“Great hotel near Harbour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coast Coal Harbour Hotel

You added Coast Coal Harbour Hotel to your Saves list
Coast Coal Harbour Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1180 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 4R5, Canada (Coal Harbour)   |
Ranked #15 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Great hotel near Harbour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay.
The location is near the Harbour so close for a stroll in the morning. They have a covered entrance which helps when raining. The staff are efficient yet informative. The lobby is sparse but the amenities are many.
Loved our corner king room on the 10th floor. Spacious and floor to ceiling windows. Some street noise but minor.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to a return visit when next in Vancouver.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Finnish first
Hanover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great visit to Whistler with a two day lay over in Vancouver at end at the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel. Incredibly convenient location, reasonable prices with Hotwire, and beautiful spacious rooms. One room for us, one for our kids for under $200 Canadian a night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I took my daughter and her friend to The Coast March 12 and 14. From the moment we stepped out of the car to the moment we left, the staff were amazing. Everyone said hi every time you passed by, including the cleaners.
The room was clean and comfortable and the location was perfect, right across the street from the sea wall.
But the thing that most impressed me was, while on my way to the Fraser Valley, I realized I was missing a ring. I called the hotel and was told the cleaner would look for it. I got a call a short time later saying it was not found. I was so sad because it was sentimental.
A couple of hours later I got another call from the hotel telling me that my ring had been found.
I am very impressed with the honesty and care I experienced by the amazing staff. They will be mailing the ring to me.

Room Tip: We had a corner room so two of the walls were all glass. It was lovely.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Port Moody, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The room was very quiet and comfortable, there were windows from floor to ceiling and I was in a corner on the 15th floor. Great staff, great food (catered conference) and great comfort. They are a very eco friendly hotel, with even compost bins in the room. They invited us to take our soap bar home to reduce waste, or whatever sample size bottle we used.

Stanley Park is nearby and there is a waterfront park just a block away that just looks fabulous.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Thank you.

Room Tip: Unless you're afraid of heights, higher is better :-)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have had mixed, uneven experiences with Coast hotel chain depending on location. But in my experience, the Coast Coal Harbour operation is the one of the most by-the-book, bureaucratic and impersonal places I have ever stayed at.

My first visit was related to a large conference organized by my organization, which brought a nice chunk of business to the hotel. The service was a little uneven, and we were getting nickel & dimed for everything. But the location was also relatively new at the time, so we took it in stride. I returned on business again last year, and was less than impressed with the price my agency paid for a few smallish rooms, noise, overworked staff, and a somewhat indifferent, churlish check in experience at the front desk. But my organization covered the bill, and it was a one-night stay, so I did not complain.

The last visit and worst visit at occurred a couple months ago - low season - on an unexpected late night stopover. All I can say is that it was a disheartening experience all around. I was exhausted after a week of travel related to a family health issue, and arrived late. This time though, I was not on agency business associated with big dollars. Great opportunity to see the true colors of an operation. Mistakes, delays, denied service, and defensive, indifferent management. I don't need to relive the experience, but suffice to say that I will do my best to ensure that our agency does not do business this particular entity again.

Side note: Like many North Americans age 40+, I consider repeated use of the term "Sir" (or "Ma'am"), especially by 20-something service staff, to be highly impersonal, if not downright irritating. Coast Coal Harbour: "Sir, can I help you", "Please wait, Sir" "That's our policy, Sir. There is nothing we can do, Sir. Is there anything else we can do to make your stay more pleasant, Sir?" Ugh.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights and received an upgrade without asking for it. Great location in Vancouver, just a couple of blocks away from the water, convention centre and shopping areas. The room itself was huge with modern amenities, a super comfortable king sized bed and a nice bathtub/shower. The food for room service was average and I wouldn't recommend the on-site restaurant. Check out was extremely efficient.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were provided with an early check in which was greatly appreciated following a 14 hr flight from Sydney. Room was excellently presented. Not to fancy but appealing. Baby crib which was provided to us after check in was clean and in a "as new" condition. Spa is outdoors which is nice. Great experience for reasonable price.

Room Tip: Great view from room 2010
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Coast Coal Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!