“Avoid this place. Dishonest and dirty business.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Komfort Properties

Komfort Properties
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vancouver
Komfort Properties
887 Helmcken St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1B1, Canada (Downtown)   |
Calgary, Canada
“Avoid this place. Dishonest and dirty business.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

We stayed in February and payed an exhorbitant amount of money. Upon arrival it was evident that the 1 bedroom apt had not been cleaned- clothes in the dryer, dishes in the dishwasher, food in the fridge and the bathroom had been recently used. We were given one key which we gave to a member of our family thinking the concierge could let us in. We could not get into the room though because the locks had been changed and the concierge did not have a key. We waited in the hallway for 45 minutes until the owner came by- a most disagreeable sort he was too. When we made our concerns known, we were promised 2 free nights which Komfort properties has refused to confirm. This is disappointing to say the least and discouraging that people would goudge others in this way.

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

I suppose the fact that "komfort executive rental properties" can't even spell it's own name properly should have been a clue about what to expect. This is because in my opinion there is nothing whatsoever "comfortable" about their entire creepy operation.

A little background: "Komfort" advertises on Expedia and Hotels.com. On submitting a reservation request the client is given an address to go to in downtown Vancouver, great for those Van based Olympic events right? However they neglect to tell you that this is not where your actual suite will be located and that you may ultimately have to walk dozens of blocks to the real location or wait in their sketchy office for a taxi. Good luck if you show up in the rain in an unfamiliar city hoping for a quick check in to a comfortable suite cuz it ain't gonna happen!

I was assigned to a tiny, dingy, dirty and smelly suite in a building that seemed to be full of undesirables. Elevators reeked of marijuana and the suite itself was ugly, poorly furnished (bed with wheels?!) complete with dirty linens. All the charm of a trick pad (which it may very well have been in a previous incarnation) Job 1 was to go to the Bay and buy new pillows, towels and sheets (first time I've ever had to do that in a $500/night hotel room)

The "great view" that the manager babbled about was in fact a full frontal shot of Harbour Center with peripheral views of North Van, not something to write home about, not that view is the reason I was there.

I left after two days (had paid for 3) because I couldn't stand it anymore and asked for a refund.

Checked into Le Soleil on Hornby @ 1/2 the nightly cost and had a very nice last evening in beautiful Vancouver! See my TA review!
No comfort in Komfort!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

Okay I am going to be straight with you all…first night of check-in the room smells like an ashtray whether the cleaners were smoking whilst cleaning the room or the guests before us were smoking in the room, OH DID IT SMELL! (we requested a non-smoking room)
However Komfort properties did an amazing job by covering the smell with an air freshener! *sarcasm*
Rubbish was found underneath the pull out sofa bed, you name it; cigarettes (who would of guessed?) lolly wrappers and food scraps, broken kitchenware and hard base (without any mattress) beds. But what scared us more was the stranger that came into our apartment at 7 am one morning. We were awoken by this unknown man who had left as quickly as he came… No, that stranger was not a cleaner, not a security guard and definitely should not have had access to apartment during the time we booked. We advised check in staff of the stranger however they did not take it seriously.
For the record I think they should look into changing the company name because not once did we feel comfortable at the Komfort properties.

Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

I rented a 1 Bedroom Luxury Condo Sleeps 4, Adults
I confirmed my reservation via e-mail 3 Times this unit sleeps 4, Adults
What we got was a bed that is just inches above the floor, but 2 Adults could sleep.
Pull out love seat that is smaller than a twin.
No bedding all was in the washer and dryer, the dryer did not finish so
Everything in it was damp; Washer was full of water with the rest of the bedding.
Heat was down so we took towels and clothes to try and stay warm.
The 4th adult tried the chair trick to sleep.
To top it off we had a party going on next door. Walls are like paper and we were not invited. Called management, from phone number on the kitchen, 2-3 hours later
About midnight no returned call. We packed up and left, when confronted manager
He said if you sleep 4 you need our air mattress. With that thinking I guess you can say
It sleeps 8 just stretch out those air mattresses. Manager insisted NO REFUNDS regardless.
We paid $934, for one night, the park would have been more comfortable and Free.

Edmonton, AB, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

We booked this property through Hotels.ca which advertised it's location as being a certain address. The reality is the address belongs to their check in desk, and the actual properties could be up to kilometers (or over a mile) away. The couple checking in at the same time as us was not even given a room in the downtown core itself (as advertised) and had much further to go then we did, This was a big deal to us as we had used location as the basis for selecting this "hotel" as we wished to stay close to friends.

After the long walk to our assigned room we were shocked at it's state of repair and lack of cleanliness. There were rings around the tub and sink, stains on the walls, and cigarette holes burned through the carpet. The furniture appeared to be purchased from a thrift store, there was no phone (as advertised), no LCD TV (as advertised) and the optional sleeping for a third person (which we fortunately didn't have) consisted of an air mattress on the floor of the enclosed balcony. The bed was small, perhaps a double, and at 6'2" was unable to sleep comfortably on it.

You almost have to be careful with checkout time at this Hotel as checkout time is the time you must return the keys to the office, so if you don't have a cat you'll have to vacate the room 1/2 hour early to make time for the walk back to the check in office.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

My husband and I are seasoned travelers, and relatively easy going when it comes to accomodation. We have stayed everywhere from hostels to 5 star hotels, and had great experiences in each. I know that your accomodations aren't always going to be perfect, but this property was beyond the realm of bad.

First off, the dodgy office on Helmcken is NOT where you will be staying. It's simply a rental company that has suites around the city. Our room was actually located a 20 minute walk from that office. Thank goodness we packed light, because it could have been a nasty trip. Also, they made us leave a $950.00 deposit for possible damage to the room. As if we could have made it worse than it was.

From the outside, all seemed well. We were in Vancouver to take in some Olympic activities, and this was right in the thick of it. However, when we got to the 24th floor we were in for a surprise. The room was beat up- scuffs on the wall, second hand furniture (looked like it had come from someone's parents' basement), cigarette burns in the dingy area rug in the living room. It stunk like stale cigarette smoke. It was filthy- the counter hadn't been wiped down, it was dusty, the floor had clearly not been swept in months, the windows were grimy, and the tub was so dirty I was afraid of what diseases my bare feet might pick up. We found towels in the closet, but I'm not sure they were clean. Because it's a condo, it had a kitchen, but there was not a chance that I would ever cook in there given the filth. The bed was soft and old, and again, I'm not sure if the sheets were clean or not.

When we returned our keys the next day and told the office people about the place, there response was interesting. One asked the other "When's the last time one of us has been in there?" Clearly, this company doesn't check up on their properties on a regular basis, so they have no idea what's going on. They were quite surprised to hear about our experience.

There is not a chance in the world that I would ever rent from Komfort properties again. I'd rather sleep on the beach.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

We are seasoned travelers who normally stay at Westins, W's, Sheraton, Fairmonts or Hiltons. If you fall into this category, this place is definitely not the place for you. First of all, the advertised location is NOT where you will be staying, that is where the very unorganized two bit office is located. You will be staying in a residential condo elsewhere in the city. We are a family of three & the condo we were given was clean with fairly new furniture except for the bed, which my 6'3" husband didn't fit into. There was no bedding available for the pullout couch & the one quilt that was left in the closet for the main bedroom had some marks on it that made us leave it on the floor. So we had to use our clothing out of our suitcase as blankets at night. There were only two towels for three people to use, no hand towels or facecloths. Had I known I needed this stuff I would have brought it. Every time we left the condo, we never knew if we'd get back in because the keys to the doors stuck so badly we had to fight with it every time. Although there was a brand new mac computer & a nice canon printer, we couldn't print our boarding passes because there was no printer cable for the printer. Upon check in, they hand you a file folder with their business card stapled to it and your receipt inside (very rinky dink) . At this point of my life, I am beyond this type of accommodation & perhaps should have paid the Fairmont the $1,200/night they wanted during the Olympics.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Komfort Properties? Share your experiences!