“Great Concierge, Rude Valet, Large Bathroom & Overcharged!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Pacific Rim

You added Fairmont Pacific Rim to your Saves list
Fairmont Pacific Rim
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1038 Canada Place, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 0B9, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
10% off Room & Dining
Ranked #2 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Kent, Washington
“Great Concierge, Rude Valet, Large Bathroom & Overcharged!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim 2 times this past summer. The first time was excellent—I was upgraded to a room that had a harbor view (which was beautiful). My review is going to be a consolidated description of my experience from the 2 times I visited the hotel.

Arrival (I'll start with the bad):
On my 2nd stay at the Pacific Rim, I drove up to the Valet since self parking wasn't available due to space unlike the first time I visited. I drove around the driveway adjacent to the front of the hotel next to the large sign. There was a line of cars that were in a row so I was waiting for one of them to clear the area. THEN, I was quickly scolded and yelled at by the driver in the last car in that row "YOU CAN'T PARK HERE, GET OUT OF THERE!" Appalled and caught off guard thinking he was just the driver who owned that car, I then noticed that he was in fact one of the valet employees because of his Top hat and uniform. WOW... I had to explain to him that I was not parking on the driveway and I was in fact waiting for one of the cars to clear the way so I can get my car valeted, you know, because I was left with no alternate choice. He glared at me as I drove away, which I really did not appreciate. Anyways, that was internally noted and I definitely let staff know inside of this rude welcoming that I received upon arrival. Great.

The Room:
The rooms are clean. The bed was probably the best bed I've slept in at a hotel—both time's I visited I was well rested and comfortable. The size of the room is very spacious. Lot's of detail and thought were put into the room, for example: underneath the entertainment system there was a white chinese take out box that had condoms and lube (perfect for couples staying here), next to the bathtub was a small box that had a plastic bag of bath salts (great for using in the spacious bath tub). There's also the obvious traits of the room that everyone on Trip Advisor LOVES to note: ipad in the room, tv in the mirror, yadda yadda yadda. One thing that I love to note though is the scent of their Rose 31 bath/skin products smell AMAZING! If you love the hint of rose—you'll love this scent! Classy and elegant!

The Concierge Service
Amazing. The blonde woman who helped us with dinner was very informative of what was around the area and extremely helpful. After walking to the Cactus Club and back to the hotel with no luck of being seated within an hour, the concierge picked up her phone and called the restaurant to tell them guests at the Pacific Rim will be arriving and to get us seated as quickly as possible. My jaw just about dropped to the floor after she said they are expecting my friend and I and will be seated in about 15 minutes. WOW! That was pretty rad.

Pool, Jacuzzi and Outdoor Bar
The facilities outside were great! The pool was a decent size but I was more impressed by the Cabanas that had flat screen TVs! The pool staff were very gregarious and the drinks that my friend and I received (Tequila Sunrise and some sort of spiked fruit punch) were delicious. My problem was that I tipped them 20 percent, but when I looked at the bill after going home they had somehow got confused (not sure if it was intentional) and tipped 320%. I don't quite know how a sane person would think tipping $50 for just 2 drinks is normal (and I'm not even a celebrity ^__^). i called the hotel upon arriving at home and they immediately credited me back that money. TIP: upon check out, review your bill—I had failed to do so.

In total, I had a pretty good experience at the Fairmont Pacific Rim—not perfect but not extremely lousy. 4 stars would do—I travel to Vancouver often and am interested if the next visit would beat the first 2 (and if there could be a potential rating change from a 4 to 5—it seems like everyone rated this a 5/5)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We were in Vancouver to visit some friends in April 2012 and us guys really wanted to impress our women so we decided to book a Jr. Suite at the Pac Rim for a night. This place is stunning, from the architecture to the service to the food, everything is done right.

We had left the hotel to go find a liquor store and stopped at the concierge to ask where we should go. Upon returning to our room there were glasses and ice waiting for us (with some water as well). This had really surprised us as we didn't mention our room number or anything, and were told "we have our ways" when asked how they knew. The service the whole time there was great and I would definitely stay at this hotel the next time I am in Vancouver.

• Stayed April 2013
Arnhem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was here on a business trip and stayed here 3 days. Although a little bit expensive I enjoyed the room, the swimming pool, and the best bathroom ever! They even had an television in the mirror! The staff was also very friendly. I enjoyed every minute of it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim during your recent business travels to Vancouver. We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed every minute of your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest
Alamosa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Yes, expensive but worth it for location and and atmosphere. Spacious and comfortable. Staff outstanding. Air conditioner was not working in room and maintenance arrived very quickly and fixed. Great views and within walking distance of shopping and activities. The restaurant was EXCELLENT (yes, expensive) and very relaxed and comfortable. Would love to spend more time there.

Room Tip: Can only speak about one room but can't imagine any to be bad.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Livermore, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We (family of 4) stayed here for 3 nights recently. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it is fancy no doubt, with an iPad to open your window blinds, and a projection TV on your bathroom mirror.... but my wallet paid the price for this extravagance.... :( The buffet breakfast was very expensive but offered unlimited smoked salmon, so are are getting what you pay for, almost..... This was a fun ONE TIME experience for my family. It made us realize why we don't stay at ridiculously expensive hotels normally............. because, guess what......... they are ridiculously expensive....... :)

Room Tip: we paid for a premium room but were assigned one without a balcony....... maybe their front desk sta...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I stay there with my family for a discover of Vancouver and this was wonderful . Team member were friendly and attentive. They were good help to find our way in the city.i choose fairmont due to its reputation in Canada and it did not disappoint me at all.

• Stayed March 2013
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
We’re glad you were not disappointed. Hope to have you and your family stay with us again.
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Location of this modern hotel is terrific! We were in a double queen bed room with a spectacular view. The room is huge, big enough for a family of 4 without feeling tight. Beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean. The housekeeping tried to make us feel at home, thank you. The marble bathroom is very nice and there is a tv on the mirror. There is also complimentary nespresso coffee. No free Wi-Fi but you will find an iPad in your room that controls everything, from the lights in you rooms to the vallet parking to have your car waiting for you downstairs. You will be able to access internet from this iPad.

The ground floor is very lively in evenings, we were there from Thursday to Sunday and every evening the lobby was full and loud with a band or singer on stage.

We tried the restaurant on the second floor, extremely good food and service. We could have had a better advise for the wine.

My only concern was that the price that we paid booking through the travel agency was 40% higher than if we had book directly with the hotel, so I can only recommend to check that before booking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time and writing your review and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Feel free to sign up to our Fairmont Presidents Club (it’s free) https://www.fairmont.com/fpc/ and in addition to many other benefits you also receive complimentary high speed internet access at any Fairmont property. Next time you are en route to Vancouver go directly to our website for best available rates.

Been to Fairmont Pacific Rim? Share your experiences!