Over the years, I have been blessed with a wide variety of travel opportunities, both for business and usually with a few extra days for pleasure tacked on afterwards. But this trip was solely for pleasure.
Having been through Vancouver many times, I decided this time to spend a few days and get to know the city a bit better, and I already knew I wanted to stay in or near Coal Harbor.
My choice of the Westin Bayshore exceeded ALL my expectations!
My wife and I are not "high maintenance" travelers, but we do expect the property and the services to be in sync with the price. Boy, were we in for a pleasant surprise.
The physical location was perfect. Located right on the water just off Burrard Bay, and in easy walking distance to Cardero's, one of our favorite restaurants, we chose a water-view room overlooking the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club, with the eastern edge of Stanley Park just beyond.
The room was simple, spacious, and most comfortable. From our 8th floor balcony, we were able to watch the float planes come and go dropping off or picking up their fares. A local sightseeing cruise boat came and went, and we watched it all, enjoying while enjoying the brisk mountain air flowing through our sliding glass doors...
NOTE: we were cautioned by the gentleman that helped us with our bags to keep the doors relatively close, because aggressive seagulls had been known to pop by unannounced for a quick snack in your room, if given that opportunity.
Unfortunately, our plans kept us on the go, so we were unable to try any of the multitude of special services available here; maybe next time.
The decor and appointments were wonderful, but not gaudy, and the staff was most accommodating.
We were at this resort for six days, and regard it as one of the finest hotel stays I've had in some time.
Can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy views of the coastline, distant mountains, and Stanley Park. Connected to the historic 1,000-acre Stanley Park via its picturesque seawall, you're just moments away from unspoiled nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Hotel.de and BookIt.com so you can book your The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- Westin Vancouver
- Vancouver Westin