“Very Dissapointing Place, good location but dirty old hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Vancouver

Save Saved
You added Quality Hotel Vancouver to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Vancouver
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1335 Howe Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1R7, Canada (Formerly Quality Hotel - Inn at False Creek)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #68 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
Seattle, Washington
“Very Dissapointing Place, good location but dirty old hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We trusted this trip advisor website too much this time. I don't understand how this hotel could have any good reviews. The location is great, very close to the best features of Vancouver BC, but the hotel is very old, extremely dirty, and smells horrible.

We considered walking away from this place and paying the extra $280 to find a room in any other hotel downtown. This was my worst hotel experience and I've done a lot of business trip around the world.

Our rate was about $129 but came up to about $190 once you add the undisclosed taxes and the $18 a day parking fee. I recommend you spend a little more and avoid the experience of a dark dirty carpet, dirty moldy bathrooms and moldy swimming pool which was out of service. This place is only workth it if they five it to you for $35 a night. I would compare it to a $35 motel and I'm being very generous.

I hope this helps someone avid what we had to experience here.

Room Tip: Pay a little more to stay in any other hotel in the area, there were beautiful buildings all around...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityVanGM, General Manager at Quality Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Vancouver. We do our best to accommodate all of our valued guests. We are surprised by your comments and wish you would have brought your concerns to our attention while you were at the hotel. All our staff take price in providing clean and comfortable accommodations for our valued guests.
The provincial taxes and fees are 16.50% on all guestrooms; gated underground parking is $18 plus the applicable taxes and transit levy per night. We do our best to ensure resellers including online agencies disclose all of the information regarding our hotel including taxes and fees.
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and wish we had an opportunity to correct them while you were staying with us.

391 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Prince George, BC, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

About a 10 min walk uphill from the Yale town sky train stop. About a 20 min walk to pacific center shopping. So you decide if close or not. Rooms were clean but tired - stayed in a suite on top level. Breakfast was very good and good service throughout hotel by all staff.

• Stayed April 2013
QualityVanGM, General Manager at Quality Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your return visit

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great location in Yaletown, staff were incredibly friendly and knowledgable about the area as well as taxi prices and public transport links. Only 2 blocks from the aqua bus and within 20minutes walk of the waterfront and Gastown. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very very comfy. Only drawback is that there are mass amounts of construction works going on Drake street which start around 7:30 in the morning, the windows block out some but not all of the sound.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us.

Marlborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the hotel as part of a large group on a geography field trip.
The staff were very helpful to our needs and always polite
The rooms were of a good quality and always kept clean by the maid.
The only fault was the shower which was so powerful, it hurt to stand under for too long!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms on the road side of the hotel, despite having good views, were quite noisy in the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us.

Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

From the first phone call to reserve my room I was treated with courtesy by all staff at Quality Hotel. My request to move to a room facing the back of the hotel was arranged promptly. My request to be located no higher than the 2nd floor was honoured as well with not question. The room was very well appointed, very clean and very affordable. The on-site restaurant provided large, professionally prepared portions at very reasonable prices was indeed a welcome surprise. The hotel is very well located to West end restaurants, major attractions and located within 3-4 blocks of St. Paul's Hospital. I will most definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us. Glad you enjoyed our rooms, guest service staff, and our short distance to St. Paul's Hospital.

fresno, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

More of a pre-review in that I have emailed the customer service department at the Hotel at least 5 times in as many weeks to get general information on amenities. No response as of yet. Let's see how it goes.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear you had trouble reaching us by email. Our reservations stay work very hard at providing the best service ever. If you did not get a response after sending 5 emails there must be an error in our email system. Please contact us directly so we can address the issue.
We hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The property is centrally located to a a variety of great aspects of Vancouver: stores restaurants, rental cars, etc. From that perspective, it's a great value for the money.

My check-in experience was very pleasant with the gentleman at the desk. He deserves appreciation for his customer focused approach.

The rooms are nicely appointed with all the amenities expected for a hotel of this caliber. Unfortunately, construction behind the property makes it very noisy during the day. Likewise, the nighttime was very noisy, with car alarms going off every night, which leads me to believe that the neighbourhood is less than stellar.

Parking is quite secure with a card key needed to get in the facility as well as to gain access to the facility from the property.

My real challenge with the property is the communication of the staff. On the day of departure, I called around 7:30am to ask for a late checkout. The person answering the front desk button on the room phone said yes, but quickly hung up the phone, indicating to me that he/she had little training in responding to customers or has little care whatsoever.

I was then called at 11:10am by someone at the front desk. She asked me if I was checking out. I explained that I called at 7:30am. He/she said that person must have been asleep and then apologized.

At 11:40am I get a maid knocking on the door asking if I was checking out. I guess the 11:10am person was also sleeping since he/she never relayed the information to the maids.

I am not sure why this property has such bad communication, especially to Platinum members of their loyalty programme? Training is desperately needed at this property in fundamental customer care. I am definitely not choosing this Choice hotel ever again. Too much hassle...

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the back of the hotel. Th construction is too loud during the day and the c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for bringing this service issue to our attention. I wish you would have share your concern with me when you were at the hotel. I will certainly review this strange situation with our staff and address any issue arising.

GM

Been to Quality Hotel Vancouver? Share your experiences!