“Top rating for the Suttton Place Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver

Save Saved
You added Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver to your Saves list
Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   845 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2K6, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #27 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
Bucks County,PA
“Top rating for the Suttton Place Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

We loved the hotel's central location, room was very nice, bathroom was clean and roomy enough with nice amenties. Best thing was the incredible service. Hotel staff went out of their way to perfect our comfort . Concierge station was extremely helpful and courteous. Overall I would highly recommend staying at the Sutton Place Hotel. For great views, ask for an upper floor room facing the bay & mountains.

Stayed May 2008

1,644 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Arabic first
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

We just returned from a weekend stay at the Sutton and loved every minute of it! From the minute we walked in till the minute we left, they treated us like we were royalty.

The positives include evening turn down service complete with chocolates and a card with the next day's weather forecast. It's a little touch, but it just shows how guest focused they are. The concierge desk came in very helpful as we decided to venture outside the city on a couple occasions. They even knew where the new H&M was located in the mall even though it had only been open a week. He gave us very detailed directions, including which escalator to take and which way to turn once we got off of it. I can't say enough about the excellent level of service. The hotel is also one block away from Robson street, which has all sorts of shops.

The only negative was the cost to park ($28/day), but I'm from the cornfields of the mid-west where parking is always free.

Overall, I'd stay at the Sutton Place again in a heartbeat!

• Liked — Amazing Service
  • Disliked — Parking Fee
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

I usually stay at the Pan Pacific but I had a credit with Hotwire and I was able to get this for $129 a night. The employees were awesome! Super nice and efficient. The room was large and decorated nicely. The bath items were my favorite, BUT the stand alone SMA LL shower was so little that when I turned around my body would catch the adjuster and make the water boiling! It was at least 30 years old as was the tub (They were seperate) I HATED that shower! I give this hotel no more than 4 stars because of this. ALso, I had the A/C on and the A/C vent smelled like old maple syrup!

• Liked — Friendly staff and let us check in early
  • Disliked — THE SAMM stand alone OLD shower
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2008

The Sutton Place Hotel is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. It is an easy walk to Robson St, Canada Place/ Convention Center, Davie St. Stanley Park and Gastown are longer but doable walks. My room was tastefully appointed. The service here is top notch- from the doormen to the housekeeping staff everyone is there to make your stay as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. The concierge staff is very knowledgeable and accessible as well. I could not have been more satisfied with my stay here. The only downside is that the business center has a stiff charge for internet usage, so I would walk a few blocks to Kinko's and use the computers there. I felt pampered at the Sutton Place Hotel!

• Liked — Personal service
  • Disliked — internet access cost
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bellevue, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

We stayed here with friends for a weekend. We have visited Vancouver several times, and knew we wanted to be close to the main downtown area restaurants and shops. This hotel is in a prime location with many great restaurants and stores within walking distance. (only half a block away from Robson!) It was in a better location than even the downtown Hyatt! (where we stayed last time)

The service from the concierge was amazing and considerate. I've never had hotel staff bend over backwards as they did, in booking restaurant reservations, give passes to clubs, and being so knowledgeable with local restaurants. (and we had very specific criteria)

The only thing I could find that wasn't 'perfect' were the beds. The beds were just ok. I understand that everyone has their own preferences with beds, but I think the Hyatt's beds were more comfortable. However, since the service and location were great (and better), I'd rather stay here again.

• Liked — service, location, rooms
  • Disliked — beds, they were decent.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

I'd never stayed at Sutton Place (never even heard of it) before this particular trip, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I have stayed a several luxury hotels in the Vancouver area, and this is by far one of the best (only the Westin on the harbour comes close).

I travel for business, and found that the staff went out of their way to assist me. I thought the room was nice, very comfortable. The turndown service was phenomenal, way beyond mints on the pillow--the staff actually cleaned the room (already pristine), adjusted the lighting, turned on the radio, etc. I really appreciated arriving back after a long day at work--even better than having your mom take care of you! lol The reception desk was super. I wasn't there long enough to try the restaurant, but for early birds, there is a supermarket next door that serves a mean breakfast for folks on the go.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — Friendly staff, really nice room, reasonably priced, good location
  • Disliked — Wish I would have had more time! I would have stayed an extra day at my expense
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

Stayed for 4 nights while on business. Great location as it is right downtown and close to Robson street where there are tons of decent restaurant.

The room is spacious with nice decor. The staff are just always there to help, was very impressed by the wonderful staff there. The gym was nice with some old but decent equipment.

Internet access was very slow while I stayed there.

• Stayed March 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver? Share your experiences!