“Great for a romantic getaway or room for the kids as well!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Soleil

You added Hotel Le Soleil to your Saves list
Hotel Le Soleil
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   567 Hornby Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 2E8, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #18 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Seattle, Washington
“Great for a romantic getaway or room for the kids as well!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

What a wonderful little hotel right in the heart of Vancouver! The suite was a great set up. The kids had their own area with tv and while the parents have their own room as well. The staff was very friendly. Everything was clean and well maintained. Just a great spot that you would easily drive by if you weren't looking for it. Don't expect any views, that is the only drawback.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Maple Ridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed the night after a concert downtown and really enjoyed everything. The rooms were well priced, spacious and comfortable. The parking is valet, but still cheaper than many other hotels regular parking rates. It is walking distance to almost all of downtown vancouver. My only complaint was opening the curtains in the morning and having a full office building right accross the street. Overall I would recommend it and would stay here again in a heartbeat. I would request a higher floor if available.

Room Tip: Askfor a higher room or you will have business people staring in your room from across the street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We found a great deal on this hotel through Expedia for $139/night. It's decoration brings you back to the 19th and 20th century, but beyond the "lipstick" is a great, clean hotel in the heart of Vancouver. Staff were friendly, and the rooms were clean even though the view outside our window was of a cement building. The hotel size soaps and shampoos were Aveda brand! Overall - it's a very good hotel if you can find a deal on it.

Room Tip: If you care for a view then ask for a room with one, otherwise you could be staring at a brick wall!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

For a place to sleep that seems cozy, romantic and luxurious, it works. But it is not a full service hotel. We were able to work around that. We ate elsewhere for all our meals and I ran on the sidewalk for exercise. We stayed in the penthouse suite and it had an amazing deck with beautiful view but it was odd to have a jacuzzi in the main room. We were told that the famous types like that room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fernie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I were attending a conference and were given a "discounted" rate for a few hotels and we chose the Hotel Soleil because it was close to the conference venue.
I did not have a problem with the rate as it was quite reasonable for downtown Vancouver. What I did have a problem was a few things about the room.
The hotel is very luxurious in the lobby and through the halls to your room.
When we arrived at our room, we pretty much through our bags down on the floor and left immediately to attend a function. When we came back to our room it was quite late and had to get up in the early morning. When getting into bed, that is when I realized we had a queen bed, not the king bed I had requested at the time of making my reservation.
In the morning, I also realized that the bedroom window over looked the garbage can in the alley, the other window face a cement wall. Not very impressed by this at all.
The queen bed we had was not comfortable at all. That combined with the noise in the alley we did not enjoy a very good sleep.
In the morning, I asked the front desk clerk to check my reservation. I told him I had requested a King size bed. I was told that they try to give people their request but sometimes cannot grant it.
I would think they would say something when I made the reservation.
I take it that because I had a discounted rate that is why I received not only the queen bed, but a room with no view.
Would I stay there again? Yes, I would. But I think I would skip the discount and just take a room with a view.

Room Tip: be sure to specify when you make the reservation that you would like a room with a view (not looking...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I traveled from Calgary to Vancouver to go see the Paul I stay at the Hotel Le soleil I was in for a treat! The service started very well with the check in as per prior arrangement, the reservation was smooth 10 min top i was check-in at my room. The bedding was soft the house keeping was fast and silent you ask for something 5 min after you add what you ask for. For me it is what a hotel should be for services.

For the restaurant... This section would bring a dark side to the hotel... soon you arrive at the hotel the them of the hotel and restaurant are great they never stop spending to make it look good. However the Restaurant if the food could taste as much as the look... well the food is old..taste I try all the entree small introduction with friends... well it was just like going a cheap place around the corner so i stop and decide, to go to some other place that I think was a lot better for your money! Sorry but you need to work on your menu and bring the quality of the food to match the hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

we stayed overnight on a Saturday for dinner at the Copper Chimney for our office annual dinner at this hotel and really enjoyed the small intimate luxury feel of the room. We had a one bedroom suite and brought our 2 kids. It was very comfortable, one of the best beds I have slept in and the Keurig coffeemaker was a big plus for the next morning. Staff were exceptionally friendly and the place was super clean. The little sitting area off the reception with a nice warm fireplace was very cosy for a chat after dinner. The hotel is situated off the busier streets of Vancouver so it is quieter unless you get some rowdy people coming off from Brandy's next door. All in all, its a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family