This hotel is conveniently located in downtown Vancouver, close to shopping and restaurants. It is old-school stylish and the rooms are charming and mindful of a time past. Our room had a small sitting room separate from a bedroom with a queen-size bed. I also like that the bathroom is big. It is a little pricey, but the service is completely worth it to me. Check-in is a smooth process, the staff are friendly, and the valet guys are kind. I've stayed here twice and can recommend it whole-heartedly.
There are 2 reasons why I'm not giving it 5 stars.
1. The rooms are "noisy". I don't mean that you can hear other guests (you can hear other guests if they are noisy, but this is true in most hotels). I mean that the room itself creaks or rattles, especially if the wind blows very hard. And because it is downtown surrounded by tall buildings, any noise on the street below is amplified on the 8th floor, so conversations, yelling, garbage pick-up, etc., can make it hard to sleep. One of our stays was a corner room, and this room was extremely noisy compared to the non-corner room we had before.
2. When we asked for directions upon check-out, the staff failed to tell us that the main street leaving the city would be blocked off. We made a few right turns trying to get back to that road, but found it blocked every time. Unfortunately, there are no left turns on many roads in Vancouver, which made it extremely difficult to get back on track. It took us over 45 minutes to get back to the road we needed to be on. Road blocks, festivals, etc., are things that a good hotel should know and warn guests about, in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed with a European influence and attention to details have given the Executive Hotel Le Soleil a well deserved reputation as one of the top hotels in downtown Vancouver. Our large suites, attentive staff and great location make a visit to the beautiful City of Vancouver an exeperience to remember. We are always available to answer questions about the city, hotel and other Executive Hotel Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Le Soleil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Soleil Hotel
- Le Soleil Vancouver