“Disrespectful of our time and effort” 1 of 5 stars

You added Kitsilano Garden Suites to your Saves list
Kitsilano Garden Suites
3500 West 1st Ave, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Kitsilano)   |
Ohio
“Disrespectful of our time and effort”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

I contacted Margaret Olney about a 1 week stay during the Olympics. She immediately responded (via e-mail) that the time I requested was open. I sent an e-mail back saying I would like to book the suite. Margaret did not return mutiple phone messages or e-mails over the following week. When I finally reached her via her cell phone, she informed me that she had taken a 2 month booking the day after I had told her I wanted the suite! Essentially, we were bumped for a better offer and Margaret couldn't even be bothered to let us know! In the meantime, the cost of our flight went up and we were forced to look for alternate accommodations.

In short, the suite looks lovely--too bad the booking agent doesn't have manners to match.

• Stayed January 2010
Margaret O, Manager at Kitsilano Garden Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
The person who complained first contacted me in early January 2010, the year of the Olympics in Vancouver. As we all know, Vancouver was the destination for the world for February 2010 and therefore inquiries for suites increased immensely and everyone was asking for the same two weeks of February. I had numerous daily inquiries for my two suites in Kitsilano for the Olympic period. The potential guest who complained only inquired about my availability and rates when they first contacted me and I had the dates available that they wanted. However, they did not book the suite nor did they put a deposit down on the suite. They stated they had to get their flight arrangements in order and would get back to me. Some time passed before they did this... it was more than a couple of days or so, it was more than a week. Unfortunately, when they did get back to me, I had booked the suite.
I never promised to hold the suite for them and when/if I do, I always inform people that they have 48 hours to get back to me. Contrary to what they are saying this person did not get back to me in a timely fashion and therefore they lost out on booking the suite. I did not raise my rates for the Olympics; I was offering a very good product for a reasonable rate and they did not make a decision on the spot. Because of their delay in making a commitment to me, they lost out and are now trying to ruin my business when it was their tardiness and lack of commitment that is the reason they did not get a booking.

Thank you, Margaret.

Solo
GB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

My wife and I recently returned from a most enjoyable extended stay at the 1 bedroomed Kitsilano Garden Suite. The prime purpose of our visit was to attend our son's wedding in Vancouver, and subsequently we were accompanied by our daughter and her boyfriend, who stayed in the adjoining Studio Suite.
Both suites are exceptionally spacious and comfortable,and are very well equipped and spotlessly clean with lovely private gardens and seating areas.
, The friendly owners,Margaret and Nick keep a low profile, but gave us a good welcome and were very helpful whenever needs arose.
The location is ideal for anyone seeking self catering accommodation on their visit to Vancouver.It is situated in a quiet and select tree-lined street, just a short stroll from Jericho Beach and 4th Avenue, with its easy public transport access to Downtown .
Overall, an excellent place to stay.

• Liked — spacious rooms and great location
  • Disliked — possibly bathroom and shower could do with updating?
  • Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

Stayed in the studio suite. Really nice and quite spacious, even with our 17-month old toddler running around. Well-furnished with all the kitchen things we needed to cook our own meals. Location was excellent, very quiet and just a couple of blocks from the beach and 3 blocks from 4th avenue to get buses and go to restaurants & shops. Only disappointment was that we went in February, so couldn't sit outside in the courtyard (would have been nice).

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family