“Nice....really nice....but....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Vancouver

You added Pan Pacific Vancouver to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Vancouver
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   300-999 Canada Place Way | Suite 300, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C3B5, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #15 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Seattle, Washington
“Nice....really nice....but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

....not quite perfect.

The service is good.... rather good. But not outstanding.

The room - nice size, nicely appointed, but not outstanding

Parking situation is a bit of a mess, and expensive.

In summary the property is a wee bit old (maybe constructed in the early eighties?) and you can see a bit of wear, tear and age here and there. The property could use a general refresh. I would say if it were a Holiday Inn it would have exceeded expectations....but as a Pan Pacific....it just seemed a bit lacking.

We were traveling with a promotional deal via Groupon and received an outstanding value for the dollar (the complimentary hors d'oeuvre and drinks on the VIP floor where we were staying was great!!), but had we paid full freight I might have been a bit disappointed...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
PanPacificVancouver, Director of Quality Assurance at Pan Pacific Vancouver, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us on our Pacific Club Floor.

Your comments have been forwarded to our management team for their review. We always appreciate receiving feedback from our guests and it allows us to evaluate our services and facilities.

We hope we will have another opportunity to welcome your back to the Pan Pacific Vancouver should you be returning to Vancouver.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (700)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here for work during IDS West. The hotel was very nice with large rooms and great views. It was what I expected as far as a nicer hotel goes.

The location was great. I was there for work and the Convention Centre was right next door. I walked around pretty much all of downtown Vancouver while I was there, and found this place convenient to do so. I also had a morning off so I went to Capilano Suspension Bridge and they had shuttle buses to and from right outside the front of the hotel.

The pool was cool too. On the roof of part of the hotel at the 8th floor, you have the buildings of downtown on one side and the inner harbour on the other side. Great spot to relax.

The cost wasn't an issue since I wasn't paying, so it's hard for me to say if I would come back. If I could afford it at the time, I'd definitely want to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
It was a pleasure to read your review regarding your recent visit to the Pan Pacific Vancouver to attend a conference.

The Pan Pacific Vancouver enjoys a privileged location at Canada Place and we are delighted you were able to take advantage of our convenient access to downtown services, restaurants and shopping and, as you mentioned in your review, the shuttle to the North Shore attractions of Capilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain.

We were also pleased you had time to relax and enjoy our outdoor, saltwater pool.

Should you have another opportunity to return to Vancouver, whether for business or pleasure, we hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Pan Pacific Vancouver.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Four couples, me and my friends had dinner this evening at the Pan Pacific. ( Italian Opera Dinner). The food was great. Place was cozy and clean. We had fun during the dinner took lots of pictures. When we had to pay our bills. It all went downhill from there. Larisa, the russian, was our server and she screwed up our bills. She gave the wrong change to the wrong person and blamed me for it. She embarrassed me in front of my friends like I took their change. She was the one who gave it to me! We paid up in full with tip and told her "No change." When she gave us the receipt and there was change. And we thought she didn't want the tip. So we took the change. And my other friend was looking for her change. She was confused and she did not even apologize for making a mistake. Instead made it worse by telling me "Give me the money please." Her approached was not nice and I was embarrassed to all my friends. Now we are having seconds thoughts coming to eat there again. One of the most embarrassing moments.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
PanPacificVancouver, Director of Quality Assurance at Pan Pacific Vancouver, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent dining experience at our Cafe Pacifica.

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your meal and the ambiance of the Opera Buffet and entertainment with your friends and will pass on your kind words to our culinary team and Singers.

We were, however, extremely disappointed to read of your unfortunate experience with your Server. We apologize that your evening was diminished by this experience and have followed up with our Cafe Management who will be contacting you directly.

Again, please accept our apologies. We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to redeem our reputation.
suffolk, uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel is right on the harbour so has good views. It is also where all the cruise ships arrive, so there is lots going on ,and it's nice to walk around this area. This is a very large and slick hotel - our room was very good, clean and well appointed with very unobtrusive housekeeping. Breakfast was good quality and of similar price to other hotels on our tour. You can pick up the tour buses outside for trips around Vancouver and it isn't a huge walk into the centre either. We liked Gastown, which is a very short walk from the hotel, where there are some nice restaurants.
All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I visit Vancouver about once a year, and usually I stay by the airport just because I know I'll get a decent hotel at a decent rate, plus I've had a few bad experiences booking through travel websites, and ended up in shady hotels in bad areas of Vancouver.
I got a show rate: $169/night for the Pan Pacific, and what a deal.
The hotel is beautiful, perfectly situated, loaded with amenities, comfortable, and welcoming. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mission
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Booked a high level corner room, so great views. Nice pool with good temperature.
Comfortable bed, clean room. Received a good discount as BC resident.
Had free parking and late book out time with this particular room:) Would stay again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms - large with great views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've stayed at the Pan Pacific twice for work. The views out to the water are great and the location is good for work. The beds are very comfortable and the well equipped.

If you're here for a short stay, I would recommend finding a hotel near Robson Street, where all the shopping and restaurants are located. Since downtown Vancouver is pretty small, you can pretty much walk to any location within 30 minutes.

If you're here for vacation, this place is on the higher side but, the views from your room (if you have a room facing the water) and the comfortable beds do make up for some of it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Pan Pacific Vancouver? Share your experiences!