I finally had an opportunity to stay the Westin Bayshore again. The last time I was here was in 1994. Needless to say, it has since been revamped and upgraded. Located right on Coal Harbour, the Bayshore is only 2 blocks from Robson Street and 2 blocks from Denman Street, easy walking distance to shopping and eating. The front desk was superb at check-in, very friendly and helpful, courteous. The valet parking personnel were also very nice and efficient. Special requests to the room were handled expediently. I wanted real glass to drink from (they only provide plastic cups, which is a peeve of mine because it feels cheap) and I also needed a bandage for a small cut.
I always sleep well at a Westin in the Heavenly Bed. I don't even want to get up for meetings in the morning!
They now offer extra Starwood points or $5 off meals if you choose not to have housekeeping services on a daily basis, which was nice. The day I did decide to have housekeeping come in and take away used towels and clean up, the service was okay, just minimal. Cups were not restocked and the carpet was not vacuumed. I should have just not had them come in and accumulate the extra points on my account.
The tower rooms with the water view are spectacular. You can watch seaplanes taking off and landing. Yachts and boats with Christmas lights were cruising around as well. Stanley Park and the Coast Mountains were in the background. It was worth paying a couple of dollars more for the view.
I would definitely recommend the Westin Bayshore to people visiting Vancouver.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel
- Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- Westin Vancouver
- Vancouver Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy views of the coastline, distant mountains, and Stanley Park. Connected to the historic 1,000-acre Stanley Park via its picturesque seawall, you're just moments away from unspoiled nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Starwood, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.