MARKET by Jean-Georges, at the Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver
604 695 1115
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
MARKET by Jean-Georges, at the Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 2,809 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood, Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Thurlow Street
Description: The Vancouver location, of the Paris original, is an unparalleled dining experience in Vancouver. Designed for understated elegant, yet relaxed contemporary dining that supports Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s renowned Modern Pacific style of cooking. The Restaurant: Refined Dining: OPEN 7 days a week Reservations recommended – Level 3
vancouver
“Wow,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Wow, chef Wayne Harris really does it right. The food was absolutely fantastic, service and plating were just as good. Highly recommended

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Thai first
Burnaby, Canada
“Celebrated a half century in style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband took me and our three adult children to dine at this popular restaurant in Vancouver for my 50th birthday. I looked forward to this for over a month and a half and was treated to a wonderful dining experience. The atmosphere was posh with white leather furniture and über sophistication. The service staff was very attentive and I liked the way all five of us were served simultaneously. The food was heavenly! We will definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013
Vancouver
“Everything is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

It's good for family dinners, romantic late night drinks or a formal business lunch. That's what I like most about it; that it's flexible. The menu is not too creative. The execution the same. Nothing stands out in a good or a bad way. It's a hotel restaurant. A respectable one though and much much better than Yew. Overall, I always feel I get good value and walk away with a positive feeling.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Very Good, but not exceptional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This used to be one of my favourite restaurants in Vancouver. I often take clients their for lunch and occasionally for dinner. Food and service has generally been excellent. However, it seems like they have been changing up their fixed price set lunch menu to manage costs. Food is still good, but not up to the previous exceptional standards. Service remains impeccable although service was slow last week even though it appeared to be a slower day for them. Also, they are affected a bit by the noise from the demolition across the street.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gordon H, Manager at MARKET by Jean-Georges, at the Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. I regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been shared with the culinary team as we are always striving to improve and we would like to know what we could have done better for you and your guests. We would hope to see you dine with us again in the future so we may be given an opportunity to rectify the situation and show you the true Market experience.
Vancouver
“Impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went there for my anniversary and was greeted at the front door very politely. As we were being walked over to our table the hostess said "happy anniversary" so I knew they were paying attention. We started off with the truffle pizza and steelhead salmon appetizers and we were very satisfied because they were delicious. Our mains were the parmesan crusted chicken and beef tenderloin also very delicious. The waiters were very polite and courteous with us the whole night, the only issue we had was our mashed potatoes and gnocchi were a little cold so right away they brought us a new plate of each and took it off our bill. I was very thankful for that. I would definitely comeback for the food and ambience, the whole night was a pleasure.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Travelers who viewed MARKET by Jean-Georges, at the Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver also viewed

Vancouver, British Columbia

Been to MARKET by Jean-Georges, at the Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage MARKET by Jean-Georges, at the Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.