“Rare!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miku

Miku
70-200 Granville St | Corner of Canada Way and Howe St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 2R6, Canada (Downtown)
604-568-3900
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Miku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 2,801 restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe Street & Canada Place Way
Description: We specialize in Aburi, or flamed-seared sushi, which was developed nearly a century ago in Japan. The act of applying fire directly and lightly sear is known to enhance the natural flavors of the fish. Miku owner, Seigo Nakamura, innovated the Aburi concept by creating speciality sauces, using non-traditional Japanese ingredients, to complement the unique taste properties of each fish. Miku Restaurant is within walking distance from the Pan Pacific Hotel, Canada Place, Trade & Exhibition Centre, IMAX Theatre, Cruise Ship Terminals and Sea Bus. If shopping downtown, join us for lunch and re-energize. It's entrance is at the corner of Howe Street and Canada Place Way, overlooking the east cruiseship terminal at Canada Place. **Please note: We do not take reservations for the patio as it is a first come, first serve basis. We also only will hold reservations for an additional 15 minutes.
Winnipeg, Canada
“Rare!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have traveled extensively, and am a huge sushi fan. This restaurant tops them all.
The sushi is fresh, innovative, and beautifully presented. Service was excellent and they accommodated some unique food needs in the group. I can't say a single negative thing about them - although not cheap, they are truly worth it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
Vancouver, Canada
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Best service I have ever had at ANY restaurant. Sit at the sushi bar and have them WOW you!

Food was spectacular!

Visited June 2012
Seattle
“I may be a minority opinion - what did I miss?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was in Vancouver BC recently for the weekend and had done a lot of research on the best place to go for sushi. We chose Miku after reading so many glowing reviews on TA and all over the internet. I did think it was good, but I wasn't overwhelmed especially for the price. I don't mind a large bill when the food is really outstanding, but I know I could have gone elsewhere for less and had an equally good if not better meal. Again, everything was good, but it didn't "wow" me. It was definitely pretty though.

The funny thing is, my favorite part of the meal was dessert which is not what I would expect at a sushi restaurant! We also had an amazing bottle of sake.

The food was beautifully presented and the service was good. Many people seem to love the decor but I felt it was a little dated, although I know they're in the process of moving to a new space. Maybe I'm just missing something?

For a more detailed review and photos (the food is pretty): http://kimpluscraig.com/2013/05/09/miku-restaurant/

Visited April 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Don't be put off by the seared sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love sushi but I was hesitant about this place because it's known for its seared sushi called "aburi." I tried seared tuna before and didn't like the texture- I prefer raw fish. However I was pleasantly surprised by the aburi here- the sear is done so well that it brings out the flavor more and the sushi is still raw enough to satisfy a fresh, fleshy craving.

Visited March 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Don't miss Miku the best Japenese restaurant in VAncouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

In a beautiful contemporary decor this is my Japenese restaurant while staying in Vancouver. I like to seat at the sushi bar and I am never disappointed. The chefs show is incredible and they work at high speed creating wonderful sushis and sashimis among other specialties. Here you can found a great mix of traditional dishes with a new modern taste. By April 20th they are moving to a new place I am thrilled to see the new decor !

Visited April 2013