“Wonderful service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver

You added Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver to your Saves list
Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   845 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2K6, Canada (Downtown)   |
Special Rate
Save 40% | 72 Hour Offer
Ranked #30 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brampton, Canada
“Wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Sutton Place is in a prime location, close to restaurants,transportand attractions. Wonderful service from check in to departure.Didn't try the restaurant but the bar was a great spot. All of the staff are so well trained

Highly recommended

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Arabic first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Sutton is a great hotel anytime and it is a spectacular value - if you can book at a discounted rate. Its located right downtown - close to the financial centre and shopping. I have spent months in the hotel over the past 3 years and it is my first choice when its available on discount

Room Tip: Higher floors are a bit quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great location and beautiful room, pleasant staff and a nice surprise of chocolate dipped strawberries as a birthday gift! We dined at the Fleuri Restaurant the last time we were there, it was exceptional. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Yes, the hotel is dated, but the service and the charm of the hotel still made our stay comfortable and enjoyable. This was our second time at the Sutton Place, and we acknowledge that the bathrooms and furniture are in need of a re haul to compete with other five star hotels; however, the service is still exceptional warranting the five star status. Additionally, the location is unbeatable. Its located on a quieter side of Burrard Street, but close enough to the action that you can walk to Robson for shopping or the City Center subway station to catch a subway. We took a $15 cab ride to Granville Island, and it was easy to get a taxi back. People are so friendly in Vancouver, which is so refreshing. The gourmet grocery next to the hotel, cinema across the street and Robson two streets down makes it such a great convenient location for our visits. Not to mention Japadog right outside, which still beats the NYC location.

After a $30 taxi ride from the airport, we were greeted by the friendly doormen and front desk. I booked through Amex Platinum and received a rate including breakfast and wifi, which is key. The continental breakfast is really a buffet spread that includes hardboiled eggs, french pastries, toast, oatmeal, yoghurt, cold cuts, and fruit, amongst other things. It was quite good. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a city view, that included a comfortable king size bed with a sofa bed. The bathroom lighting is still terrible as is the dated shower stall and tub; however, it is always squeaky clean, and housekeeping was very accommodating to all of our requests.

I really like that the staff from the housekeeping, front desk, doormen, restaurant are all very friendly and greet you each time they see you. Its this kind of charm and attention to detail that keeps me returning to this hotel.

One of the negatives is that their coffee shop/ bar lunch/dinner dining is terrible. Breakfast is good;however, thats all. I think the tea time is decent as well, but just dont go at any other times. The food is just not good so eat here only if you have to (because one member in our party had a bad cold so didnt want to venture out).

If you are looking for a modern boutique hotel do not stay here. If you like a hotel with old world charm and great service, then this is your hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Navid S, General Manager at Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your patronage of The Sutton Place Hotel and for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and the location. I truly appreciate your words of praise for my colleagues. It is my pleasure to share the enthusiasm of your words with the management and staff. We value your feedback and will continue to improve our offers in the restaurant. We are also in the process of renovating our one and two bedroom suites at La Grande Residence. We hope to be of service to you very soon so that we can again demonstrate the service excellence and pleasant ambiance for which our establishment is renowned. Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sutton Place Hotel.
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My stay in Vancouver in April 2013 was amazing mostly because of my choice of hotels . The Sutton Place fulfilled every need imaginable . The staff were incredible , knowledgable and catered to my every need . I was traveling alone but the hotel staff made me feel like family . The room was impecable and had many extras that most hotels don't have . Centrally located , I never once needed a taxi . Do not hesitate to book this hotel . I would rate it 6 stars .

Room Tip: My room was 1126 and had the most amazing view of the waterfront . It was a corner unit.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Te4xas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Even though this hotel is a tad dated and a little old fashioned, ti's a great place to stay in Vancouver. It has tons of film makers who are their making movies over an extended stay and the staff, in particular the concierges are great! Christopher Martin, the evening concierge when I was staying there recently, knew everything and was so very helpful with restaurants, news, and, well, everything. The rooms are small but big enough and the views - or at least my view - was very good. The location is right in the middle of restaurants, shopping and sightseeing area and there is a buzz you feel when you step outside the door. I love this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room over looking the street.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

It was for business but I took my family. It's a beautiful entrance when you pull into the turnaround with very friendly valet parking attendants. It's probably one of the fanciest hotel entrance in town. The lobby is filled w/ "antiques" and lovely orchids everywhere. The room is nice w/ very lux bedding. We had a room w/ 2 queen beds and a full wall of windows w/ a nice view that let in tons of light. I thought the bathroom needed a little updating but overall, my family really liked the room. My kids used the pool (it's pretty small) and they didn't like the fact that they had to walk thru the entire lobby to get to it (so if you plan to use the pool, cover up). It had a lovely restaurant but we didn't eat there. I was there for a conference and the food was catered by them and unfortunately, like typical hotel food, it was fairly tasteless. The conference area was a little cramped. My rate was very good b/c we had a gp rate but w/o it, I think it's fairly expensive. It's $40/nite for parking. I had free wifi but only b/c I had a gp rate, o/w it's rather expensive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver? Share your experiences!