room alone would get me back here on any trip.

The hotel overall is well-appointed and modern. The location on Robson is central between Yaletown, the West End and the Robson shopping district. I didn't need a car to get around Vancouver since this hotel is close to all the transit that makes this city ahead of many in North America.

My one gripe is the lack of free Wi-Fi in the rooms. I paid enough for the room - just throw in the Wi-Fi with the rate, folks. I don't pay at Sheraton Four-Point Hotels!

Besides the one kvetch, I love this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Bryce B, Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear BluYooper,

Thanks for sharing your review! It's wonderful to hear that our associates are taking such great care of you. We strive to create a service-focused culture to ensure that every guests' stay is special and memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked the Westin for an overnight trip to Vancouver and it was perfect! The hotel is in an excellent downtown location near plenty of restaurants and the Yaletown neighborhood. The hotel was beautiful and our room was better than expected. We stayed in the Superior one-bedroom suite, it was great size for 2 people and had a great seating area for our visitors. The room was quiet and felt private.The city views from the room could not be beat! There was a fully stocked kitchenette and plenty of closet space with umbrellas to get around in the rain. Valet parking was about 31 per day, you won't need a car here because you can walk anywhere. We will be back!

Dear angelic1-2,

Thank you for your comments, we are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us. As a very well travelled couple I'm sure you've "see it all", so we very much appreciate you finding our hotel so much to your liking.

We look foward to your return.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I'm writing this review after our second stay at this Westin because is perfectly located, and it is exactly what we expect of a Westin.

Location:
It is at the BC Place end of Robson, so it is the perfect hotel to launch a shopping mission on Robson If you're there for CFL, Hockey, or MLS, then it is the perfect homebase--BC Place and Rogers Arena are less than 10 minutes on foot. It is a very, very short walk to Yaletown, our favorite neighborhood, and we even walked to/from Gastown and home from Chinatown.

Westin Experience:
The hotel is beautiful. The lobby and common areas are sophisticated and modern. The suites are comfy and meet the Heavenly brand standard. The staff is wonderful. We especially love Elisabeth. She has the best recommendations for dining and recreation. I wish we could take her with us out on the town. Everybody at the hotel is wonderful. When Elisabeth isn't around, others are very helpful and have excellent recommendations for us.

My only complaint is the the elevators are small and can be slow to arrive during hotel rush hour. So just leave two minutes early or take it easy.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Robson have great views of BC Place, Yaletown, and SE Vancouver. They're oddly sha...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Victoria, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Extremely quiet, well-run hotel a few blocks from Vancouver City Centre Skytrain station. The superior suite was comfortable and clean (although honestly smaller than the picture on the website), and the staff were all very helpful and polite. The location is convenient to shopping on Robson Street or BC Place Stadium and Yaletown. Love, love, love the heated floor in the bathroom!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on a high floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Westin Grand Vancouver? Share your experiences!