“What happened?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Speakeasy On Granville

Speakeasy On Granville
921 Granville Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
(604) 685-5531‎
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,193 of 3,020 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
“What happened?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Visited the speakeasy in september 2012 and also january 2013.
The first time we had an awesome breakfast, huge selection, large portions, pretty cheap for the amount of food we got. Probably one of the best eggs benadict i've had.
Unfortunately we headed back there to have breakfast again when we we're in vancouver recently and really wished we hadn't, the menu had decresed by at least two pages, we were told they don't do any changes to the menu although after consulting the chef was able to add a few things (at a cost). The portions were way smaller, and cold. The hashbrowns which we loved the first time were terrible.
Don't know what happened Speakeasy, change back!

• 1 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Canada
“Worst experience in Vancouver!! Do not eat here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My sister and I paid an over $200 bill one evening prior to going to a show at the commodore ballroom. We were literally CHASED down the street after we were in line at the commodore as the staff thought we had not settled our bill and FORCED us to walk back to the resaraunt with them to settle EVEN THOUGH our husbands were still at the bar at the same table!!! They totally embarrassed us, and as compensation offered us a free shot...sounds like a slap in the face if you ask me... Punch line..the girls they Mistook us for, did not skip their bill but just moved to a different table in the resaraunt. DON'T EAT HERE!!! Very unprofessional!!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Another Gin Joint. Good Large Screen Sports Bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Nothing spectacular, but good enough. Another of many sports bars with decent pub fare, but the ample TVs are a plus. It's interesting in reading the reviews how subjective and varied are the individual experiences with this bar, especially the service. As I mentioned, I found the place to be decent enough and at least when I was there, the bartender was friendly, attentive and competent. If the service held up and if I lived in the neighborhood this would become one of my go-to places for serious sports watching.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cancun
“Great Place to Hang Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Whenever I am in Vancouver visiting family I always like to meet up with friends at the Speakeasy. It has a fun atmosphere and the service is usually friendly. They have the best yam fries in town and their other dishes are pretty good too. When possible we like to sit outside on their small terrace for people watching.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Tried the newer Speakeasy on West Broadway...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Speakeasy is now on West Broadway in addition to the Granville street location. I tried the West Broadway version and wasn't impressed. While the menu looks ok, the execution is poor. I ordered the 8oz rib eye and it was disappointing - tiny, overcooked and underseasoned. It was a hastle getting fries instead of the mashed potatoes. The fries, incidentially, were not good - mcCain superfries. The best thing on my plate was the uninspired chunks of underseasoned veggies. My 3 other friends had a similar experience with the food, despite getting different dishes. The service was indifferent and slow despite the restaurant being mostly devoid of guests. I'm guessing this place will be ok for drinks / snacks to watch a game (as their are lots of good tv's) but for dinner or lunch, I'll take a pass.

• Visited September 2012