“This property is worth more visits” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Pacific Rim

Save Saved
You added Fairmont Pacific Rim to your Saves list
Fairmont Pacific Rim
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1038 Canada Place, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 0B9, Canada (Coal Harbour)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% Off Room & Dining!
Ranked #4 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, BC
“This property is worth more visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

Attending an evening event we prebooked for a night stay so we could enjoy ourselves and avoid our local drinking laws that make police both judge and jury.
Hotel staff were incredible, genuine friendly, helpful and attentive. Rooms are very modern and very comfortable and well designed. The light switches are fun but I can see would be confusing if you've not encountered before. A user card to explain operation may be of help. Had a king room water view, the bed and linens were exceptional, we didn't want to get up in morning. TV monitor in the bathroom mirror - I've got to get me one of these!
Were there on Friday night so lounge in lobby was bustling and had great jazz quartet ... nice venue to have a drink before retiring.
We always spend a couple of winter weekend getaways in our city and this hotel is now on our list of must stays.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

1,173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

Unbelievable rooms. Everything is automated, lights, drapes, etc. Very comfortable beds. Evening turndown service. Best hotel gym ever! Great equipment, bottled water, fruit, etc... Lounge & Restaurants were fantastic. Valet service is brutal though. Everytime we need the vehicle, it was at least a 20 minute wait. We paid $379/night for a mountainview, king suite.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

We ended up in the Fairmont Pacific Rim for one night due to overbooking in our original hotel. I must say that stay in this property was a very pleasant surprise. I loved everything about it. We walked into a lobby on Saturday night, after 7 hours of traveling and found it bustling with a wedding party. Despite all that, we never felt out of place, the check in was brief and courteous and we were shown to our room within few minutes after arrival. Our room was facing an office building next door, but it did not deter me, in the city, it is rare to have a truly exceptional view, and I was not planning to spend lots of time in the room anyway.
The beds were one of the best hotel beds I have slept on. I loved the level of firmness, the sheets and the cleanliness. The lights / curtain controls were interesting and I did not find them hard to operate. As many reviewers mentioned before me, there was TV in the mirror, and we all loved it since it was one of those things that you rarely see in hotels!
Concierge service was exceptional. I have talked to 3 of them over the course of stay, and all three were very pleasant, and provided valuable recommendations.
Location was very close to waterfront, Stanley Park and to Skytrain and Tram. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the hotel's restaurant. It had a nice variety and not crowded. I especially enjoyed my green tea that was served in the cast-iron tea kettle with the warmer!
All of the staff that we encountered was very pleasant and helpful. Checkout was quick and we were on our way to explore the city. When I come back to Vancouver, I would certainly not hesitate to book this lovely hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Arriving at the hotel:
I just get off the skytrain which is a *tough* 3.5 blocks away (and I say tough because it's a series of uphills and downhills on what seemed like cobblestone sidewalks in downtown), I'm rolling a heavy suitcase with a laptop case piled on top and a heavy purse...needless to say, I'm huffing and puffing. And it's 60 degrees out. I finally reach my hotel and before I could even reach the front door, a doorman comes up to me and asks for my name. I reluctantly tell him and upon briefly checking his list, he informs me that I am checked in and he already has my key. You don't know how relieved I was to realize I didn't have to stand in any kind of line or even talk to a receptionist. All I had to do was walk to the elevators and go to my room. It was like spotting an oasis of water in a desert. In fact, there were two complimentary bottles of water (and chocolates) waiting for me in the room!

The room:
I booked a harbor-facing, king bed room on the 10th floor. Well, it's not the largest room I've ever stayed in, but they spared no expense when it came to the little extras and made it feel like I was VIP. The lights are ultra-high tech. All controlled by a touch switchpad. One by the door, the desk, and at bedside. Very convenient. It made going around a hotel room turning off lamps with a turn of a black knob seem so ancient and barbaric.

I LOVED the tv behind the mirror. I loved the deep soaking tub even more. Especially because it was spotless. For once, I actually felt comfortable taking a bath in a hotel bathroom. With my clothes off. The plush, white robes were a nice touch too. Made me feel like a filthy rich millionaire.

The bed was super-comfy. I actually want to purchase the sheets and comforter for my own house!!

The view from my balcony was nice, but from the 10th floor, the view of the harbor was partially blocked by the convention center. Not horrible, but not great either.

One word of caution: do NOT under any circumstances make a long-distance phone call. It costs $6.75 for the first minute and $2.50 for each additional minute. I found out the hard way. For a 9-minute phone call back home in the states, I had to promise my first born child. However if you sign up with the Fairmont's President's Club ahead of time, you get free internet access in your room everyday. That was a plus.

The service:
VERY friendly staff here. Every time I called the front desk, I would get a personal greeting and never waited more than 30 secs to get a real person on the phone. The housekeeping staff is also ultra-nice and meticulous.

The bartending staff in the lobby was excellent. They are really friendly (in a real *friend* kind of way, not a fakey hotel-service kind of way). I enjoyed the drinks and food I had there. Although it was pricey, it was worth it for the people-watching and convenience.

I never actually made it to the spa, but when I called there, the receptionist was very friendly and informative. They were even willing to extend their Mon-Thurs. special to me on a Friday. Usually day spas are not very flexible with their specials.

Checking out:
So, this is one place where the hotel could improve. Since I asked that my bill be broken down in a different way, it took upwards of 10 minutes. The couple next to me also ran into a snag and were there for longer than they wanted. It seems that during a time when every guest is presumably trying to catch a flight, they should have more knowledgeable and quicker staff at the checking out process.

All in all, this is a very classy, modern boutique hotel that is in a very good location in downtown Vancouver. I would venture to say that all the action in Vancouver happens within 5 miles (or less) of this hotel. Robson street is within walking distance and Yaletown is 2 stops away on the skytrain. (I'm sure there are numerous other examples of fun areas around the downtown area that I'm not aware of.)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Nordkapp Municipality, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

What to say about the hotel if you feel sorry every time when you have to leave the room ?
Without any doubt - this hotel is one of the best city hotels I ever stayed. The rooms are simply perfect, the staff friendly and smiling all the time, breakfast is awesome, the location couldn't be better.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

This is the third or forth time I have stayed at this beautiful Hotel, and finally I had to shout out how truly amazing the guest experience is. The management must handpick staff carefully and treat their people with a lot of care and concern, because that feeling cascades down to their guests. The smiles are genuine, the concern real, the atmosphere down to earth and so West Coastish. The Hotel Lobby and bar is absolutely out of this world, the views of the Ocean and Mountains amazing, the rooms are beautiful, large, comfortable and make you feel like you are home. You can walk anywhere downtown from this Hotel. Unbelievable place to stay. Treat yourself to at least one nite here, you will want to stay forever.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

This is a super new Hotel, just recently opend (I believe 9 month ago). The hotel's style is very modern with stylish interior und large rooms. Located directly opposite the Convention Center and the coastline, 5 minutes from Stanley Park etc. almost everything is within walking distance. Breakfast is one of the best I have had in Hotels so far. A plus is also the gym and (small) outdoor pool.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Fairmont Pacific Rim? Share your experiences!