“Another Gin Joint. Good Large Screen Sports Bar” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Speakeasy On Granville

Speakeasy On Granville
921 Granville Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
(604) 685-5531‎
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,237 of 2,799 restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Another Gin Joint. Good Large Screen Sports Bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Nothing spectacular, but good enough. Another of many sports bars with decent pub fare, but the ample TVs are a plus. It's interesting in reading the reviews how subjective and varied are the individual experiences with this bar, especially the service. As I mentioned, I found the place to be decent enough and at least when I was there, the bartender was friendly, attentive and competent. If the service held up and if I lived in the neighborhood this would become one of my go-to places for serious sports watching.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

45% Recommend
Cancun
“Great Place to Hang Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Whenever I am in Vancouver visiting family I always like to meet up with friends at the Speakeasy. It has a fun atmosphere and the service is usually friendly. They have the best yam fries in town and their other dishes are pretty good too. When possible we like to sit outside on their small terrace for people watching.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Tried the newer Speakeasy on West Broadway...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Speakeasy is now on West Broadway in addition to the Granville street location. I tried the West Broadway version and wasn't impressed. While the menu looks ok, the execution is poor. I ordered the 8oz rib eye and it was disappointing - tiny, overcooked and underseasoned. It was a hastle getting fries instead of the mashed potatoes. The fries, incidentially, were not good - mcCain superfries. The best thing on my plate was the uninspired chunks of underseasoned veggies. My 3 other friends had a similar experience with the food, despite getting different dishes. The service was indifferent and slow despite the restaurant being mostly devoid of guests. I'm guessing this place will be ok for drinks / snacks to watch a game (as their are lots of good tv's) but for dinner or lunch, I'll take a pass.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chilliwack, Canada
“Ideal Place to Eat, Enjoy Company After a Wild Concert at Rogers Arena!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

After a Wild Concert at Rogers Arena, we were all Starving, and being a Sunday Late Night, asked the Cabbie, where we could eat that was still close to our Hotels. He Recommended Grandville St. When we got out of the Cab, right there was this Pub & Grill, my friends were concerned we wouldn't get in cause of how we were dressed " Military Goth, coming from a Rammstein Concert" so I asked the Bartender and he Welcomed us in. Food was Awesome! Our Waitress was Amazing, which I'd gotten her name she totally Rocked! Overall, Great Food, AMazing Service, Fantastic Way to end an EPIC Evening. Would Definately go back here again after a Concert or anytime I was hungery and in Downtown Van 5 Stars Speakeasy! Thank-You from us Rammstein Fans!

Visited May 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Play UK Soccer on big screens and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Popped in here twice during my recent stay.
Evening was quiet - they had 3 staff on. I had the half-rack of ribs. Very tasty.

I then was in for a big premiership game at lunch, only 1 staff member she seemed a little cold, but soon lightened up with some nice manners.

I looked at reviews of this place after i found it, and get the feeling some reviews aren't being fair and are by exceptionally critical people; i've been to both the recard (good selection of beers, average to low quality food and portions) and doolins and they can't call themselves sports bar.

Anyways, i really rate this place for sports, i have seen UK Football, NFL, Baseball and Cricket here.

Impressed given some of the reviews i have seen

Visited May 2012