“Excellent downtown location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coast Coal Harbour Hotel

You added Coast Coal Harbour Hotel to your Saves list
Coast Coal Harbour Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1180 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 4R5, Canada (Coal Harbour)   |
Ranked #15 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Woodbridge
“Excellent downtown location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I had an excellent, quiet room, with a north and west view. The north view was across Burrard Inlet, and the west view was into buildings nearby. The hotel is in easywalking distance of transit and SkyTrain, and most downtown locations. It's a new property and well kept up. Friendly staff!

Room Tip: The best views are to the north.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kathryn M, Manager at Coast Coal Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear 416Traveller2013,
Thank you for taking the time to post your great comments on TripAdvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Finnish first
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stay at this Hotel regularly due to business. The Hotel staff are excellent, always very cheerful and helpful. The front desk staff and door staff always go out of their way to assist. The rooms are consistently clean and very well decorated/modern for a hotel in this price range. The restaurant and other faciities are excellent. Good location, few blocks to shopping and entertainment.

Dear Mary M,
Thank you for your comments. It is such a delight to see comments posted from a regular travel guest of ours. This speaks to consistency of our delivery and product which is something that we strive for.
I look forward to meeting you personally on a future visit.
seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This hotel is more like a 3 1/2 star. The rooms have very thin walls, pool is located outside but picture makes it look inside, bell staff in nice but clueless about what to recommend, large blue sign on building next door lights up room at night.

Room Tip: Use room77.com to check out room views.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear sfmichaela,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on-line. We value feedback posted as it allows us an opportunity to grow and evolve our experiences in our effort to be the downtown Vancouver location of choice. I am sorry to hear that there are concerns that you have expressed that we may not be able to address.
All the best in your future travels.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Hard to say its overly good nor average.. Ill say i had a good stay.. People are there to help you for anything you may ask especially my trip was my first time being in Van City.. I heard the restaurant is good.. This location is also close to some more good and affordable ones outside.. I regret renting a car not knowing transit system is perfectly located and parking a car is ubber expensive in that area.. Luckily a friend lend me a spot.. Gym is perfectly layed out with the outdoor pool..Other than that this hotel offer deals sometimes that will beat a 3 star hotel price and knowing this is a 4-4.5 star feel to it..

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Ninzm,
Thank you for your review. As we are situated in an outstanding downtown location, and downtown Vancouver parking can be a bit pricey throughout, your comments regarding no need for a car rental is well said.
If there is anything else that we could have done have provided you with a five point rating during your trip, please feel free to reach out to us personally so that we may follow-up.
Prince Rupert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

In Vancouver on business. Awesome views and great location. The room and facility exceeded my expectations. I didn't try the restaurant but it looked cool and funky (definitely worth trying if traveling with my spouse - I ate across the street at the urban fare market which was great for a more casual vibe for being on my own). I was really impressed at the genuine and evident commitment of the Coast to reducing their environmental footprint which is important to my organization and me. I highly recommend the Coast Coal Harbour.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pomojack,
Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay with us at Coast Coal Harbour Hotel.
Your observations regarding our restaurant, Preston's, are correct. It is a refreshingly local dining experience and we invite you to check us out when you return.
Please come again soon.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have never stayed at a Coast Hotel before and I was pleasantly surprised! I arrived late in the evening and Rachel checked me in and was incredibly friendly and helpful. I asked if I could have a harbour view and she juggled things around to accommodate.

The room was nice clean and modern and I had a great view! I did use the business center to print some documents and it was very well equipped.

Overall a very nice hotel and I would go out of my way to stay here again!

Dear Madmac3,
Thank you for your great comments. As a first time visitor to the Coast Coal Harbour, we are thrilled to hear that your experience will encourage you to stay with us again and has gained your travel loyalty with out brand.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Great room, parking or breakfast included in great rate,(typical parking downtown Vancouver for overnight is $40) upgraded us to a corner room on upper floor with Harbour view. Room is spaciousI (300 Sq. Ft.) with modern lav. Very quite and complimentary Starbucks Coffee. A great short or long term option for downtown Vancouver vacation or business. PS. Free wifi in room.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Jason E,
You have posted great comments about your stay with us, thank you very much for those. We would also love to hear how we could have achieved a five point rating, or how to achieve that in the future. Please feel free to contact us directly.
Enjoy your travels.
K

Been to Coast Coal Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!