A great location in the centre of Vancouver.
This chic hotel immediately catches the eye on entry, with it's large modern glass fire place and live music in the early evening, creating a lively ambience.
Check-in was friendly and one knew just by the corridors leading to the rooms, that the stay was going to be comfortable.
On entry, the room was fresh and stylish, with all amenities such as: full minibar, Nespresso coffee making facilities, safe, modern TV including a further TV with remote control in the bathroom mirror and thoughtful touches like an umbrella.
The sound system was great, with a cable pack to connect just about any device you may have. An IPad was available in addition, which further functioned as a remote control for opening the electric curtains and drapes, adjusting the heating and mood lighting etc.
The ability to switch to low level lighting changed the dynamics of the room and made for a great movie night.
For the none techie guests, all the above could be controlled by buttons on the wall.
Having specifically chose a poolside room, the balcony led directly onto the pool deck with its outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, both heated to allow swimming in the Canadian rain !
The bathroom was spacious with separate tub and walk in shower, bathrobes, plenty of fluffy towels and toiletries.
Only slight negative was wardrobe space, being a tad small.
In summary, not cheap, but worth every penny (cent). Would I return? Yes, in a heart beat.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With unobstructed views of the harbour and mountains, Fairmont Pacific Rim is a newcomer to an area rich in history and intrigue. Located in the heart of the historic port and financial district, the hotel fronts one of Vancouver’s most celebrated streetscapes with unobstructed views of the North Shore Mountains, Stanley Park and Coal Harbour. Sophisticated and cosmopolitan but casual and contemporary, this downtown Vancouver hotel combines the best of Asia and the west coast in its plan, décor, and culinary offerings. Designed with five star standards and amenities, the 377-room luxury Vancouver hotel features lavish appointments, naturally inspired materials, comfortable furnishings and state-of-the-art technology. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Fairmont Pacific Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.