“Service is outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   791 W. Georgia St., Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 2T4, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Ranked #15 of 97 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Service is outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The beds are comfy (as you would expect from a top luxury hotel), the rooms are impeccably clean (as you would expect from a top luxury hotel), and the restaurant is actually good (as you would expect from a top luxury hotel).

What made the hotel outstanding was its incredible service-orientation. They paid attention to little details that I hadn't even thought to ask for. When I checked in with my family, they asked for the ages of my children. The lady at the reception said that they offered a welcome gift for children but since it included cookies (and we were checking in at 10:30 pm), she suggested that they bring it up tomorrow instead. The next day, someone shows up with cookies and pint-sized bathrobes for my children.

My younger son is still in diapers; we wrapped his soiled diapers in plastic bags and left them in the bathroom trash can. On the afternoon of our first day, we return to our room to find it clean and a diaper can (designed to contain smells, etc) in the bathroom. No other hotel has ever gone so far as to provide that kind of thoughtful service.

We ate frequently at the restaurant since kids eat for free. It's a brilliant strategy on the part of the hotel. They definitely garnered more revenue from us by offering free meals for the kids. The hosts and wait staff recognized us by the end of our week stay, and always welcomed our children with smiles and extra table activities. I highly recommend the hot chocolate from the restaurant, Yew.

I'm officially impressed by the Four Seasons and will plan to return, even if it doesn't have a frequent user program...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear AmeliaWaters,

You certainly know how to make my day. Many thanks for your kind words from your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

Feedback is the best source of inspiration. I would like to thank you for your compliments as well as highlighting the outstanding service provided by our team.

The examples you gave of the service and staff provided are so rewarding and are truly a great testament of the team’s professionalism and dedication. We are quite simply blessed with many talented people who truly enjoy hospitality and taking care of our guests, and our years of success we have had are predominately due to their great work. It’ll give me great pleasure to share your words of praise with everyone, particularly those mentioned. I know they will be most grateful and will be inspired by your comments.

Thank you again for the observations and wonderful feedback. We appreciate your support and look forward to having you back for future stays with Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four days. The service was excellent, the concierge was top notch and the rooms were well kept. Housekeeping was better than most. I consistently came back to find my room clean and they even folded my dirty laundry for me which I thought was a nice touch. Overall, I liked it here and don't have a lot to add since the other reviews are positive as well.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean view.
Dear Ski G,

Thank you for your kind note of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

I am so pleased we were able to exceed your expectations on so many levels during your visit, and most notably by our Concierge and the unsung heroes of the property – our Housekeeping team.

Your comments are gracious and we are appreciative to receive them. I’ll be sure to share your observations with our team, as I know it will inspire them.

Many thanks, and we look forward to having you back in our Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver home.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

I spent the weekend at the Four Seasons hotel in down town Vancouver. Unfortunately I arrived just at the start of the '4 20' event (marijuana rally) that was taking place across the street at the front of the art galley. It took me an hour to twist through back lanes and alleys to get to the hotel, but this was not the fault of the hotel. In fact, they left a letter in everybodies room warning them of the event and explaining that they were taking measures to filter the air so that second had smoke was not sucked into the building. Security was also considered, but not required.

The room was very clean and the staff were very polite and helpful. They have a new restaurant in the hotel called 'Yew'. It is a seafood restaurant, and because the hotel is right on the west coast, the seafood is as fresh as you can get it. The chef has come up with a wonderful menu and is kid friendly (although is there were any children in the restaurant, you would never know it).

The only downside of this hotel is the depth of the indoor-outdoor pool. I like a deeper pool, than is provided here, but the landscape is beautiful. A wedding at this hotel would be spectacular. While at the exercise room, try the complementary flavored water. They flavour the water using fresh fruit and herbs. Very refreshing!

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Diver1964,

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your most gracious and positive note. Your comments truly made my day, and I am so appreciative to receive them.

I am so thrilled to learn that you felt as though we managed the ‘420 Rally’ well; however, I would still like to extend my apologies for any inconvenience it may had cause you through your arrival experience. Feedback is so important to us, and I will keep your comments so we may better constructive a framework to address traffic and road closures on that day for our guests.

Thank you so much for your kind words of our colleague and service. Quite simply we are blessed to have such competent and dedicated group of people. I will share your thoughts with them, as there is no better motivation than words of praise from our guests for a job well done.

Thank you once again for the observations and wonderful feedback. We look forward to your next visit in Vancouver.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The staff was very nice and accommodating across the board. From the bell men to the restaurant, Yew, we were always greeted with a smile and welcome. Our Premier Preferred View room gave us a couple of really nice ways to look across the city to the mountains and see just how magnificent the landscape around the city is. I thought the view was well worth the up charge for the room. It also offered us space to spread out a little and not be confined to just a bedroom. The couch and chairs were very comfortable and provided a nice place to relax before our next walk around the city. Speaking of which, the location of the hotel is ideal as you are just a few blocks from Gastown, the port and other attractions around the city.

It was also very bright and clean. I would stay here any time I was in Vancouver again.

The included shoeshine service was excellent as well since I didn't have a spare pair of shoes with me, and they were right there on my door handle in the morning as promised.

Room Tip: We got a Premier Preferred View room that gave us a corner room on a high floor. This provided a gre...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear crobinson_austin,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your recent visit to Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver. We appreciate your observations and complimentary feedback.

I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and that you left with such a great impression of our team and the service provided. Your note is truly a wonderful testament to our staffs’ professionalism and dedication. We are so blessed to have such individuals.

I am pleased to hear you found our central location in arms reach of whatever you need; such a timesaver! Our view is a view I never get tired of – the majestic mountains and surrounding waters – wonderful.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver for future stays.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

This hotel is one of the best hotels I've stayed at in Canada. It is a case of getting what you pay for, and this hotel is not inexpensive. Valet parking great ; Restaurant service and food fantastic ; rooms very well appointed. Location is right downtown Vancouver. Entrance to the hotel although having a West Georgia address; in and out access to the hotel is via Howe Street. From the hotel, there is a very short walk to the waterfront promenade where the sea planes come and go. Lots of shopping in the mall attached to the hotel.
A few things that are a little over the top in terms of price that most customers may not notice, but I did. A daily rate of $12.95 for the internet? A price of $7.50 for a 1 litre bottle of water in the room? Free wireless would be nice so one doesn't have to go to the business centre. The answer from the staff that the business centre can be used free of charge, is not a good alternative.
Most mornings there is only coffee in the lobby, one morning (Wednesday) there were little muffins as well? What about muffins Monday - Tuesday? I don’t think I am the target customer for this hotel, but I did enjoy my stay.

Room Tip: Harbour view room would be best.
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed in Vancouver with our children for two nights at the end of ski vacation. We were looking forward to being pampered at The Four Seasons and we were not disappointed. Everyone went out of their way to know us by name and to make sure that everything was perfect. The pool and hot tub were great. The hotel was centrally located. The restaurant was good and the staff were very attentive. We highly recommend The Four Seasons Vancouver.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear Jnags,

I am so pleased that you and your family were able to stay with us at the end of your ski vacation. The snow in Whistler was great this season. I am so pleased to hear that our colleagues went above and beyond what you expected. Thank you for sharing your favourable comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We were looking forward to this treat. Unfortunately I can't say I'd recommend staying here. It was advertised as a luxury hotel but didnt live up to this name. Rooms are fine, clean tidy and comfortable, but even the special conference price worked out at $250 Canadian a night. For this price there is no tea or coffee maker in the room, no information book about the hotel so you won't even know where to find such things as the gym and pool. You pay extra for wifi. The toiletries were not topped up each day. Before you ask, did I leave a service tip, yes, but by the last day I was not happy. I recommend staying just a few blocks from the Pacific Centre in one of the hotels that have apartment facilities. There are several, they are modern, clean helpful and include wifi, free local calls, etc etc.

Dear Mere50,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback as we learn so much from our guests. Your constructive feedback give us an opportunity to better serve our guests.

I am pleased to let you know that we do offer complimentary coffeemakers and hot water kettles with tea by request through Room Service.

Your frustration regarding the lack of a guest directory is totally understandable. As members of the Five Green Keys we recognize there is a high environmental cost to update and replace 373 guest directories on regular basis. Rest assured our Concierge, and the entire Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver team, are always on standby to assist in any way possible. Our personal and professional mandate is to provide personalized, authentic service to all our guests.

Thank you for your thoughts with regards to the Internet. Currently we do offer complimentary Internet as well as full printing and scanning abilities in our Business Centre. For quick email access, we offer three complimentary terminals located in the main lobby on the second floor. For access in the privacy of your own room, we offer standard and premium high-speed Internet at various rates.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our toiletries from L’Occitane en Provence. Based in Manosque, France, Olivier Baussan founded his company based on nature and highlight its previous treasures to create products made from essential oils and natural ingredients.

Your reflections are greatly appreciated as it allows us to review our services so we can continue to deliver exceptional guest experience. We hope to have the privilege and pleasure of serving you again the next time you are in the city for either business or pleasure.

Hotel Manager

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver? Share your experiences!