My husband, baby, and I stayed at the Westin Bayshore for a week mid August 2006.
This hotel is in an excellent location (Coal Harbour/West End). It is right along the seawall, and is a 5 minute walk to Stanley Park and 15 minutes to English Bay beach.
The room we stayed in was on the 17th floor and had a SPECTACULAR view of the ocean facing the marina. We would highly recommend that you stay on a top floor and request an ocean view. Every morning we would open up our sliding doors and eat our breakfast while gazing at the scenery. As a side note, our room had a mini fridge which we used to store fruit and milk for our breakfasts. Safeway (corner Robson & Denman) is a 5 minute walk from the hotel, so purchasing basic grocery items to store in your room is very easy. The room we stayed in was a little on the small side but very clean and new (maybe 350 square feet).
Although we did not spend much time in the hotel, it does have a huge main floor with plenty of couches and love seats to use. The outdoor pool was nice, but very small. If you intend on getting a chair around the pool go early and secure a spot!
We cannot comment on value because we used aero plan points to book the room (it would have been about $300 + per night).
This hotel is also minutes away from Denman St which is a haven for food lovers like us!
Restaurants: Places we liked!
Vera's Burger Shack - best burgers we have ever had! (Denman St.)
Mondo's gelati - best we ever had, so many flavors, I had 14 in 7 days! (Denman St.)
Cupcakes - you should try it once. (Denman St.)
Banana Leaf - amazing Laos food, only a few tables get there early. (Denman St.)
Pho Number 1 - very inexpensive subs and ok soup (Denman St.)
Falafel King - amazing beef swhwarma, must try it!!! (Denman St.)
Nates Pizza - great cheap snack to go. (Denman St.)
New York Grill - lots of basic food for cheap. (Denman St.)
Modern Burger- great burgers (if you are into fresh/homemade type burgers), fries, and milk shakes! (Kitsalano area)
Restaurants: Places we did not like!
Samay's Hot wings - chicken fat and skin in the chicken swhwarma DISGUSTING! (Robson St.)
Zakasushi - just ok, more hype then it's worth! (Denman St.)
Time Square Inn is definitely worth looking into if you would like more of an apartment style vacation. We took a tour of it and will be staying there next time we are in Vancouver. It's much cheaper ($189 per night) then the hotels, and has much more space (living area and kitchenette and in room laundry) 650 square feet. It does not have a ocean view but is on the corner of Robson and Denman which is also an excellent location.
- Laundry mat on Denman if needed
- HUGE outdoor family swimming pool along seawall down from English Bay (end on Denman)
- Go to the aquarium in Stanley park
- You can rent bikes on the corner of West Georgia and Denman
- All restaurants are very very small in downtown. If you have a stroller like us for the baby, go early!
- Most hotels have free shuttles to the mall down Robson.
Have a great trip!
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel
- Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- Westin Vancouver
- Vancouver Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy views of the coastline, distant mountains, and Stanley Park. Connected to the historic 1,000-acre Stanley Park via its picturesque seawall, you're just moments away from unspoiled nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.