“Pricey but worth it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Granville Island

Granville Island
1661 Duranleau Street | (Underneath the Granville Street Bridge), Vancouver, British Columbia V6H 3S3, Canada
604 666 6655
Activities: Shopping, Dining, Arts and crafts, City walk sightseeing
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Former industrial site has been transformed into an artsy, posh neighborhood with quaint shops, cafes and bookstores.
Irving, Texas
33 attraction reviews
“Pricey but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I would go hungry and enjoy all the fresh fruit and breads, then grab some cheese, sliced meats, and a bottle of wine then take the ferry over to the park. There is a lot to see but unless you don't have a budget I would just window shop.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Winnipeg Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Danger - there are bakeries here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had already eaten breakfast but couldn't resist the bakery products that we found here. Sat outside and listened to a guitar player whirl the birds begged us for part of our pastry.

Visited March 2013
“Worth spending two hours via the aqua bus from yale town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Catch the aqua bus from yale town for 7-8$ round trip. Granville island is really fun to explore the market and island, people watch, and grab a bite to eat.

Sausalito, California
3 attraction reviews
“Culinary Institute of the Pacific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I went to Granville Island, mainly because it was my dad's name, and it was well worth the trip. The #50 bus stopped a block from my hotel, so I just hopped on and paid under $3.00 to get there.
i was hungry, and happened to walk past the Culinary Institute which advertised a 3 course meal for $18. I was seated immediately at a sunny table by the window. I ordered the mussels in a delicious garlic sauce with tiny shoe-string fried potatoes, very fresh cod with asparagus, and profiteroles for dessert. I chose a glass of light British Colombian wine for $11.50 (well worth it--actually a mixture of grapes I'd never seen before), and an espresso to end the meal. The service was excellent. As in many fine restaurants, they start you off with an "amuse-bouche", which was, I believe, a lobster-mushroom ravioli in a delicious sauce. Highlight of Granville Island for me! My dad would have approved.

Vancouver, Canada
27 attraction reviews
“Best Market ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I love this place and if I lived in the city would be shopping here all the time. Has lots of Arts and gift shops, theatre as well. Childrens toy market, but best of all is the indoor market where they sell everything from freah produce, cakes, etc and have also got a food court with so many different types of cooked food to purchase.