“Expected More from Pan Pacific” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Vancouver

You added Pan Pacific Vancouver to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Vancouver
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   300-999 Canada Place Way | Suite 300, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C3B5, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #16 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Naples, Italy
“Expected More from Pan Pacific”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in a great location. What I found troublesome was when I compared it to the modernity, luxury, and general wow-factor to the Pan Pacific I stayed at in Seattle, I found the Vancouver hotel severely lacking. It felt like an outdated Hilton. It was kind of bland. The lack of complimentary wi-fi in the hotel is a sore point with me as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
PanPacificVancouver, Director of Quality Assurance at Pan Pacific Vancouver, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for selecting the Pan Pacific Vancouver for your recent visit to Vancouver. We are pleased that you found our accommodation and facilities comfortable.

We appreciate you taking the time to post you review on Tripadvisor and have forwarded your comments to our Management Team for their review. We appreciate receiving all comments as it allows us to know where were are succeeding and where we are able to improve our guest experience.

We do hope we will have another opportunity to host you for future visits to Vancouver should your travels bring back to the Pacific Northwest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (637)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is a popular with conference attendees being so close to our Convention centres.
But we stayed for a couple of nights just to celebrate Valentines and it was brilliant!
Stayed at the Pacific Club Floor which is the top floor of the building.
Really nice Club Lounge area serving a very full range West Coast style continental breakfast, e.g. smoked salmon, different hot eggs dish everyday, really excellent coffee machine, even made my latte good enough to match any paid barrista!
In the evening, there is an honour bar with good selection of drinks, although each guest has 1 complimentary drink to start.
Warm hor d'oeuvres and snacks served as well.
The Lounge has the best North Westerly view of the harbour and considering that is where you would spend most of your time to enjoy the view during the day or evening as such, it didn't matter that our room was North Easterly facing which gives you the North Shore Indian arm harbour view and looking across crab park and the seaport, helicopter and railway lines was actually absorbing, especially as the hotel provide binoculars!
Excellent dedicated staff in the lounge to check you in and out privately.
Access to the gym on the Cruise ship floor is included which was well fitted out with steam room in the very nice changing rooms.
Didn't have time or the bravery to try the outdoor pool and hot tub as it was rather nippy when we stayed.
Particularly appreciated access to tea and coffee, fruit juices and perrier water throughout the day included. Also free wifi and internet access in the room.
All in all, when you calculate the cost per night to have so much included, I would do this again any time!

There was no separate security key access in the elevators for the Pacific Club so anyone can go up to this floor, however with staff around I suppose security is still ok, they provide safes in the room.

Room Tip: Although tempting to get a room with a westerly harbour view, why not save some bucks and enjoy the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post your comments on your recent stay at the Pan Pacific Vancouver.

It was a pleasure to read your informative review of your Pacific Club experience. We are very fortunate with our downtown waterfront location and the views from our accommodation and Pacific Club Lounge and are pleased you were able to enjoy these views along with the other privileges accorded our Pacific Club guests.

We do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Pan Pacific Vancouver should you desire another getaway in the City.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I hadn't stayed at the Pan Pacific Vancouver since the late 1990s and I wasn't sure what to expect. This is my fourth stay at the property and recall having been very impressed with my previous stays as I was this trip. The hotel is still incredibly beautiful and its location is wonderful. The rooms are not at all tired or worn nor are the public areas. The beds are incredibly comfortable, the bathrooms are incredible and the view was great overlooking downtown (Room 1107).

When booking the trip I kind of pushed my friends to stay at this hotel for our visit and they were very happy with the experience. I highly recommend it. We checked in February 16th and checked out February 18th so we obviously were not starting out nor returning from a cruise but I couldn't image a better place to do it from.

My only complaints would be the condensation inside one of the three windows which distorted the view and the somewhat misaligned curtains when they were closed--trivial stuff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for returning to the Pan Pacific Vancouver and for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to read that both you and your friends enjoyed the accommodation and facilities and, of course, the view.

We have passed on your comments regarding the deficiencies noted in your review to our team for follow up and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Pan Pacific Vancouver when your travels next bring you back to British Columbia.
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Really super hotel. Outstanding service from the staff & very nice service in the restaurants.

Do make it a point to ask for a room with a "good" view. They know where it is. Half of the hotel overlooks rail yard and container ships. The other side has a much nicer view of the harbor and mountains in the distance.

Do be aware that around any hotel in that area, you will hear the sea planes taking off and landing as well as the occasional helicopter. It never woke me up at night, but they were certainly buzzing around during the day. The "boom" you hear at 9pm sharp is from the cannon in Stanley Park (which is worth the visit).

Do make an effort to try the very heated rooftop pool. It's an experience that everyone should try at least once. It's most fun in a light snow.

Staff was excellent and accommodating. Parking was expensive >$40. Might be worth using the onsite rental car agency in lieu of parking. Best transport from YVR airport is via rail on the Canada line and then ~ 2 block walk to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's NOT overlooking the rail yard or the city skyline. Higher floors are bett...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PanPacificVancouver, Director of Quality Assurance at Pan Pacific Vancouver, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
It was a pleasure to read your informative review regarding your recent stay at the Pan Pacific Vancouver.

We were pleased you were able to take advantage of our various facilities including our outdoor saltwater pool and enjoy the harbour activities from your accommodation. We are fortunate with our location on the waterfront at Canada Place, which offers guests easy access to public transit, including the Canada Line to the airport, shopping, restaurants and services.

We have noted your comment regarding parking. Like most metropolitan cities in North America, parking in Vancouver is expensive. As such, the Pan Pacific Vancouver has negotiated special parking rates for our guests. For guests with a vehicle, upon check-in, our Front Desk associate can provide guests with a parking pass to enable them to receive these negotiated rates.

We thank you for selecting the Pan Pacific Vancouver for your stay and we hope we will have the privilege to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to Vancouver.
Roswell, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We spent 11 nights at the Pan Pacific while here for a large event next door at the Vancouver Convention Center. We were originally booked into a room on the back corner of the hotel overlooking the rail yard and cargo cranes on the shipping dock. Since we were going to be there for a rather extended stay, we requested a move to a different room and got moved to a 10th floor harbor view room with a terrific view of the water, Stanley Park, the VCC, the sea planes taking off and landing, the Seabus crossing, ships passing by and West and North Vancouver across the water and the magnificent mountains!!! We also had the tops of the iconic Sails of Canada Place just to the right looking out of our windows. The room was spotless and comfortable and I loved the chair next to the window where I could sit and enjoy the view and all of the activity out on the water!! We hated to close the curtains, for fear of missing something interesting or a moment of unusual beauty as the light changed, illuminating the mountains or the lights of the ski resorts on the mountaintops at night. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was was lovely and well-lit with a vanity spacious enough for two. The housekeeping staff was gracious and helpful, as were other hotel staff if we had any questions.
The Pan Pacific is connected via underground access to the Food Court that has about a dozen eateries with all kinds of foods to choose from along with shops such as a Carlton Cards/Post Office. The SkyTrain station is also accessible through this underground route, just follow the signs with arrows pointing the way.
The Vancouver Convention Center is also connected to the Pan Pacific via an underground walk that features artwork and history of Canada's First Nation Peoples. There is also an awards podium, Medals and Olympic Torches from the 2010 Olympic Games along the way, which was really fascinating to see!!! Oh!! I must also mention that the Olympic Cauldron stands outside the VCC and we had the extraordinary treat of seeing it lit for the event that we were there for!!! We have never had the privilege to see one of the Olympic Cauldrons, so, this was very memorable!! There is also a Tourism Vancouver desk along the underground route to the VCC where you can obtain information and book tickets for shows and tours.
The Pan Pacific is also within easy walking distance of many eateries as well as shopping and the Gaslight district.
All in all, the Pan Pacific is a wonderful place to stay while in Vancouver. My only regret...Whose idea was it to book this event the first week of February when the weather is so chilly, grey and rainy? If you visit Vancouver, it would be far better in Spring or Summer when the weather is nicer and the whales are here!!! Much more to go see and do!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
It was a pleasure to read your detailed account of your recent stay at the Pan Pacific Vancouver and to see that you had an opportunity to explore Vancouver.

We were delighted that you found your accommodation comfortable and enjoyed the views from your room. Your comments have been passed on to our team. We are very proud of the calibre of our associates and know they will be pleased that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Pan Pacific Vancouver, should your travels bring you back to Vancouver.
Regina, Saskatchewan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at the Pan Pacific for a conference in December 2012. The accommodations were top notch and the service wonderful. The hotel is easily accessed from Vancouver airport by taking the Canada Line (the last stop is a few blocks from the hotel). Everything about the hotel is world class from the service to the decore. The views overlooking Burrard Inlet are incredible. You can see the seafaring vessels entering the harbour with the beautiful mountains in the background. The location is close to numerous restaurants and a reasonable walk away from the main downtown Vancouver mall. I had previously avoided this hotel due to its high room rates, however, with reasonable conference rates, I am happy that I finally took advantage of the opportunity to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay at the Pan Pacific Vancouver.

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our accommodation and services and that you found our location, just minutes from public transport, restaurants and services, to your liking.

We do hope, now that you have experienced the Pan Pacific Vancouver, that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back for future visits to Vancouver.
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My client booked my stay at this hotel and I was extremely excited as a friend of mine thought it was better than the Shangri-La Vancouver which I stayed at last year and still rave about.

This hotel had lovely aspects, but other than the view, which was breath-taking, was not better than the Shangri-La.

My room had a view of the water and it was truly fantastic. That alone was worth the stay. Room service was surprisingly excellent, fabulous bed, pillows and breakfast delicious with gluten free bread (nice treat for a eggs benne).

My only disappointments (slight) were a dated room (the little things like the tub, decor) and the hotel was a little large, but of course, it's next to a convention centre. I was super surprised that the staff (I asked two) would not accommodate my request of using the fitness before it opened. Most business travelers don't wake at normal hours, and they wouldn't accommodate mine which was certainly a factor in not staying here again.

Make sure you bring your swim suit (I didn't) as there's a roof top hot tub and pool. There's also shopping attached but I didn't see the option until I was leaving.

All in all a great hotel, but I would likely not stay here again.

Room Tip: Room with a view a MUST!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Pan Pacific Vancouver. We are pleased that your client enabled you to experience our accommodation and services.

We are very privileged to be located on the waterfront at Canada Place as this location does provide spectacular views from our accommodation and outlets and we are delighted to read that you enjoyed this aspect of your stay. We apologize that we could not accommodate your request to access our fitness centre prior to our 5am opening time.

We do hope that you will reconsider your decision on your accommodation options for future stays in Vancouver.

Been to Pan Pacific Vancouver? Share your experiences!