“Clean Quiet and friendly and reasonable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Soleil

You added Hotel Le Soleil to your Saves list
Hotel Le Soleil
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   567 Hornby St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 2E8, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #17 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Whidbey Island, Washington
“Clean Quiet and friendly and reasonable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Small, friendly, clean, and quiet. I want nothing more from a hotel but got even more with fantastic service and the kindest staff. They took care of us from the moment we arrived despite being busy. And even though the hotel was full, it was quiet enough to nap and sleep in. Suite was small but ample and the ventilation was great. Room was clean and smelled good and the bed was comfortable. I almost don't want to say how great for fear everyone will find this hidden gem.

Room Tip: We were right across from a daycare and couldn't hear a thing even then the kids played on the b...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Arlington, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed the night in Vancouver prior to starting our cruise and I was looking for a cheap hotel close to the port. While this hotel is inexpensive, it is anything but "cheap." The entryway is beautiful and welcoming (especially after being trapped for two hours at the border crossing) and the staff helpful and friendly. the room itself was lovely - a small sitting room, a beautiful bathroom, and a finely-decorated bedroom. All of this beauty, and with several helpful touches (mini-bar and free wi-fi) to name a few. I just wish we had a day or two more here so I could enjoy all the area and the hotel have to offer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
HotelLeSoleil, General Manager at Hotel Le Soleil, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Kat H

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at the hotel.

I am glad that your enjoyed all aspects of your stay and hope that you enjoyed your Alaskan cruise just as much! We are a popular spot for pre or post cruisers as our location is very central and the guests do enjoy the all suite accommodations.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here in March for a long weekend "staycation" with my family. I am a business traveller who stays in many hotels throughout the year and I have to say Le Soleil had the greatest service and most welcoming staff I have come across in many years.

Stayed in a one bedroom corner suite which was a good size but not huge which is to be expected from a boutique hotel. The ameneties in the room were top drawer and I especially liked the one cup Keurig style coffee machine...not your typical hotel coffee drivel!

The service we received by every single employee we encountered was second to none...they made us feel very welcome and were absolutely in it to make our stay the best it could be. I would recommend this hotel for both business travel as well as a family getaway spot in downtown Vancouver.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tim F

Thank you for your very kind comments and for the taking the time to post your comments to the TripAdvisor community.

We value comments such as yours and was very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your "staycation" in Vancouver. We do pride ourselves in providing warm, welcoming and genuine service to all guests. And as seasoned traveler that you are - that goes along way.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back this summer.

North Vancouver, B.C. Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

A beautiful small hotel that specializes in warm, attentive service from ALL departments and employees. The hotel restaurant / lounge was great and the Indian fusion cuisine was fantastic! Rooms are beautiful and clean. Although parking is valet only, David and the others provided first class service. The location is perfect especially for tourists that want to walk to popular city sights and shop.
For business or pleasure, I highly reccommend Hotel Le Soleil.

Room Tip: I had one of the penthouses and the large deck outside was great! The room also had a small office t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
portland,oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had a one bedroom king suite halfway up with a downtown view. This is a very nice, older hotel that pays attention to detail. The windows opened, a nice feature of older hotels and I also appreciated the separate recycling containers,a feature I think more hotels should adopt. The hotel is in a great location on Hornby Steet, two blocks from Robson Street, 3 blocks from the art museum and more importantly to some, a Starbucks is across the street.
The suite had a sitting area with a couch (it pulls out into a bed also) and a couple of chairs. I noticed it also had a connecting door so it would be great for famlies. Also, there were two of the largest TV's I've ever seen in a hotel, 42 inches I think, one in the sitting area and one in the bedroom.
The bathroom was in between the sitting area and the bedroom; it had a shower only but it was a good size. There was a single vanity but plenty of counter space.
Lastly, a thank you to Brett who supplied us with a bottle of wine and some chocolates for my wife's birthday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Over the past three years, I have stayed at this boutique hotel approximately 20 times for work purposes.

The experiences have been consistently outstanding. The staff are pleasant, attentive, and professional. The quality of the room is excellent - never a problem in any of my stays.

The location is lovely - walking distance to Robson Street, the Vancouver office where I work, shopping mall, and the train station from the airport.

The Copper Chimney is a lovely restaurant and highly valued by my co-workers who wish to dine there during our work lunches.

I enjoy staying here and it has quickly become one of my favourite parts of my work trips.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Very pleasant stay during a recent conference. I prefer a boutique experience, and Le Soleil did not disappoint. Nice rooms and appointments, the staff were helpful, and the restaurant was good. I would recommend it to both business colleagues and pleasure seekers. Definitely plan to stay again next time I am in Vancouver.

Room Tip: If possible, the higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Le Soleil? Share your experiences!